‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Middle

Chapter 12

Zacky and Jo shopped for what seemed like hours, the store owners heard the name Vengeance and they closed the shops. It was awesome shopping with someone who actually liked to dress up. She bought some jeans that seemed to be made for her, some tees and of course dress up clothes.

A cocktail dress that Zacky said no one should do without, it was black and came up a little bit above the knee, with a pair of stiletos and a skull necklace she just had to have she looked good, then it came to business shopping. She got a skirt business suit, it was navy with a white blouse.

Jo had explained how she needed Zacky to cover for her. She had a meeting with her editor around 7 and it was close to 6. “We should take you to do your hair,” Zacky said as they got into another cab with bags of clothes.

“No,” Jo said.

“That will blow Matt away,” Zacky looked at her.

“I don’t care about Matt,” Jo said.

“Yeah you do,” Zacky told the driver to stop, they were in front of a very unique hair dresser, he dragged her out of the car and walked in. “We need to blow a man away.”

All the women in the store looked at him, then at me. I waved a little, “I’ll take ya honey,” A woman pointed to her seat. Then pointed to a seat close for Zacky to sit. He did.

A song came on and Jo smiled. “Holy crap,” Jo said.

“Is something wrong honey?” The hairdresser said.

“No,” Jo answered then looked at Zacky through the mirror.

“This is my jam,” Zacky said.

“That’s nice honey,” the hair dresser looked at him then smiled at Jo. Jo smiled back. “What do you want to do to it?”

“Um, I’m not sure, actually just go crazy with it, I have a business meeting with my editor later on tonight, then I have a date.” Jo smiled thinking of the look on Matt’s face.

Zacky stood up and started playing air guitar to the solo in Bat Country. “He’s really into this,” the hair dresser said spraying Jo with water.

“He wrote the song so he might be, just a tad too much into it.” Jo saw the look on her face, the hairdresser’s jaw dropped.

“My kids love this band,”

“Really?” Jo asked.

“Yes.”

“Hey, Zacky, sign some autographs for the lady, her kids love you,” Jo said, Zacky stopped and saluted. Jo threw her purse at him, he took out a note pad and a pen. He asked the hairdresser who to write it out to. “Oh and take a picture too, so they believe you.”
“She’s a bossy one,” Zacky laughed.

“After I do your hair honey.” The hair dresser started cutting it, “It’s such a gorgeous colour, it’s natural isn’t it?”

“Yes it is,” Jo smiled.

“Wow, Jo I never thought your hair would be natural. It’s such a dark colour,” Zacky said scribbling notes to the kids.

A half an hour passed like a summer shower, Jo looked at herself in the mirror. Then at Zacky he gave her the thumbs up. The hairdresser who’s name was Amy, put products in it to make it shinny, it had volume now. Lots of it.

“Jo I think you should change here and I’ll drop you off at the meeting, then I’ll drop of the bags and come pick you up, when you text me,” Zacky said handing his credit card to the receptionist.

“Is it ok?” Jo asked Amy.

“Sure darling go right ahead,” She smiled at Jo warningly then showed her the way to the bathroom.

Jo changed as quickly as she could. When she came out everyone looked at her, stunned. “You look gorgeous,” Zacky said kissing her cheek.

“Thanks,” Jo said blushing.

“You need make-up,” Amy said.

“But we already paid,” Jo said.

“It’s no charge, come sit.” Jo did as she was told 10 minutes later she looked at herself again and smiled. Tonight everyone would be blown away. She grabbed Zacky’s offered arm and stepped outside. He hailed a cab and she went to have the meeting of her life.

“Dude, I can’t believe we’re finally here, took us long enough,” Sam said as the bus stopped in front of the hotel. She took her phone out and texted Jo.

To:Jo
Where are you?

“Yeah, I’m tired of having everyone around,” Brian grabbed Sam from behind. She leaned into him.

“It would be nice to have some time alone, after all you have to pay for getting your ass kicked at Guitar Hero,” Sam laughed as he spun her around and bit into her neck pretending to suck her blood and growled.

“Get a room,” Jimmy yelled at them, while Johnny laughed .

