Killer likes candy

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

When I instantly got home I noticed that my mom was dressed up oddly fancy. She had a Green dress on and she had make-up on.
“Where are you off to?” I asked still feeling tremendously depressed, which my voice showed. I slumped over to the island in the kitchen and rested my heavy head on my hands.
“To a party.” She said. My guess is that she didn’t notice my mood at all because she started talking again. “I wish your father was here so I wouldn’t have to go to the party alone.” She went on while putting on her earrings. “But then again, I might meet someone.” She said smiling. Then he looked at me and sighed. “What has you down now?”
“Nothing.” I replied whilst knowing what it is.
“Is it about Shannon?” My mom asked and just hearing her name made me bite the inside of my cheeks to stop myself contorting into a quivering mess.
“No…”
“Listen…” She said starting something I knew I didn’t want to hear right now. “I once had this friend and he was clinically depressed and often punched himself—“
“MOM!” I yelled and looped myself out from under her arm that she had put around me while talking.
“What?”
“Shannon was not clinically depressed! I told you, she was murdered!” I yelled knowing that my mom wasn’t going to understand me at all. Why would anyone? I was the only witness and there was nothing there to indicate that she didn’t do it on her own.
“Cass, it’s time you get over this. I know she was a good friend but you’ve made new friends and holding onto bad things like that is just going to ruin your life.”
“You don’t know anything! Don’t try and tell me what to do with my life!” I screamed. My mother merely gave me a glare and grabbed her purse and walked out the door.
I clenched my hands into fists and sniffled up whatever sanity I had left and calmed myself down. There was no way I was letting my mom get to me with that. Nobody ever listened to me when I said what happened.

I went upstairs and started a bath for myself. Bath’s always calmed my nerves and almost took me out of reality; which I massively needed. Once I had gotten into the tub I laid still and closed my eyes.
“I love you…don’t ever forget that I always will.”
I opened my eyes and looked around excited knowing I was set up for failure. I was hearing voices again only now there talking more frequently. I used to only hear it when I was dreaming. They now target me every time I close my eyes.
“I don’t want to be here anymore.” I said out loud to myself. “If I can’t be with you then I don’t want to be here. Life’s so pointless without you.” That’s when I decided, as blunt as this might sound, to drown myself. I simply submerged my head in the tub and from there on it sounds like some strange fantasy story.
I felt the bottom of the tub sink away and I fell into an ocean. I could only guess it was an ocean because my eyes were closed. I felt arms go around my waist and pull me more in deeper. I turned to wrap my arms around the thing pulling me deeper to thank it for helping me. I wanted to see my savior so I opened my eyes.