Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Pathetic/Déjà Vu

Their apartment was already packed when I got there.

My eyes automatically scanned the room, looking for one person and one person only.

Where was she?

I wandered to the kitchen, where I found Jeff mixing drinks.

“Hey!” he exclaimed, seeing me and shoving a plastic cup into my hands.

“What’s up?” I replied, taking a few sips. I stayed there with him for a minute or so before bringing up the topic. “So, where are Charli and Ri? I haven’t said hi yet,” I explained casually.

“Um, I saw Riley about five minutes before you came,” he shrugged. I nodded, leaving the room and heading back to the living room.

I spotted her this time; wandering around, not doing anything in particular. She was wearing a simple top and black skinny jeans, and her hair hung loose around her shoulders.

I swallowed my nerves and began to walk over to her. It didn’t help. My palms started to sweat, and my heart pounded erratically with each step that brought me closer.

This was pathetic. Why was I so nervous? I had a way with words and girls, why should this be different?

“Hey stranger,” I whispered from behind her, into her ear, in what I hoped was a smooth fashion.

“Hey, how’ve you been?” she asked, after jumping in surprise at my greeting.

“I’m alright,” I shrugged lamely. I swallowed again. “Dance with me?” I managed to get out.

“Sure,” she said. I took her hand, leading her to the center of the crowded living room before pulling her close to me by the waist. She moved her hips against mine to the rhythm of the music.

I ran my hands up and down her torso, and she didn’t seem to mind. After a few more songs, she suggested we get drinks, and I complied.

Before I knew it, we were in her bedroom, door locked.

Déjà Vu.

I attached my lips to hers, trapping her body in between mine and the door. I slid my tongue inside her mouth and moved my hips against hers as she began to moan.

Her skin was soft velvet at my fingertips as my hands wandered up her shirt. S

She unbuckled my belt, an indication as if I didn’t already know where this was leading to.

We broke apart for some air, and I stripped down to my boxers as she sat on her bed and kicked off her jeans. I impatiently helped rid her of her clothes and threw my boxers to the pile on the floor, and lucky me, I happened to have a condom on me tonight.

I moved my lips to her neck as I finally thrust myself inside her, trying to find a rhythm.

“Shaant…” she murmured, urging me on. “Shaant!” I crashed my lips against hers as she continued to moan.

I smiled against her lips.

If only she knew the way she made me feel by just saying my name.