Take My Hand And Never Be Afraid Again

Chapter 1

Chris's P.O.V
I watched as the blood slowly trickled down my arm the pain didn't bother me. Heck i couldn't feel anything. It had become a routine. They would both come back drunk and have a fight. It was most likely about me or else how he thought she was cheating on him with some guy he had seen her with. Then they would always turn on me and would kick, punch, slap and once she stabbed me in the arm but because she was an ex-nurse she bandaged me up and i didn't go to school for a month. She had only started getting drunk when my dad left and she met him. Before she had been my best friend and now she was my enemy just like all the kids at school. School was exactly like home they would beat me and push me into lockers because i was the only "emo" in school.At school my get away was the park opposite it. My home get away was my bedroom. I also had a job, i worked at the diner. My only comfort was my blade and my best mate Steven. The only problem is that he died a few days ago. He couldn't take his life anymore so he ended it. He took a heroin overdose. He left me a note that said:

Dear Christina (aka Chris)
I'm sorry that i did this but i couldn't take the beatings and abuse that they gave me. The reason i did this is because i couldn't see any other way of getting out of this mess. My only death wish is that you don't do what i did. You have a future. Your an awesome singer. I know you'll miss me and i will miss you in either heaven or hell. Please please stay strong.
Love Steve
p.s. i love you


The night he died i cried and cried and cut myself over and over again. I couldn't feel the pain of the cuts because i was numb from the pain of him leaving. The next day i was back to school, the hood of my Hood as far down my face as it would go. People stared at me and the usual cliques laughed and jeered at me. I didn't care anymore. I couldn't understand why i was still living when my only purpose of living was dead so why should i live? That question kept going through my mind. But i quickly dismissed the thought as the bell rang ordering me to go to my next lesson. I turned the corner not bothering to look when i slammed straight into a locker door. "fuck" i muttered to myself. The person behind the locker door got down on his knees with me to help pick my books up. I was shocked. Nobody ever helped me.He has to be a new kid. I should tell him to stay away from me before he got battered.
"Oh! I'm so sorry! Gosh i didn't mean to hurt you so bad. Oh let me help you!" He said so fast that i almost didn't hear it all. He picked up my history and music books. "thanks" i mumbled. "I'm Frank. I'm new here." he grinned. I thought he was mad. Why was he talking to me? But it did feel good to talk to someone after Steve's death.
"So whats your name?" Frank asked
"Huh sorry, i blanked out, what did you say?"
"I asked you your name"
"Oh my names Christina or Chris." I blinked back the tears that had formed in my eyes. I couldn't let him see me cry. I was crying because only Steve called me Chris.
"Are you OK. You look kinda sad"
"Yeah I'm fine thanks err gotta go. History"
"OK. Hey could you show me around today. because I'm new here.
"Erm I'm not sure thats a good idea"
"why"
"you wouldn't understand"
"try me"
"no you wouldn't understand. now can i go to history?"
" yeah sure but I'm gonna follow you because i also have history"
"fine"
I arrived at history late thanks to Mr new boy over here.
"Christina your late. 15 minutes detention after school"
"OK" i mumbled and i started towards the back corner where my desk was, only i didn't make it because i got tripped up. I felt my face burn and i scurried to my seat. I was glad nobody sat next to me in the lesson. I could let my tears fall silently without nobody bothering me.
"hey again" i quickly wiped my eyes up and looked at Frank smiling baring all his white teeth.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is mine and my friend's story, yeah it kinda sucks at the moment, but it's our first story...

please comment! :)