Status: FIN (:

Love Me Patiently, Love Me Honestly

Chapter Nineteen

I walked past Garrett, tears filling my eyes. I didn’t look at him, but he followed me in. I made a sharp right when we entered, heading to the bathrooms. I walked into the family bathroom, and Garrett followed me in.

He closed the door and looked at me. I got one good look before I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his t-shirt.

He rubbed his hand up and down my back soothingly. “You chose Kennedy.” He told himself, not very surprised.

I nodded and he put his hand on my head, stroking my hair. “It’s okay, Maddie. It’ll all be okay.”

“He hates me, Garrett, he hates me. He wouldn’t even look at me.” I said through sobs.

“Maddie,” Garrett said forcefully. He pulled me away from him and put his hands on my shoulders. “John will never hate you; there is nothing you could do to make him hate you, absolutely nothing. You know that.”

I did know that. I echoed the words John had told me before ‘You could never hurt me so much you’d lose me’. Did these words still hold true? It scared me that I honestly wasn’t sure.

“I didn’t know picking Kennedy meant picking him over my friendship with John,” I said quietly.

Garrett laughed lightly, “It didn’t. He just needs time; it will all be okay by the time your party comes.”

“Promise?” I looked at him, my eyes begging him to assure me.

“I swear.” He smiled. “Now,” He wiped the tears still hanging on my eyelashes away. “Freshen up a little, because you look so cute today and I want to walk around the mall and pretend you’re my girlfriend.”

I laughed and wiped any makeup that had smeared. “All better?” I asked.

“You look perfect,” He smiled and grabbed my hand as we left the restroom.

We walked out of the family bathroom, ignoring the stares the young couple with a young daughter gave us.

“So, what are we buying?” I asked Garrett, he still held my hand in his as we walked side by side and I was thankful. Garrett was truly one of the best guys I know, and he always knew how to make me feel better.

“A hot dress for your party tonight, duh.” He smiled. “You need to look good, and I am going to help you with that.”

“So you mean you’re just going to watch me try on clothes?” I laughed.

“Yes, so please make them really hot so it’s not totally boring.” He said.

I smiled as we entered Urban Outfitters. “Will do,” I smiled and kissed his cheek. I let go of his hand and we went in opposite directions in the store.

We met up about twenty minutes later, each of us with our hands full of clothes. I was terrified for what Garrett would pick.

I tried on everything I had in my dressing room. Garrett liked quite a few of the outfits but he liked the slutty ones and I wasn’t very comfortable with that.

The pile of clothes was dwindling and I was getting disappointed. I lifted up the next item and walked out of the dressing room.

“Seriously, Garrett?” I help up the back lace bra and panties he had managed to slip in the clothes he picked out.

“Oh my god, you’re not even going to try them on? Come on, Madds! Give me a break!” He threw his hands in the air.

I rolled my eyes, “Fat chance you see me in these,”

“Is that something you would say to your boyfriend?” He asked and I suddenly noticed other people watching and listening to our exchange.

I smiled and walked closer to him, still wearing the last dress I had tried on. “How about I buy them and you can just imagine me in them?” I said to him, our faces just a few inches apart.

“I already am,” he smirked and I smacked his shoulder before rolling my eyes and walking back into the fitting room.

I tried on the last dress in the pile. It was a jumper, white top and black bottoms. The top was ruffled around the chest area and the back cut low. The shorts were semi-short and hugged my hips perfectly.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, knowing this was the one. I walked out to Garrett, who was texting and paying no attention at all.

I stayed staring at him; I crossed my arms and waited for him to look down. The 20-something man next to him cleared his throat, signaling Garrett to look up.

When he lifted his head his eyes got wide. “That’s the one,” He stood up and walked towards me.

I turned in a circle and let him survey the dress; he looked me up and down with a smile on his face and nodded his head.

“Do I look okay?” I asked, I always felt kind of funny dressing up, but this was a special occasion and I had someone to impress.

“You look amazing,” He took a deep breath and turned away. “Kennedy is going to be all over you,” he laughed.

I turned around and smiled to myself. I walked back into the fitting room and changed into my outfit from earlier. I exited and Garrett grabbed the dress, the undergarments, and some jewelry and went to the cashier.

The total came out to over ninety dollars. “Garrett let me pay for something, this is too much.” I felt guilty; he was already throwing me a party.

“No, Maddie, really. You’re one of my closest friends and you deserve every bit of this.” He paid the woman and I stayed quiet, knowing there was no way I was getting out of this.

We shopped some more and bought shoes and more jewelry, just to finish off the outfit.

By the end of the day Garrett had spent just a little less than two hundred dollars on me, and I begged him to let me buy him some lemonade from Hot Dog on a Stick, he graciously agreed and we sat down in the food court.

“You’re the best, Garrett.” I told him.

“I am pretty great, huh?” he smiled and I mocked his grin.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while before he finally spoke up, “So you and Kennedy, huh?”

“Yep, me and Kennedy.” I let the words trickle slowly out of my mouth, liking the way they sounded.

“How’d you choose?” he asked.

“Well,” I started, “I followed what you said and I think I just liked the idea of John, he is the perfect guy and he and I get along so well. We’re a match made in heaven.”

“But…?” he assumed.

