Forget the Things We Swore We Meant

Cake

I couldn't concentrate. I'm sure I looked like a zombie. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing. I felt my fingers moving over the guitar strings, but I didn't hear a sound. I didn't see the large crowd in front of me. I didn't hear the drums or the bass. But I did hear Brendon, his voice ringing clearly in my ears.

Then I felt myself singing. I didn't hear it. I just felt it.

"Sugarcane in the easy mornin'
Weathervanes my one and lonely,
" I sang. My part ended and Brendon sang again.

I zoned in and out until the end of the show. When it was over, I forced a smile for the fans before leaving the stage.

"Are we staying to meet fans?" I asked out loud.

"I am," said Jon.

"I'm gonna stay and see a few of them," Brendon said. I saw Spencer nodding his head. I assumed he was going to be staying.

"Ok," I said. I guess I was staying.

------------------------------------------------------

I felt completely gross when we were done meeting fans. I had been sweaty from the show and I would have preferred taking a shower right away, but wasn't able to.

I was relieved to return to my hotel room and get into the shower. I was probably in there for a good 30 to 40 minutes. The water felt amazing. When I was done, I only bother to pull on a pair of boxers. I sat on the edge of my bed and that's when exhaustion hit me. I sighed loudly and laid back on the bed. I was pulling the blankets over my body when there was a quick knock on my door. I groaned and reluctantly got out of the bed. I didn't bother looking to see who it was and just opened the door.

Brendon.

I was about to ask him what he was doing here, but he came into my room and closed the door quickly before attaching his lips to mine.

I would have pushed him away for what he had done earlier, but I love him. And I really wanted this. He was the cake to my inner fat kid. I would savor every moment of this, because I knew later, he'd be gone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! :]
~Sally