‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Tomorrow

Chapter 18

Tomorrow

He stared at the mirror for a long time, he was remembering the night before slowly. He heard the woman who’s name he couldn’t remember moan from the bed. He remembered lots of drinks, kissing, touching, sex, everything he tried each morning he remembered her, her kiss, her touch, her smile, her laughter. The hurt he had caused her.

He was living with the things he had said, and he thought it was time to take them back. It was past time.

Sam opened her letter slowly. She didn’t know what to expect. Jo had not written letters in so long.

Hey

So, I didn’t know how else to let everyone know how I’m doing. I’m good, I think. But I wanted to say everything I needed to and this was the best way.

I’m rambling, I know. There’s nothing for me, nothing else for me to say, but I’m sorry. I messed everything up between the band, I just want you to make sure that they don’t hate Matt it’s not his fault.

I’m broken Sam we both know that, and I can’t be fixed unless I fix myself. And I’m trying very hard, you know that I’m finally free of all the ghosts from the past. The house was sold the moment I finished writing everyone’s letter.

I’m done with the past I’m ready to live for the future, and unfortunately Matt is my past. He helped me, I used him to move on. As bad as that sounds I’m facing the truth I’m done hiding behind everything and trying to justify what I was feeling.

I do love him. He is the man of my dreams, but I’m not the one in his dreams so I’m letting him go. I’ll always love him. It’s the way things go.

I have to go, I have a midterm to study for and a banquet to attend.

Love ya babes.

XOXO

Yours always
Joana


A tear slid down Sam’s cheek, Brian walked into the bedroom holding a beer in each hand. “Hey, no crying. Why are you crying?” he sat down next to her.

“I’m happy, I got my best friend back,” Sam whispered.

“That’s a good thing,” Brian said as he sat next to her and handed her a beer just to wrap his arm around her shoulders.

“I’m going to go wash my face,” Sam said giving him a kiss on the cheek. As she disappeared down the hall Brian took his letter from his pocket. He had not opened it. It seemed odd, he had not gotten close to Jo, but he felt special that she had written him a letter.

Hey Brian

I know it’s odd I’m writing you a letter, but you do have my best friend under your wing up there. So I felt compelled to write to you. She’s an awesome girl, and I’m sure you know that. I want you to watch out for her.

I’m glad you guys met, even though you were an ass at the beginning to tell you the truth she didn’t like you much, but that didn’t mean she didn’t want you. I guess your power of attraction was stronger then you thought.

I’m not sure if you’ve given much though to the Movie, but it would be an honor if you could act in it, or even just provide the voice. I mean if you’re not comfortable with acting I completely understand.

I have one request from you. I want you to not give Matt any hard times for what happened, this is the main reason I wrote is because alienating him would ruin everything and I don’t want that. I know Matt loves you guys and yes we just weren’t meant to be.

Watch out for Zacky he needs to go out, so take him out. Make him meet someone, I’m just not a whole person and I don’t think I’ll ever be and he deserves nothing but the best. You guys changed my life. Once in the past, and now. You’ve all made me realize that my life wasn’t a life, just a train ride I was wishing would end faster.

Watch out for Sam, or I will be coming for you.

XOXO
Jo


Brian folded the letter back up and placed it in the night stand, he could picture Jo writing it. It made him smile. She was a good person. And at least she was fixing herself slowly but surely. Sam walked back into the room, her hair tied back her face clear of make up.

He gave her a smile, and she smiled back, that made him boast with confidence this woman was smiling at him, she was with him. He placed the beer down and laid in bed then opened his arms and she walked into them. Placing her head on his chest he wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m happy,” Sam said.

“I’m glad.” Brian kissed the top of her head and looked out the window at the starry night. This was perfection at it’s best.

You’ve got mail

The computer dinged as Jo was looking out the window. She sat down at the computer desk and opened her email.

From: Jimmy

Hey,
We got your letter and everything. I got a bone to pick with you, but I will have to do that in person.
So next week we got to talk, you coming down here or am I coming up there?

I just finished reading the manuscript, I cried. But you can’t tell that to anyone.
What’s this about you telling Zacky to move on? Ok so I’m picking the bone with you now I can’t take it. Dude you wrote a book about him and you’re telling him you don’t care about him? Since when do things work that way? Not in my world and not if I have anything to do with it missy.

Alright I need sleep, I just spent a lot of time reading and my eyes are killing me, I should get Lasik surgery, maybe while I’m up there, who the fuck knows.

Anyways baby girl,

Jimmy loves ya.

P.S. I will so fucking do the movie, don’t you even dare get someone else to do it. That’s mine bitch.

Jo let out a sigh then she laughed, live it to Jimmy to read too much into a simple book. And it wasn’t about Zacky it was about friendship and how much it can mean to a person. So what if Zacky had been her best friend during that awful week, it would have been about Johnny or even Jimmy if they had gotten so close but her and Zacky had a special connection.

You’ve got mail

Another one?

Hello,

I know it seems odd for me to email you at such a time. But I’m Alex, we met at a get together about a while back, and I know I have not gotten back to you but getting back into the hectic school work has been a pain.

I’ve just been wondering how you have been? I have tried to reach you several times yet your roommate had no way of getting in touch with you.

There is a benefit gala next week and I was wondering if you might accompany me. I know it seems odd for me to invite you, yet it’s for the children and we had a good time, I was thinking you might save me from a stuffy and boring night.

Think about it, you could save a life.

;)

Alex Solomon
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
Enjoy
BTW I don't have any idea how the story will end, I'm just going with the flow and the beat of my heart.
<3
Comments are always welcomed.