A Simple Love Story. Not!

The Meeting

There I was, just sitting upstairs in my room staring that the blinking type key on my lap top, trying to come up with some sort of idea to write about for my english paper that was due in 2 days when I heard the front door slam into the wall followed by my sister yelling up the stairs.

"Steph! Steph! Where are you?!?! Oh My Gosh! I have to tell you something!"

"I'm up here." I bellowed out while closing my lap top and making my way to my bedroom door and right as I opened it up, there was my 16 year old sister panting like a dog.

I shook my head and chuckled lightly under my breath from how she bolted up the stairs to tell me something when I wasn't really going to go anywhere.

She held up a finger to me to indicate to wait a minute before she continued on with her news.

I looked back at my clock to check the time and then back at her to take in her apperance and concluded that she must've been over at her friend Duckie's house since was in her pajamas and there is no where except Duckie's house that my sister would go to in her pajamas. Duckie wasn't her real name though. It was Stephanie as well, but one time she borrowed my shoes to go outside for a second and she looked like a duck. Ever since then, she's been Duckie.

Her light strawberry blonde hair that went down to her mid back was up in a high pony tail, having it hitting her shoulders while she pulled her bangs back to have them poof up a little bit. Her cheeks and nose were sprinkled in freckles, but my mom calls them 'Angel Kisses' while a red hue was hidden underneath them from her sprint up the stairs.

"So what's up?" I asked her as I saw her closed eyes snap open and her breathing become even again while leaning on my door frame and staring at her with curious eyes.

"The Jonas Brothers are coming here to Wisconsin to play at the Rave and we are defiantly going!!!"

Ally and I have gone to one other concert of theirs together at 6 flags during the summer and as much as I hated to admit it, I had a lot of fun. I mean...don't get me wrong, they are really great. Actually, they are amazing. But my sister and I aren't really anything alike.

She's more of the serious one...the one who very rarely cracks a joke while I'm all about the fun. She's shy. I'm loud. She's artistically talanted while I'm athletically talented. She's got a small group of close friends that she's had since kindergarten, my whole high school was my best friend. She's Day. I'm Night. And we don't normally tend to listen to the same music either. But those Jonas Boys...well...they were common ground for us.

Except minus Nick. He was 'her's'.

"Alright. Sounds great. Just let me know how much the tickets are and when I have to go get them." I stated and then shut my door to get back to my homework.

Now...I do like the Jonas Brothers. Really...they're great. But I'm not the overly obsessed fan. I like them the same as I like my Paramore. And Panic at the Disco. I don't freak out when my bands are going to be in town. Sure...I'm excited...but I'm not crazy.

I laughed slightly when I heard her let out a scoff from how un-excited I was compared to how Duckie might have reacted by the news but shrugged it off as I opened my lap top again and tried to think of a way to start my paper.

It had to be good. It was my final and needless to say...I was a horrible writer. It would take me the whole two days to write this paper and get a C. If I was lucky.

-----

"Should I look up some new colleges...or should I not look up new colleges. That is the question." I mumbled to myself as my lap top loaded up.

I hated the college I went to now. And my sister and I made a pact that when she graduated, we'd go to the same school 'No Matter What.' And so far...she'd been getting on my case to check out some new schools that I might want to transfer too.

As I searched around online aimlessly, not having any idea of what school I would possibly want to transfer to, I let out a frustrated sigh and leaned my back against my wall while taking in a big sigh.

Ok Steph...what do you want in a college? There's gotta be a lot of activities. A beach near by would be nice for when I want to get away for a while. Florida maybe? No....Ally won't want to go that far away from home. Hmm....East Coast states...let's see....New York....Maine...New Jersey....those are all kinda close but far enough away at the same time.

Typing in a few East Coast states and looking at some of the colleges online, I quickly narrowed it down to New Jersey and Deleware.

Trying to find a little bit more stuff to show Ally, I clicked on a few links and opened up AIM to join some chat rooms and possibly talk to some students who go to the colleges.

There was no one in a few of them and I quickly checked the time on the computer to see that it was turning 2 o'clock. Meaning people were in classes or just out doing something.

None the less, I kept trying to find differnet chat rooms to talk to anyonce about colleges and low and behold, right before I was about to give up...I entered one and there I read a screen name XxXAJfromNJXxX.

I smiled lighlty to myself, feeling a little bit more accomplished with finally finding someone to talk to and just by chance being from New Jersey.

