Status: FIN (:

Love Me Patiently, Love Me Honestly

Chapter Nine

“I hate my life.” I said simply as I closed my calculus book.

“Maddie, come on, we just started.” Jared said, opening my book again. Kennedy had family stuff to do and I have a quiz in Calculus tomorrow, so Jared opted to help me out. It wasn’t going any better then it did with Kennedy.

“Am I an idiot? Just tell me honestly, Jared. You won’t lie to me.” I asked.

“You’re not an idiot! You just need to breathe and try again.” he said.

I took deep breaths and closed my eyes. After 3 I opened my eyes and sighed. “I had a bad day today.” I told him.

“Why?”

“Well, first, my ankle hurts like crazy, I hate these crutches. Then I couldn’t even concentrate on the lesson in Calculus because Courtney was talking to Kennedy the whole time. Then John goes out to lunch with the bimbo and ditches me!” I sighed again.

“John went out with Courtney!? Nooo!” he cried.

“So…does no one like her or…?” I asked, remembering all of the other guys’ previous reactions.

“We hate her. She is such a nag, she’s rude, she whines, all she cares about is sex and having a nice tan. She’s such…a girl! She’s the complete opposite of you Maddie and we hate her.” Jared said. The way he pounded his fist on the table made it seem like he was giving an important speech and it made me laugh.

“Then why did John date her?” I asked.

“I don’t’ even know, I guess he found something in her, or he was just trying to make another girl jealous.” he smiled.

“Hm. Interesting.” I said just as Jared’s phone rang. He went in the other room and answered it.

“Madds I gotta go. I’m so sorry. Good luck on your quiz tomorrow!” he said as he walked back in.

“No! Jared don’t leave me in my time of need!” I cried, grabbing his hand.

“I’m sorry! I have some…stuff to do.” he said awkwardly. “Bye!” he said and ran out of my house. I signed and buried my face in my hands.

A few minutes later Garrett walked into my house.

“Hey Maddie.” he said, looking in the cupboard for food.

“Garrett! Can you help me with my Calculus?” I asked.

“No, I’m not event taking that class, I’m still in algebra 2. But you know who you should ask? John!” he smiled.

“I would, if he wasn’t with Courtney.” I mumbled.

“Ooh, what’s that? Jealousy I hear?” he said, sitting down across from me.

“Absolutely not.” I defended. “I just don’t like her and John together.” I shrugged and didn’t look at him.

“Yeah, okay. Oh! We never talked about John almost kissing you. Spill!” he said.

“Oh Yeahh, I forgot you walked in. That was completely awkward huh?”

“You’re avoiding the subject. What was happening there?” he pushed.

“Ah I don’t even know. I was caught off guard.” I told him.

“Did you want it though?” he asked.

“I don’t know! Up until that moment I’d always thought of John as my brother. You don’t kiss your brother!”

“So you said up until that moment. What about now? How do you think of him?”

“Garrett, I don’t know! Why are you reading so much into this anyways?” I asked.

“Because I don’t think that you think of John as your brother. I don’t think you ever did. It was just more simple to describe your friendship that way. And I know he didn’t think of you as his little sister. I mean come on Maddie, don’t be oblivious.” he said.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. John is like my older brother because he was best friends with Carly! He’s the one who came up with the whole ‘You’re my baby sister thing!’ I just went with it.” I told him.

“Okay, fine. But I think that whole sisterly feeling he claimed he had towards you had been thrown out the window.”

I paused, thinking about his words. Was he saying John cared about me as more than a sister or friend? He was right, I never really thought of John as an older brother. And him calling me his ‘baby’ was just kind of an inside thing we had. But that still doesn’t change the fact we were friends. And friends don’t try to kiss other friends no reason.

“I think so too.” I replied to Garrett’s previous comment. “And…I think I might be a little jealous. Just a bit though. She’s just so…ugh!” I said.

“Awe, Maddie. How cute!” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“So wait, be honest, are you saying John likes me?” I asked.

“I’m saying John probably likes you just as much as you like him or not at all, depending if you like him or not.” he smiled. I tried to replay what he said in my head but it came out as just babble. He really doesn’t make sense when he talks.

“I have to go.” He said and began walking out.

“Garrett, this stays between me and you. Got it?” I said sternly.

“Oh yeah. Sure, sure. I won’t tell anyone.” he said, smiling. He gave me a thumbs up.

“Or else I’ll tell everyone about what you did to the duck at 5th grade science camp.” I added.

His cocky smile soon faded to horror as he nodded his head. I knew I wouldn’t have to worry about him telling anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, someone please comment ! :(