Sequel: Harder Than You Know
Status: Finished

Lipstick Has a Way of Leaving More Than Just a Mark on My Sheets

One Song, About A Girl

Michaela and Jack were out "on a date." They were probably just at some movie or something, not exactly sure. I was hanging out with Mason and Trace, watching television in their room and eating a tub of moose tracks ice cream. We were watching FNMTV, and Katy Perry was performing I Kissed A Girl. I sang along outloud, making the guys laugh.

Blake walked in and sat down beside me on the empty seat next to me, and made an attempt to steal some of my ice cream. I growled at him, scaring him off. We sat in a comfortable silence, only talking to comment on one of the singer's performance's. My phone vibrated in my pocket, letting me know I had a text message.

'where are you?' It was Alex.
I'm in Mason's hotel room watching tv, why? I replied, laying my phone on my stomach.
"Not to be nosey, but who are you texting, Addison?" Mason asked, his head towards me.
I came up with a lie I told my old boyfriend once, "Kayleigh, my old friend from school." He nodded his head and turned his attention back towards the TV.
'I want to see you' I inwardly groaned, not in the mood for doing anything. PMS, most likely.
'fine. but i'm not in the mood for anything, so your not getting any.'
'that's fine with me. that's not the only thing i want from you.' I got up, excusing myself from the room. I went upstairs to mine and Michaela's room, putting on sweats and a old Metallica t-shirt. A knock came to the door, and Alex opened it slowly. He saw me sitting on the bed, and came in all the way and shut, and locking, the door.
"Hey, you got in here fast." I said, crossing my legs. He nodded his head, and sitting on the floor in front of the bed. We started talking, from everything between the band to Twilight. Michaela came in a few hours later, giving us a questioning look.

"I'm going to go, I know Jack's wanting to talk about yall's date." He laughed, and kissed me on the lips lightly. Michaela giggled from across the room, and Alex left.
"So tell me all about it!" I gushed, sitting up on my knees.
"We just went to a movie, which was extremely stupid. Then I wanted Arby's, so he took me there. It was really fun." She smiled dreamly, recalling the events.
"Did you two use protection?" I asked with 'my serious' face, trying not to break a smile. She chunked a pillow, hitting me in the face.

Michaela was in the shower, and I finally had quiet time to think. I was remembering everything grandpa had talked to me about in my dream, when something was replayed in my head..

"You're so infamous for leaving me a mess..."

I repeated it in my head, and grabbed my notebook from my bag. Since it was quiet, I could write my lyrics peacefully. I jotted down the phrase, piecing it together with some of what I already had. It went like this...

Take off your makeup and put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures, the pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

I've got no place in my heart for a criminal like you to dwell,
in this endeavor, make this last forever...
I'm just delirious,
You can't be serious,
You're so infamous for leaving me a mess...


The shower water shut off, making me shove my notebook into my bag and pulled my laptop out. I signed onto facebook, changing my status and checking my notifications. I signed off, bored with it, and changed the url to youtube. I watched the All-American Rejects new video, Gives You Hell, and favorited it. It was pretty hilarious. Michaela stepped out, fully clothed, thinkfully, and put on her makeup. Soon after, we left the hotel room with our bags, heading towards the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
i haven't had a great day, really.
some comments would be nice, seriously.

titled credit to the academy is...<3
[i had mayday parade because i was listening to them! oops.]