Tears of Silver

Homecoming

Chapter five

“Yanua how is mom?” Rich asked into his cell phone.

Arielle blinked with surprise, he actually had a cell phone! She peeked through her hair at him.

“She’s where?!” His voice escalated as he peered though the window. His hands clenched into fists. “What the fuck is wrong with her. She is just a girl, her niece no doubt....Shit.” He sighed. “Well we’ll be home soon okay?”

Rich exhaled tiredly and looked up at her, she looked back blankly.

“So you’re Arielle?” He said trying to strike up a conversation.

Silence, Arielle stared at him trying not to make a remark about his effort. He saw the faint outline of a smile on her lips and smirked.

“Just wait cousin. I’ll be able to make you laugh.” He said making a silly face by stretching his face out and sticking his tongue out his mouth.

“Young sir, we are arriving.” John said suddenly slowing the car down to a stop.

“Welcome dear Arielle to our humble home.” Rich said dramatically swinging open the door.

Arielle stepped out the car and stood unmoved at the gigantic house. Up front it was wide and tall with several windows. The walls where a dull gray color like one would see in a horror house, only slightly better, without the bats or spiders hanging around. The path leading toward the house was winding and had an arch with roses twined in.

‘So what do you think of our home?” Arielle shrugged nonchalantly. “Hum, just wait till you get inside.”

Arielle let Rich drag her through the pathway with John following silently behind them. She was awed by how beautiful it looked especially the way the roses that hanged over her head were just above her each so she could smell the odor of them.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” He said softly. If only his own life was as innocent and peaceful as the path.

Arielle nodded, it really was. Rich stopped suddenly and turned her around to face him. His mouth was set in a grim frown.

“There are some things your have to know about my mom;

One she hates magic.

Two she hated werewolves.

Three she hated you the most.

You get it, no magic or anything funny cause mom freaks out over the tiniest thing. It’s your mom that inherited the magic, leave my mother out of it.” Rich squinted at Arielle. “You get it?”

Arielle did nothing but nod. This place was anything but normal and Arielle could feel it quivering in her bones.