‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Crush

Chapter 11

Crush

A week later

A few hours from New York, Jo spent as little time as possible with the band, but the guys keep switching places to ride with Jo, so they can talk about the book. She doesn’t at any point tell them she is the writer. They have a couple of concerts on the way.

Sam and Brian get closer they spend a lot of time together, no pressure. Brian shows Sam how to do one of his solo’s she’s enjoying the traveling.

“Hey, Brian,” Sam asks as she tries for the 12th time the solo in Bat Country.

“Yes, Sam?” He turns to her with a smile as he plays a long with her slower then the actual part.

“Can I interview you, I mean not interview but can I do an article about you?” She asked shyly, after sending the article about Jo, her editor said she could do anything she wanted. When she told them she was traveling with Avenged Sevenfold the editor it might be nice to focus on one band member at a time.

“Sure, as long as you don’t tell them how good I am in bed,” he said his eyes laughing.

“I don’t even know that,” she said trying to concentrate on her fingering.

“Would you like to?” He winked when she looked up, the sexual tension was present yet neither of them wanted to ruin what they had, not that it would be ruined it was just a nice feeling to have no pressure.

“So, you’re saying that she’s not talking about us in the book, but what we represent.” Zacky chewed on some pretzel.

“Yes,” Jo saw a van cut her off. She flipped them off.

“But, why would she mention us? I mean she could of used different metaphors,” Zacky was really into the book, in fact the whole band was Matt had started to read it, but with everything he had going on as band leader he had little time, or never talked about it.

“Yeah, but she used you guys,” Jo flipped the song.

“How do you know so much? You never did tell us,” Zacky switched the song back.

“Hey, Drive chooses, shotgun shuts his pie hole.” Jo laughed when Zacky looked at her wounded, it was an inside joke, everyone wanted to choose the music, the funniest part of the whole trip was when all three of them piled into the car.

“Hey he’s stepping one me,” or “Dude, fold up your legs you’re taking up my leg room.” The car was pretty big but there wasn’t enough room for all that testosterone so now they took turns, all wanting to talk about the book. It was like that 24/7, it felt weird for Jo not to stand up and say something in the name of the writer. She was an objective third party.

“Yo, where did you go?” Zacky snapped her back to present time. She checked the rear view mirror.

“No where.” Jo smiled letting her hand glide out the window.

“So how do you know so much about the book?” Zacky asked.

“I wrote it,” Jo said smiling and watching the clouds.

“Wait, what?” Zacky asked. “Pull over,” he yelled.

Jo pulled over slowly, her phone rang. “Hello?” She said. Zacky got out of the car.

“Are you guys ok?” Matt asked, as the bus passed them.

“Yeah, we’re fine, just a pit stop. I’ll catch up,” Jo said back imagining him next to the driver.

“Alright, no Sam’s she’s fine, they’re going to catch up….Sam’s says be careful and not to crazy.” Matt said his voice showing all the concern.

“Thanks, I will. Bye.” Jo hung up the phone, she had kept her distance from him and he hasn’t run after her. Jo got out of the car, Zacky was leaning his head on the car. “You ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, but how? I mean you’re here, how is that book even real, if you’re here?” Zacky was looking at her in confusion.

“Look, it’s fiction,” Jo said not convincing him.

“It’s not, I can see it in your eyes. Why didn’t I get that before? It was hurting you to talk about it. But you did it anyway, to amuse us.” Zacky looked after the bus.

“It’s not that big of a deal,” Jo kicked some dirt.

“ But it is,” Jo got into the car and Zacky did the same, “Dude how much of that is real?”

“I don’t even remember anymore, it was a long time ago.” Jo turned on the engine and got back on the road, the bus was far ahead. “Do you want to get to New York before them?”

“Sure I could use a drink,” Zacky said.

“Alright,” Jo drove past the bus, they didn’t even notice her, pass them.

“Hey, I wonder what happened with Jo, they never caught up.” Sam played a little of the guitar her fingers were sore. The whole band was sitting around.

“Maybe they stopped and did it,” Johnny said laughing.

Matt grunted and went to the back of the bus, slamming the door. “What’s up his butt?” Jimmy asked taking a beer out of the fridge.

“He likes her?” Jimmy asked Sam.

“I don’t know, ask him, why are you asking me?” Sam said putting the guitar down.

“Guitar hero?” Brian challenged.

“Dude, you suck at it,” Johnny said letting the subject drop.

“I shall rule over you all,” Sam said in a funny voice. Then she started to laugh when they all turned to her, like game on.

Jo and Zacky reached New York before the bus did by about an hour. Zacky’s phone rang, he looked at it. “It’s Matt.” He said.

“Here, I’ll pick it up,” Jo said extending her hand for the phone. Zacky gave it to her as he lit a cigarette.

“Hello?” Jo said.

“Hey, I thought I called Zacky, did I dial your phone?” Matt asked confused.

“Nope, what’s up?” Jo took the cigarette from Zacky.

“Are you guys still behind us?” Matt asked.

“No we passed you a while back, we’re already in New York at the hotel,” Jo said handing

“Oh, I wanted to talk to you before we reached New York, we’ll talk tonight how’s that? I have something to do before but I’ll see you around 9,” Jo said. Zacky looked at her as he took a drag of the cigarette.

“Ok, I’ll see you at 9,” Matt said.

“Ok, see ya later,” Jo hung up the phone.

“What was that about?” Zacky took the phone from Jo.

“Oh, he thought we were still behind,” Jo smiled got her purse from the front and went to open the trunk. A really bad smell came from it.

“Ugh what the hell is that?” Zacky asked.

“I don’t know, but I have a feeling I suspect actually it’s food gone bad. Man my clothes stink,” Jo took out a t-shirt. And placed it back in, the valet came to them.

“Could I help?” He asked, the smell almost made him gag.

“Yeah, could you get his car cleaned? And see what can be saved from these clothes?” Zacky handed him a couple of hundred bucks, the valet’s eyes bulged out of his head.

“Certainly,” The valet took the keys and drove the car away, Zacky placed his arm around Jo. “Let’s go shopping.”

“Don’t sound so excited about it,” Jo said.

“Are you kidding me, I love shopping.” He gave her a crooked grin, then went to talk to the valet that was standing outside. A cab pulled up in minutes.

“Let’s go check out some stores.”

“Alright, Mr, Vengeance let’s go.” Jo slipped into the cab, she was looking forward to talk to Matt tonight. Maybe things would work out, she needed to explain to him, all the things she had explained to Zacky, that she was afraid of opening up again. She was afraid of something that had already happening, and she couldn’t undo or reverse it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Update.
<3