“But, Kennedy… I mean, it’s Kennedy. I get butterflies each time I see him, even after all these years. He cares about me and loves me. I know John does too, but…it’s different with Kennedy. I…I don’t know how to explain it.” I smiled meekly and blushed. I sounded so stupid.

Garrett sighed and I looked at him, “What?” I asked.

“I can’t lie, Maddie, I wanted you to pick John. But it’s your choice and I support you.” He said, it stung he thought I made the wrong decision but the twinge of doubt I felt in my stomach was all I could focus on.

“However,” he continued, noticing my silence, “The way you just talked about Kennedy, you sound like a love-struck teenager and I think you were right to pick the one you loved more.”

“Well, thanks for you approval, Gare.” I looked away.

He touched my hand. “You don’t need to be mad.”

I sighed and looked at him now. “Like I could stay mad at you,” I rolled my eyes. “I wasn’t kidding about the approval thing, anyways.” I said honestly, Garrett had helped me through all of this and even if he didn’t exactly agree with my decision, at least he supported me.

“Hey, Garrett?” I said. I knew what I had to say but I was embarrassed.

“Yeah?” He replied, he was shaking his lemonade trying to pull the lemons to the top like an eight year old does.

“I… I think Kennedy and I are going to…um…tonight we’re…” I couldn’t say it but Garrett picked up the message.

He threw his drink down and his eyes bugged out of his head. “Oh my,” he gasped.

“Yeah…” I didn’t know why I told Garrett, I didn’t need advice or anything, but I was still scared.

“Wow, um. Okay, good luck.” He didn’t know what to say. He was so shocked and this really wasn’t like Garrett to be speechless, I figured he’d hi-five me or something.

“Why are you acting weird?” I asked.

“You’re going to let Kennedy take your virginity?” he asked, I glanced around us hoping no one had heard him.

I leaned in and talked quieter, “I love him.”

“He loves you too right?”

“Yes, he loves me too.” I said defensively.

He sighed and rubbed his temples, he looked like he was really worried and that made me even more scared. “Do you even know everything about him?”

I scrunched my face in confusion, “Yeah, I’m pretty sure I do.”

“Well, just make sure you do before you do anything.” He said.

“What do you mean? Like...previous, um...partners?” This was so awkward.

He folded his hands together on the table. “Yeah, something like that.”

The worry left my stomach, so that’s why he was freaking out. He was just looking out for me, like he always did.

“I wish you wouldn’t have told me,” he said, I could see a sweat breaking out on his forehead.

I was silent, waiting for him to explain.

“How do I keep this from John?” he asked.

“Oh god, Garrett you can NOT tell John.” I put my hands on his, making sure I had his attention. “No way.”

“If he asks?”

“You say you have no idea,” I told him. If this birthday wasn’t bad enough, John finding out I may sleep with Kennedy would just be the icing on the metaphorical cake.

“I’ll avoid him, only for you,” He said.

“Thank you,” I smiled. “I owe you one.”

“Yeah you do, like a picture of that underwear.”

I rolled my eyes and slapped his hands. “It’s time to go.”

Garrett drove me to our next destination with a blind fold on. All I knew was that it was with Pat and he’s always fun.

Garrett helped me out of the car, said goodbye, and Pat took the blind fold off. I looked before me and saw the carnival that was in town.

“YES!” I screamed and hugged Pat. Pat and I always shared a love of rides and games, and this was the absolute perfect place for my birthday.

I liked being with Pat, because it was stress-free. We just talked about meaningless stuff and had fun. He didn’t butt in my life or even ask. He was a good friend.

After Pat stuffed me with cotton candy we got in his car, once again using a blindfold. Jared helped me out of the car and I saw we were at SkyMania. The place was just a giant trampoline.

“This is the best birthday ever!” I squealed.

“I figured you’d like this,” Jared smiled.

“Like it? I love it!” We walked inside got the special shoes you’re required to wear and jumped around. There was a huge dodge ball game going on and after there was a back flip contest. I won.

After we were tired enough I convinced Jared to take me home and let me freshen up before I headed to Kennedy’s.

We got to my empty house and Jared went straight to the kitchen. “I’ll make a snack!” he said.

I walked to my room and plugged in my curling iron. I touched up my hair that was falling out by now. I redid my makeup, highlighting my blue eyes with different colors that would match my party dress as well as the one I was currently wearing.

I noticed Garrett had dropped off the shopping bags at my house. I looked inside and found the panties he had bought. I studied the thin black lace material, and decided I would put them on.

I walked back downstairs to find Jared just finishing with the snack.

“I looove cheese & crackers,” I took one from the plate.

“I know you do,” he ate one too. “So whose date was the best today?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t been on all the dates yet.” I smiled.

“Man, you’re going to pick Kennedy’s as the best,” he pretended to pout.

I smiled to myself. His would be the best.

Jared and I left for Kennedy’s house and when we got there my stomach was filled with butterflies.

I stepped out of the car, grabbed my bag with my outfit for the party, thanked Jared for a wonderful date and made the walk to Kennedy’s front door.

This was it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am oh so happy to be home I decided to update right away.
This chapter was a bit of a filler, because the next chapter is probably the most important and intense one of the story!
I'll update it quick if I get some comments and subsribers! (:
Thanks for reading!