Yellow Dose of Obsession

II. The Man Who.

The dining room had disappeared.

I found myself in the middle of an icy wasteland. There were mountains—lots of them—surrounding me a few miles away. The sky above me was the darkest of blues being painted with the occasional lightning. A strong wind blew towards me, sending bits of snow on my face. Everything looked and felt absolutely desolate.

The dining table, however, was still there, right in front of me. And also the cup of noodles I was consuming. So I continued eating, ignoring the cold, ignoring the loud gusts of wind. And there she was.

A few feet in front of me stood Diane. Her outfit looked different this time; she was wearing a slim red dress that matched her pair of red shoes. She had also tied a red ribbon around her hair. And her smile. Her bright red lips. It seemed to beckon me towards her.

I stood up and found the table gone. And the noodles, too. There was only my stepmother and I in that empty wasteland. I looked at her intently, thinking of my next move. She, too, seemed to be thinking of her next move. And, then—

From her pocket, Diane pulled out a revolver and pointed it towards my forehead. I didn’t know how to react. I just stood there, staring at her smile, her bright red lips.

And there was a bang. I felt my forehead searing in pain. I felt hot liquid splashing out of the hole the bullet made on my face. Finally, I collapsed down the cold, white snow.