Status: FIN (:

Love Me Patiently, Love Me Honestly

Chapter Eleven

I looked at my dashboard clock as I pulled into Kennedy’s drive way. 4:03. I ran to the door and knocked, praying he wouldn’t be mad. He opened the door holding Emma in his arms.

“I am so, so sorry.” I said as I walked in.

He smiled. “I got scared you weren’t coming.”

“Sorry, I fell asleep. I take naps too much.” I said.

“Yeah, you’ve been late everyday this week.” He laughed.

“I should start setting an alarm, if this is gonna be a normal thing.”

“Well, I think that’s a safe bet.” He smiled.

I smiled back. “Has Emma had her nap yet?” I asked, holding out my arms so he would hand her to me.

“No, she doesn’t nap unless you’re here to put her down.” He said as we walked to the nursery.

“She loves me more than you.” I laughed.

“I’m very offended.” He said and playfully pinched Emma’s cheeks. She laughed as I laid her down.

We sat and watched her as she fell asleep. “She is so cute.” I whispered.

“I know.” he smiled.

“Okay, let’s go get our study on.” I said once Emma was fast asleep.

****
“It’s getting late.” I said, looking at the clock. 6 hours had passed, and we’d only studied for about 1.

“Yeah, you should go.” He frowned.

“Cheer up, Charlie. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He smiled. “I’ll walk you to your car.”

When we got to my car I turned to him. “So…I’ll see you tomorrow, bye!” I smiled and turned to open my car door. When I had barely opened it, he reached around and shut it. I turned to face him. He rested his right hand on the car and looked at me. He smiled, but didn’t move.

I laughed lightly. “Whatcha doin?”

He laughed. He leaned in closer to me, his eyes on my lips. Before his touched mine he looked me in the eyes. I smiled and attached my lips to his. I rested my right hand on the left side of his face and he pulled me against him with his left hand.

“Shush girl, shut your lips, do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.” My phone rang from my back pocket, and I pulled away.

He looked at me. “Really?” He laughed.

“It’s a good song!” I said as I pulled out my phone.

He laughed. “Mhmm.”

I had a text message. I decided to read it as Kennedy surveyed my car.

“Come hang out with meee. “I’ve got pizza and ice cream here, and if you don’t want me to get fat, you need to be here...NOW!” I read my text from John. I looked up at Kennedy and closed my phone.

“Well, I guess I’ll head home. I’ve got a big Calculus test tomorrow that I need to study for, because my tutor is slacking!” I smiled.

“Whatever, you’ll do fine!” He said and opened my car door for me. I got in and closed the door.

“Such a gentleman.” I smiled and turned on the car.

He stuck his head through the open window and kissed my cheek. “Goodnight, Maddie.”

“Night Kenny.” I smiled and pulled out of his driveway. When I got to the end of the street I got another text. I stopped at the stop sign and opened my phone. “Maddieeee, :(. I mss you.” Another text from John. I looked up at the street in front of me. Turning right would take me home, and turning left would take me to John’s. I looked at my cell phone again, and exited the message screen. I looked at the wallpaper. A picture John had taken of himself and set as my background.

I looked back at the street, and I turned left.

I got to John’s apartment in a matter of minutes. I knocked on his door hesitantly. Not sure if coming here was the right thing. I could only think about everything Garrett had told me.

He swung open the door. “Maddieeee!” He said enthusiastically.

“Hi, John.” I laughed and walked in.

“I’m glad you came.” He hugged me.

“Me too.” I smiled as I looked at the living room. There was 2 boxes of pizza, chips, and a bag of rented movies.

“There’s ice cream in the freezer. I figured we’d have one of our infamous hang out nights!” he smiled.

“On a Thursday?” I questioned.

“I missed you! It’s been so long!” He said as we sat down on the couch.

“I know. Sorry about that. I’ve been really busy with school this week.” I said, remembering my Calculus test tomorrow.

“Well, it’s break time, sister!” He said as he pushed play on the DVD remote.

We barely watched the movie, we just talked the whole time.

“Can we bust out the ice cream?” I asked.

“Please do.” He said. I walked to the freezer and grabbed the tub of ice cream and 2 spoons.

I sat down next to John. “Sooo, how’s Courtney?” I shoved a spoonful into my mouth.

“Ugh, she is blowin’ up my cell phone!”

“Why don’t you just turn it off?” I asked.

“I couldn’t risk missing a call or text form my best friend!” he replied.

I gave him a questioning look.

“You, dummy!” He flinged a tiny chuck of ice cream at my face.

I laughed and wiped the ice cream off my face.

“So how is Kennedy? I haven’t seen him in a while either.” He asked.

“Oh, um, Kennedy is good. Emma’s been teething so it’s a busy time around that house.”

“Oh, right.” John got a wary look on his face.

“What?” I asked.

“Well, Maddie…“ He hesitated. “You still have ice cream on your face still.” He said, and I knew that meant I wouldn’t get an answer for why he had that look on his face.

“Dangit. Get it.” I leaned close to him.

He looked caught off guard for a second, the he smiled. And in the pit of my stomach I got a feeling I’ve never had with John before. Butterflies?

He used his thumb to wipe away the ice cream on my cheek. Then he looked at it, frustrated, and licked his thumb and rubbed harder. “Geez, it’s like it’s dried on or something.” he said.

The whole time I looked at his eyes, his perfect eyes.

“All right, I think we’re good.” I barely heard what the said. I was in my own world, picturing what John and I would look like as a couple, what our dates would be like, how perfect it all was, in theory. Then I pictured Kennedy and the kiss we had shared not even 3 hours ago.

Those thoughts went away when I noticed John’s eyes finally meeting mine. I noticed him lean towards me. I noticed his forehead resting against mine. I noticed him place his hand on my chin. I noticed when our lips were almost touching. But when his lips meant mine, all I could notice were the butterflies in my stomach.

He kissed me softly, innocently. He pulled away after only a few seconds, but kept his face close to mine.

He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it. After a few seconds he opened it again. “Do you want to stay the night?”
♠ ♠ ♠
...to be continued (:<