The Matchmaker of Decaydance

Good Morning

I groaned as I rolled over in bed. The sun was shining in my face because Ashlee had opened my curtains as wide as she possibly could, letting the sun shine directly in my eyes.

“Oi, do you have to do that?”

“Duh. Let’s go, we’re going shopping today.”

I rolled over and buried my face in the pillow. “Says who?”

“Me and Hayley. We can get out and get you stuff for tonight without the guys knowing what the hell it will be.”

“Wait a sec,” I said, sitting up. “Tonight?”

“We,” she said, sitting on the edge of my bed. “We are going out tonight. All of us.”

“All as in who?”

“You, me, Pete, Joe, Patrick, Andy, William, Alex, Hayley, Trav, Katy, and of course, Gabe,” she said, ticking the names off on her fingers.

“Alana?” A voice called from downstairs.

“Hayley!” I cried, jumping up from my bed and running out the door. I wasn’t looking where I was going and ended up smacking into Gabe as he left his own room.

“Morning, Alana,” he said slyly.

“Hey, Gabe,” I replied, running my fingertips over his bare stomach as I passed him. Ashlee caught up to me and grabbed my shoulder.

“What was that about?”

“Oh, nothing,” I said as we thundered down the stairs. Hayley was standing in the kitchen, staring at the half-eaten sandwich on the counter.

“What the hell is that?”

“A sandwich.”

“That’s been sitting out for how long?”

“Long enough.” I gave her a huge hug. “Grr, it’s been a really long time since I’ve seen you.”

“I know, Alana. You ready for our day out?”

“Hayley!” Pete cried, running into the room with Hemingway chasing him, wearing only a pair of low-rider skinnies.

“Hey, almost-naked Peter.”

“Yeah, yeah. You like it,” he said, giving her a hug.

“Not particularly, shorty.”

“Okay, kids,” Ashlee said. “We’re leaving.”

“Whoa, I’m not even dressed yet!”

“Then hurry up. And no making out with anyone while you’re up there!” she called after me.

“But why not?” I yelled back down, making my way to my room.

“Good question,” a voice said behind me. I jumped about a foot in the air and gasped. A pair of arms encircled me from behind. “Easy, there, Alana.”

“What is it with you and scaring the shit out of me?”

Gabe chuckled. “It’s kinda fun.” He kissed the side of my neck, and just like the night before, I couldn’t breathe.

“Gabe, I need to get ready. I’m being stolen by Ash and Hayley.”

“Aw, but this is so much better.”

“Maybe it is,” I said, turning around in his arms. “But there’s always later.”

He grinned. “Fine.” Releasing me, he took one step back.

“Me getting ready means you out of my room,” I said, smiling. He started to pout as I pushed him out of the door. I shut it behind him only to have someone knocking a second later.

“What did I tell you, hon?” Ashlee said through the door.

“I don’t have to listen to you.”

“We’re leaving without you.”

“You wouldn’t,” I said as I slipped on a pair of jeans and a white v-neck on. I made my way downstairs, where everyone was waiting for me. “Let’s go, kids,” I said, grabbing Gabe’s hat that was still on the floor and putting it on my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
argh. filler. sorry.