Hearts for the One I Love

One Bullet

We walked up to the five men, the singer stood up first.

“Hello Katey. It’s nice to see you again.” The singer opened up his arms.

“Hi Gerard!” Katey yelled and ran into his arms.

“Who’s this?” He asked while he pointed at me.

I held out my hand. “I’m Shaylee.”

He shook it gladly, and smiled. “Hi Shay. I’m Gerard.” I smiled back.

The rest of them stood up. The drummer came towards me, and held out his hand. “I’m Bob.”

I shook it. “Shaylee.” I smiled. He had really nice blue eyes.

The bassist came up to me next. He was drop dead gorgeous. His kids were going to be beautiful. “Mikey.” He smiled big enough for his lovely brown eyes to crinkle.

I was lost for words. “Lee Lee.”

A shorter man cam up to me. “I’m Frank, my pleasure to meet you Shaylee.”

“Hi Frank.” Now he was cute, no doubt about it.

Finally after waiting through the introductions, the froed guitarist walked up to me gracefully. He took my hand that was limply hanging by my side. “My name is Ray.” He grabbed the other hand as well. He held my hands in his. He looked up.

I melted in his warm brown eyes. “Sh-Sh-Sh-Shaylee.”

“Ray let go of Lee Lee!” Katey slapped Ray’s hands.

“Ow jeez Kate. ―Fine.” Ray glared at Katey. “Do you pretty ladies want to sit?” Ray asked the two of us, but spoke to me.

“Ya sure…” Katey crossed her arms.

“Lighten up Kae.” I shook my head.

Mikey grabbed Katey’s arm. “What she said ―Come sit please!?” Mikey pleaded.

I remembered that Katey loved the Way Brothers. “Fine Mikey.” Katey blushed.

I followed Ray to the couch, where he sat beside the right arm rest. I sat on his left, to my left sat Mikey, and no his left was Katey, and on her left was Gerard.

Ray put his left arm over the back of the couch. I noticed that he was wearing a wedding ring, and so did Frank, Mikey, and Gerard. I assumed that Bob was also taken.

My heart sank, but in the end I knew we could be friends.