One Fumbled Touch

seventeen ;

“Get the fuck out of here!” Faith screams.

William stands in the hallway, a puzzled look on his face. “I thought he was your friend…?”

“No! He is not my friend,” Faith hisses. “That’s Connor.”

“Fuck,” William mutters. “I didn’t know, I --”

“Faith, please,” Connor starts. “I just want to talk to you. I’m not going to hurt you again.”

“Why would I trust you after everything you did to me? You ruined my life, Connor, and I’m never going to forget it.”

“I know I did. Can you please just listen to me?”

“Just shut up and get out --”

“Faith, I think you should just hear him out,” William says, putting his arm around her.

“But--”

“I’m right here,” William whispers. “I won’t let him hurt you.”

Faith takes a deep breath and says, “Okay. Just make it quick.”

“I just wanted to say that I’m sorry. For everything. I just wanted you to stay, and I was enough of an idiot to think threatening you was the only way to keep you forever. But it wasn’t. It just made you hate me, obviously, and you have every right to. I don’t expect you to forgive me, or even talk to me again, but I wanted to tell you that. I’m sorry.”

A tear trickles down Faith’s cheek. “Thank you.”

Connor smiles. “I’m gonna leave then, I didn’t mean to, um, interrupt anything.”

William fights back a smirk as Connor waves and exits the room. When the click of the closing door is heard, William turns to Faith. “That wasn’t so bad, was it?”

She sighs. “I guess not.”

William takes her face in his hands, his thumbs wiping the tears off her cheeks. “I’m proud of you.” She smiles. “That’s my girl.”

Faith leans up to kiss him, but not being tall enough, can only reach his collarbone. William laughs, pulling her onto the couch to really kiss her.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this is really finished. Sorry I didn't warn you guys before but oh well.
I'm going to post a oneshot as a sequel. So click the link in the corner! (: