The Matchmaker of Decaydance

Sitting in an Airport

Alex Suarez P.O.V.

I was sitting in the airport with Kacie, waiting for our flight to New York. Gabe had been kicked out by Pete and I had thought it well to leave, too. Kacie said she would come on Warped for a week or two.

Kacie sat down next to me, a new book in one hand and a coffee in the other. She was a brilliant girl - she would probably have the book finished by the time we landed in NYC. Since Alana introduced us, I have not been able to stop staring at Kacie. I had to remind myself to thank Alana.

“So, about Gabe and Alana,” Kacie said. She had that voice that was just so beautiful.

Okay, I’m done now.

“How long have they known each other?”

“Um…four days?” I said, trying to think back. It felt like a lot longer. “At the most, five.”

Kacie’s expression turned to surprise. “Really? You would have thought that it was longer, like at least a few months.”

“Yeah, it does. It’s kind of weird, because Gabe hasn’t really connected with someone this fast before.”

“Gabe seems like the type that has a lot of friends.”

“Kind of. Lots of people know him, but he only has a few really close friends, like Bill and Ryland and Vicky and me, and now Alana.”

“I thought he was close to Pete, too.”

I chuckled. “Probably not so much anymore, now that Gabe and Alana met. Apparently, Pete’s really protective of her.”

“I suppose. He did get kicked out.”

“I swear, that man is controlled by his hormones. Alana doesn’t know what she’s getting herself into.”

“I think she is, too, or at least somewhat. She’s best friends with some of the most…attractive men in the industry.”

“And what am I?” I asked slyly. I think some of Gabe’s attitude rubbed off on me. Well, that’s what I get for touring with the guy.

Kacie blushed a little. “Well…you, Mr. Suarez, are the most attractive.”

I felt heat rising to my face. Great. “Well…I, uh…thanks.”

Why the hell couldn’t I talk? Ugh. I hate that.

Before I knew it, she was kissing me.

Alana Wentz is my new hero.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been so long, guys. I've had a hell of a week. just check out my latest journal and you'll see why. This one is kind of filler-ish, but I swear there'll be better stuff soon. like tour stuff :P