Take My Hand And Never Be Afraid Again

Chapter 5

"Shh--- don't cry. Why did those idiots hit you?"
"They asked me what i was doing hugging you. when i said i was doing nothing one of Billy's girlfriends started an argument and then Billy's friend, Trey punched and kicked me in the stomach and face..." she said quietly after calming down and catching her breath.
How could someone do that to her? Shes so amazing but she doesn't realize that because those jocks make her feel so bad about herself and beat the shit out of her.
The bell rang. I got up and held out a hand to her to help her get up. She took it and got up. I still hadn't let go of her hand and i think she noticed cause she quickly let go.
Chris's P.O.V
I realized i was still holding Franks hand so i quickly let go. We both had the same classes and right now we had maths. I was in no mood to do to the lesson. We were going to have a test and i hadn't revised.
"Hey, do you wanna go to maths?" i asked. He thought fora moment then said, "Nah...I'm sure we have a test today and i haven't gone over the past work." He had read my mind.
"So you wanna skip?" I asked hoping for a yes.
" Yeah!!! Were already 5-10 minutes late. Where do you want to go?" I knew exactly where. My get away. The park.
" Well i have this place. Me and Steven always went there when we needed a break from school or home. But you cant tell anyone i go there, because it will just ruin it."
"OK no problem. I wont tell anyone, trust me."
I smiled. I did trust Frank. Ive only known him for a day or two but i trust him enough to tell him about my life.
"OK, c'mon. Lets go" I said grabbing mine and his bag and handing him his.
"Thanks, so you'll have to show me the way because i only just moved." said Frank
"No problem. It isn't that far just across the road from the back of the school." I said walking around the corner towards the back of the school. Frank followed me like a tail. The rest of the walk to the park was silent but a comfortable silence.
"Its not much of a park its just a few swings and a whole load of trees."
"Cool, i like swings." said Frank
When we got there i quickly took Frank to the back of the park. That was where all the trees were. In one of the old oak trees there was a massive hole me and Steven had made it our 2nd home. We had decorated it with posters and quite a few times we had camped out here when home was totally unbearable.
"This place is so cool!" Frank told me.
"Me ans Steven made it our secret hideout spot. We even camped out here once."
"It must have been so cool to sleep out here with your best friend!" he said.
"Ye-yeah. it-it was so f-fun" i mumbled. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes.

Frank's P.O.V

She was crying, i gave her a big hug.
"Maybe it was a bad idea coming here and stuff. You know with all the memories here." i said.
"No I'm glad i came here actually I'm glad you came with me. I'm happy that i banged into your locker yesterday because if i hadn't i don't think i would still be here. I wouldn't be able to cope but now that I've met you in just 1 day I've found out that we are so alike and you are so like Steven. Your dad hits you, my mum and her boyfriend hit me. Your life is shit and my life is shit and i cut myself."
She had mumbled the last sentence and quickly turned away. I knew she hadn't wanted me to hear it but i needed to make sure i had heard right.
"What did you say?"
"nothing"
"Don't lie" i grabbed her softly by the chin and made her look into my eyes.
"I want to know what you said at the end everything else i heard and i can truly say that everything you said was true. I'm glad you bumped into my locker, I'm glad i met you. Id trust you with my life even though i only met you yesterday. Now i want you to trust me and tell me what you said.
"I-I said..." she hesitated for a moment still looking at me in the eyes. I could see her light brown eyes now had a sheet of water over them. I hated to see her cry.

"...i cut myself." She finally said in a voice just louder than a whisper. So i had heard right. She does really trust me to ell me something like that. I didn't think i would tell anyone this either but i think i should tell her.
"I cut too.." I said quietly and looked down. I felt her gaze still on me. This time she held my chin nd made me lift my face.
"Why?" was all she asked her light brown eyes filled with concern and curiosity.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo