Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Gag/Tension

Shaant wasn’t there when I woke up in the morning, which I felt indifferent about. We usually ended arguing if he stayed, but on the other hand, it felt strange to wake up alone after nights like those. But it was for the best; Charli and the guys still had absolutely no idea what we were doing, and I preferred to keep it that way.

Charli still thought Seth was the one leaving all those marks on my neck, for God’s sake!

I took a quick shower and headed for the kitchen, where Charli and Jeff were making French Toast.

I sat at the kitchen table, resting my face sideways on the table.

“Are you hungry?” Charli asked.

“I need a job,” I grumbled.

“That wasn’t the question!” Jeff exclaimed cheerfully from the stove. I scowled.

Stupid happy Jeff. Being all…happy and whatnot,I thought bitterly. Bastard.

“Jeff, you can take that French Toast and-”

“Guess what we’re doing today?” Charli interrupted, before I could finish my extremely rude remark.

“What?” I mumbled irritably.

“We’re going to go bowling!” Jeff finished, placing a plate in front of me.

“Joy,” I muttered sarcastically, stabbing at my French Toast as if it had personally offended me in some way. Charli jumped up to join him at the stove as he continued to cook. He whispered something to her and she giggled. I almost gagged up my breakfast.

They had been a disgustingly cute couple ever since Jeff had taken up permanent residence in Charli’s bed.

I almost gagged again at the thought.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“Yes!” Charli shouted, high-fiving Jeff and Shaant. Shaant had just bowled a strike.

“You’re up,” Dave said, poking me. It was me, Dave, and Tom vs. Shaant, Charli and Tom.

I stood up, ignoring the stares Shaant was giving me.

It felt like he was watching me a lot these days. What a creep. He was probably picturing me naked or eye-raping me or something like that. Isn’t that what guys tend to do?

I shook it off and then bowled a gutterball, to Tom and Dave’s groans. Jeff stifled some giggles, so I flipped him my favorite finger.

“You’re holding it wrong,” I heard in my ear as I picked up the ball for my second turn. I turned to see Shaant right behind me, appearing as if trying to help me. I turned back to the lane, ignoring him.

I hit one pin.

Shaant gave me an amused ‘I told you so’ look as I took my seat again. I ignored it.

What a jerk.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“What is up with you and Shaant lately?” Charli demanded of me, once we got in the car to head home. She twisted around in the passenger seat to stare at me.

“What do you mean?” I asked innocently.

“All the sexual tension,” Jeff snickered, turning the keys in the ignition. I rolled my eyes.

“Shut up,” Charli said in annoyance, hitting his arm. “Are you guys mad at each other?”

“What does it matter?” I asked impatiently. “He’s been getting on my nerves lately, that’s all,” I half-lied. It was sort of true… She continued to stare, not believing me.

“What?” I glared. She sighed, rolling her eyes before turning back to face the front.

“So no sexual tension?” Jeff questioned.

I rolled my eyes again.

“Fuck you, Jeffy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments, I got another star. : )