Sccrg815: Hey what's up?

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Not much, you?

Sccrg815: Not much, so you live in New Jersey?

Duh of course he does...ugh, I'm so dumb!

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Ummm. Yeah, that's kinda what my screen name says.

I rolled my eyes from my stupidty and the fact that he just practically called me stupid.

Sccrg815: Yeah, sorry. I've never been in a chat room before. lol

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Thats ok...so why did you want to talk to me?

Sccrg815: Well, Im planning on transferring to a coastline school within the next 2 years and I just wanted to know if you liked your school or not and what it has to offer, that's all.

XxXAJfromNJXxX: You know...there is a website that you could check out that would give you all the info.

Sccrg815: I know, but I wanted to hear what it really is like from someone who actually goes there.

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Oh! That's pretty smart! Where are you from and why do you want to transfer in 2 years, why not next semester?

Sccrg815: I'm from WI and I want to transfer in 2 years cuz thats when my sister graduates from high school. We both want to go to an out of state college and live together.

Oh my gosh! This could be some pervert or something! Now he knows where I live and that I have sister. Good going Steph!

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Awww...isn't the precious! I'm just kidding, but thats cool that you and your sister are that close. How old is she?

My smarts finally coming to me and getting a semi weird feeling about talking this guy, I decided to get a little defensive about it. All I wanted to know was how he liked his school. Not talk to him about my sister.

Sccrg815: Old enough...why do you want to know?

Yep. Definantly a pervert!

XxXAJfromNJXxX: I just do. I have a younger brother and I just wanted to know. Geez, you don't have to freak out. I'm not a pervert or anything. I don't even know your name or how old you are so dont get freaked out. By the way, what is your name and how old are you?

Sccrg815: Like I would tell you. Every pervert says that they aren't. How can I trust you?

XxXAJfromNJXxX: You can't, but I can tell you my name and how old I am and hopefully you'll believe me.

I sat there, staring at the screen with a scowl on my face, only because this mystery stranger was right. I had no way to know if he was lying or not. But I sighed and decided to play his little. After all, I did want to know about this school.

Sccrg815: Fine.

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Fine! My name is AJ and Im 18. Trust me now?

I scoffed slightly before I started typing up a response while a smirk was on my face.

Sccrg815: No, you could just be giving me a fake name and age and how would I know?!

XxXAJfromNJXxX: You don't, but if you were smart you could give me a fake name and age and how would I know the difference?

Damn. He's right. If he really is a he. Regardless...their right. Fine....

Sccrg815: True...my name is Katie and I'm 18 as well.

XxXAJfromNJXxX: See...was it that hard to tell me your name and age, even though its probably fake. lol

I couldn't help but laugh slightly from that because the name was fake...the age was real. And for some reason I want to mess around like this person was. They seemed to not think anything of this little talk so I might as well right.

I'm not my sister...I'm the carefree one...she's the serious one.

Sccrg815: Yeah, it was pretty easy and yes the name is fake but the age is not. Or is it the other way around?! You will never know...muah ha ha.

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Wow...you're weird, but I like it. Well for your information, both of mine are real so whenever you feel compelled to tell me your real name go ahead.

Sccrg815: Ok, thanks. But anyways, back to what I wanted to actually talk about. How do you like campus there?

XxXAJfromNJXxX: It's great. I love it. I'm in a frat house so we always have fun and are having parties and stuff. But nothing to bad, well that's the least I can say for myself, I don't drink or smoke. I hate it. It's gross.

Sccrg815: Yeah, I hate the smell of smoke and I don't drink either. Is there sororities there?

XxXAJfromNJXxX: Yeah, a lot. But I have to go and do some homework, if you have any other questions...don't ask me cuz I won't be online, but I'm normally signed on and not by my computer but you can still leave me something if you want. Bye Katie(if that's your real name, lol) nice talking to you.

I giggled slightly before typing him back from his little comment about my fake name.

Sccrg815: Thanks, for the info. Ok, I'll leave you something if my sister finds your campus interesting enough. Lol and for the time being, yes, Katie is my real name. lol Bye!

I signed off quickly, smile still plastered to my face that I didn't even notice was there to begin with.

I clicked on a few more links to get some more information about the New Jersey school and added it to my favorites so I could show my sister a little something when she got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes...I know...it sucks and it's really slow...but what can ya do right? But I can promise you it gets better. Everyone on quizilla really seemed to like it so hopefully you all will to! : )