A Simple Love Story. Not!

The Concert!

It was finally Friday!

The day of the concert.

And let me tell you, I could not be more excited in my life.

Yeah...I know, I always said that I wasn't one of those freak out fans and everything, but for the last 2 weeks I had been around 2 love struck crazy fans.

You just tend to be a little bit like them. Which is crazy.

And the fact that I'll be meeting AJ made me even more excited.

Or maybe nervous.?

Either way...I have been anxoius for the last 2 weeks for this day to come and now that it was here, I really didn't want to be disappointed.

And I really didn't want AJ to be disappointed either.

I didn't know what he viewed me as in his head and the last thing that I wanted to do was disappoint him.

I mean...I don't consider myself ugly, but I'm not drop dead gorgeus like Jessica Alba or anything.

I stand at a solid 5'7 and half inches, my dirty blonde hair came a little bit past my shoulders. I had very few freckles, so faint that you could only really see them whenever I wasn't wearing make up becuase it would just cover them up instantly. I had an soccer players built, so I was skinny, but slighlty muscular. And everyone always tells me I have a great smile.

But personally, Duckie's older sister, Liz, she had the award winning smile. When she smiled, her whole face smiled.

"So...what does AJ look like?" Ally cut me off from my thoughts as we stood outside in the snow.

"I uh - I don't know." I stated while looking away from her and Duckie sheepishly.

"What? You've been talking to the kid for almost a month and a half and you never sent pictures to each other?" Duckie asked out in shock.

"Well you know me. I hate pictures of myself. How am I supposed to send one to a guy that I like when I don't even like the picture?" I shot back in my defense.

My sister scoffed and turned around to face the direction of the line, showing how upset she was with me.

Come on...I never really thought that I would actually meet the kid. I mean, sure, my sister decided on the school in Jersey, but still. That would be another 2 years till I ever was to meet him and I really didn't think that we could keep whatever we had going for that long having lived so far away.

We were just....having fun. And we'd already had that conversation, slighlty, of what we were and we came to the conclusion that we're just 2 semi-single people, having fun. Yes, we liked each other, but it was way too far and having never met each other made it ten times more difficult to even think about actually saying we were a couple.

And so sure...maybe he asked for a picture when that conversatin came up, but I blew right past it to tell him my story of watching this one guy waiting at a bus stop just bust out in random dance moves.

"Hey, did you want to meet outside or something?"

I swear, this boy can like read minds or something. It's like he knows he's being talked about.

"I don't know. Did you want to meet before or after the concert?"

To be honest, I would rather meet him before the concert but considering he was flying all he way from Jersey to 'visit family' I figured I'd let him choose. Plus, then I would still be looking cute instead of gross and sweaty. Not that I'm trying to impress him or anything.

Yeah...I asked him why he would be coming to one of their shows all the way in WI, when they had one in NJ about a week ago. But Mr. Smooth talker said that he had family here and was coming to spend some quality time with them over Christmas Break.

"Ummm...how about afterwards? I don't want you to be waiting for me and not get a good spot if my family is being slow for some reason. lol"

"Aww. He is so sweet.

"Ok, I'm wearing a black shirt, with gold letters on the back that says Team JB #3."

"Well, what about the front?"

What?

"Why would you see the front? You'll probably be behind me."

"Well, humor me then. Just in case when you're standing around outside after the concert and I won't have to walk around every girl to look at their back."

"Lol. Good point. It has a silhouette of Nick in the center with Joe and Kevin on the sides screaming at him. It's in gold as well."

"That's pretty neat. Anything else that I should know so its easier to pick you out of the crowd?"

I stood there, biting my lip, trying to think of anything else I could tell him about my appearance at the moment.

m going to be wearing a hat thats black and white with pig tails."

Aww...you're going to look so adorable, especially when you meet them right? Lol."

"No, my sister and I couldn't get meet and greet passes. But oh well, I'm just glad that we get to see them in concert again! It's going to be awesome!"

"Well, I'll see you soon then. I'm on my way to the concert right now. See you soon!!!"

Right as I was sending him a good bye text message, the butterflies in my stomach
erupted and my throat started to get somewhat dry from my nerves.

As we stood in line for a few more minutes, a loud booming voice made itself known, making some of the girls around you jump.

"Everyone, can I please have your attention? We're going to start calling in numbers by hundreds to help keep you guys warm. We're putting you all down in the basement and then at 5:30, we're going to make our way up to the Eagles Ballroom. Thank You!" the voice said and then disappered.

All three us girls looked down at our tickets and read our numbers.

#'s 454, 455 and 456.

At least we're not #1058 or something.

"300-400! And No Pushing, or you will get sent to the very end of the line!!!" A security guard shouted.

As we slowly neared the doorway from the hundreds of girls going in in front of us, my toes started to warm up a little bit from them being frozen for the last hour from standing oustide.

About 5 minutes later, the same voice yelled "400-500! No Pushing, or you will get sent to the end of the line!!!"

I felt my body get filled with warmth from hearing those numbers being called and the fact that I was being pulled along by my arm through the throng of waiting girls to make it to the door.

As soon as we walked through the doors, my body felt so extremely warm from them having the heat blasted, or maybe because I was so cold that it felt so warm, but either way, I was thawing out.

Unfortunatly, it was practically pitch black in the room that all three of us walked into but sooner or later we saw a small faint glow of light followed by a guys voice ushering us over.

"Just keep coming straight!" he bellowed as we finished winding down the long ramp.

"This way to coat check and the rest of the line." he said to us once we were close enough.

"Thank you." we all mumbled out through our slowly warming lips.

As we walked to coat check and made our way to the waiting room, we stopped in the doorway from seeing the dimly lighted room with hundreds of girls in a snaky line that weaveed in and out of the pillars.

"Well, at least we aren't outside anymore." Ally said in a somewhat skeptical voice to try and point out the plus side as we got in line.

After a while of standing there and realizing that the line wasn't going to move for quite a while since it was barly turning 5 and the concert didn't start until 7, we call took a seat on the ground and started playing a game where one person annouces random things while the other's say the first thing that pops into their mind.

Crazily enough, after about 10 minutes we had a few other girls joining us in our game after they complimented our shirts.

We smiled and said thanks while getting back to the relaxing game considering in less than 2 hours we would be rocking out the Jonas Brothers.