The Matchmaker of Decaydance

Think Long and Hard

Gabe P.O.V.

Alana ran into the bedroom after quacking her seat (Bill told me about them doing that in high school - he still does it) and I went into the kitchen . I had sort of rethought what I’d done. Alana and Pete had been fighting a lot these past few days, and it was really my fault. Before this, they were best friends. I knew that. I mean, how many siblings were willing to live together after they moved out of their parents’ house?

I then realized I was making a turkey and strawberry sandwich.

Gabriel, you’re a damn vegetarian! The turkey was here for the other guys!

Fuck it,
I thought, and took a bite. This girl was seriously changing my life, by a lot.

The thing with Alana and Pete still bugged me. I really didn’t wan tot mess anything up between them. When I talked to Suarez at the airport, he said Pete wasn’t anywhere to be seen. That, of course, worried me; with his past issues with depression, who knows what he was doing.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and hit speed dial 3: Bill. A busy tone was all I got. I heard Alana go back into the living room and, of course, Ryland had taken her seat. Not quite ready to go back in the room yet, I poured a glass of water and chugged it.

This whole episode could actually have some real drawbacks. Pete was the head of our record label, and he controlled the production of our music. But he wasn’t dumb, and he wouldn’t hurt his business by kicking us off the label.

Would he?
♠ ♠ ♠
second update today :)
we started school again today... :( ugh. grossness.
Plus there's tons of drama with me and my best friend, which is sucking a lot. May not be updates for a few days, so I figured I'd get this one out while I had time.