“Oh, stuff it,” Brian said pulling away from Sam. Sam’s phone vibrated.

From:Jo
Going to my meeting, wish me luck =)

“Oh,” Jo said out loud and shut off her phone.
“What’s going on?” Brian asked.

“Jo went to her meeting with the editor,” Sam whispered making sure that no one was in ear shot. A cab pulled up. And Zacky got out.

“Dude, where’s Jo?” Johnny asked, as the saw Zacky take out the bags from the car.

“She needed to relax for a bit so I left her at an overnight spa. Shell be coming back later on tonight.” Zacky handed the bags to Jimmy.

“What am I supposed to do with these?” Jimmy asked.

“Help me take them to my room,” Zacky said matter of fact.

“So, Jo’s staying with you?” Johnny followed them into the lobby.

“Yeah, for now,” Zacky said. Sam noticed Matt’s expression of confusion and something else.

“Are you guys…?” Jimmy asked, he sounded concerned about something, Sam wasn’t sure if it was Jo or Zacky.

“None of your business,” Zacky responded harshly, then looked to see Matt’s expression. Then it his Sam, Zacky knew Jo liked Matt, and he was trying to push his buttons.

Brian and Sam went to Brian’s room, they were all meeting later for drinks. “So, do you think something’s going on with Jo and Zacky?” Brian asked, taking off his shirt, and going into the bathroom. He turned on the water.

“Nah, you should of seen Zacky look at Matt when he was talking, he was trying to push his buttons,” Sam sat down on the bed, it was huge and it felt awesome to be in a nice bed for once.

“Nice, that’s so like Zacky,” Brian said coming back into the room. “You should take a shower first,” Brian sat next to Sam, but Sam was already asleep, he gave her a light kiss on the lips and went to take his shower.

“Well come miss Ioana,” the receptionist greeted Jo in a cold manner, it was a little disturbing to have a meeting at 7 o’clock at night.

“Thank you,” Jo said, fidgeting on the spot.

“Oh, don’t worry I didn’t know what you looked like it was just the power of deduction that it was you coming through the door.” That made Jo relax a little bit.

The editor exited the office, he was tall about 6 foot, shorter then Matt, the comparison made Jo mentaly smack herself. She should of called him and told him she might be late. After all he might be waiting for her.

“Hello, very nice to finally meet you. I have to say I’ve never worked with anyone who refused to meet me,” the editor said. His name was Justin. He had a nice smile but no dimples.

“Well, I wasn’t going to come, if you had not insisted on this meeting being important to be face to face,” she let herself be lead into the office.

“Of course, you must have a busy schedule.” Justin went behind the desk and motioned for Jo to sit down.
“I’m actually in my summer break. It was time for a road trip,” Jo said adjusting her blazer.

“Oh, how nice,” he smiled at her checking her out.

“Mhm,” Jo agreed, “Now what was so important that we needed to meet as soon as possible?”

“Well, the book has gotten a remarkable number of interests, and one phone call I received in particular was from a film producer. They want to make the book into a movie, but I said I needed to talk to you about it before I could even consider it,” Justin took a pause. “Everything is in you hands, I understand how much the book means to you, so whatever you decide I will stay behind it 100%.”

“Um, Ok,” Jo said.

“OK?” He asked.

“I’ll be ok with it, as long as I get final approval on the script,” Jo looked him straight in the eye.

“Um, that’s going to be kind of hard,” Justin said.

“Then no deal,” Jo said firmly.

“Ok, fine, I’ll make them give you final approval, another thing was we wanted the voices of some of the characters like you shadow, and gates, should actually be Matt Shadows and Synyster Gates. Of course we would have to get their approval, but I think they will agree with it,” Justin read something off his papers. “Where are you staying?”

Jo gave him her hotel name, “Oh, we have a penthouse for you ready there, all you need to do is give them your name.” He smiled at her.

“Ok, one more thing, no one knows who I am.” Jo stood up.

“You mean, you still don’t want people to know?” Justin asked.

“Yes, I still don’t want people to know. Deal?” Jo extended her hand, he shook hers.

“Deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
<3