‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

The Kill

The Kill

Jo woke to the pounding of the door, Zacky stirred next to her. “JO!!!!” her name was yelled from behind the door. It sounded like Johnny.

“What do you want?” Jo yelled back.

“Someone’s here for you,” Johnny said going back down the stairs grumbling.

Zacky grabbed Jo and cuddled her, “I have to go see who it is,” Jo said.

“One more minute,” Zacky said not letting her go.

“Zacky...” Jo said impatiently. He released her.

“I might as well go with you,” he said getting out of bed. He wrapped his arm around her and when they went into the hall, they met a giggling Sam and a pissed off Brian.

“It’s so early,” Brian said as Sam grabbed his hand and dragged him into the bathroom.

“Morning,” Sam said as she closed the door.

“Those two,” Zacky said holding Jo’s hand as they walked down the stairs. In the middle of the living room, Jimmy was lying on his back and Johnny on his stomach it looked like he had just crashed there after waking everyone up.

“Where’s the person?” Zacky asked.

“Outside,” Johnny said with half a mouth.

“You left them outside?” Jo asked going towards the door but Zacky stopped her.

“Him,” Jimmy said. Cuddling into the blankets.

“I’ll get it,” Zacky said going to the door. He opened it and there stood all 6 foot of a snobby man. Zacky recognized him right away. “It’s the penguin,” he said leaving the door opened and going to crash next to Johnny on the bed, but he made sure he could see the door.

Jo got to the door, the cold air coming inside. She shivered. “Good morning,” Alex said as he stepped in and tried to kiss Jo but she moved her cheek to the side. Strike one for Zacky.

“What are you doing here?” Jo asked folding her arms.

“I came to see you, though we could go for breakfast,” Alex said taking off his gloves.

“Let’s go talk somewhere else,” Jo said.

“Take your coat darling,” Jimmy said from the bed, “Then come back to bed it’s still early.”

Johnny let out a giggle, and Zacky had a smile on his face. Jo got her coat and shot the finger at Jimmy, “I’ll be enjoying that later, I’m not going to forget the offer,” Jimmy said.

They stepped outside, “Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” Alex asked looking into the house through the window.

“Those are my friends,” Jo said.

“Some friends, did you see the man’s stomach it was covered in tattoo’s, he must be some sort of criminal,” Alex let out a breath.

“Don’t be a prude,” Jo hissed at him.

“I came to spend some time with my girlfriend and I find her house filled with men, strange men.” Alex paced.

“That’s why you came here? Because I wouldn’t tell you where I am?” Jo was getting angry he had come to check up on her.

“Certainly I was concerned,” Alex made a move towards her.

“Alex I want you to leave,” Jo said as calmly as possible.

“But, Joana be reasonable.” Alex tried to take another step towards her.

“No, I’m done, we had a great time, but I’m done being controlled,” Jo said looking at his face, anger flashed across it but he was too composed.

“We, will talk about this later, when you’re less irrational,” Alex said turning and leaving.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” Jo yelled back. He drove away angry. Jo just stood there watching him, it felt like a big weight had been lifted off her.

Jo walked back in, she took her coat off, Zacky came up behind her. “Can we go back to bed?” He whispered in her ear.

“You can, I have to get breakfast ready,” Jo said pulling away from him.

“But they can wait,” Zacky tried pulling her towards the stairs but she gave him a look and he gave in. “I can help.”

They walked into the kitchen when they heard another knock on the door, “I’ll get it,” Sam yelled as she came down the stairs.

“Wonder if it’s Mr.Penguin,” Zacky said as he followed Jo into the living room.

“Baby,” the voice was velvety, and the woman walked past Jo and into Zacky’s surprised arms. She kissed him and he didn’t push her away. Jo froze in the spot.

“What are you doing here?” Zacky asked as he pushed her away but she still had a hold on him.

“I cam as soon as I heard, why didn’t you invite me along for the trip we would of had so much fun,” the woman said rubbing herself on Zacky.

“Cause no one likes you,” Sam whispered next to Jo, which made Jo jump.

“Another person for breakfast, great I’ll get the table set,” Jo said that’s when Zacky looked at her and their eyes met. His were full of apology and hers were full of coldness.

“I’m Dana,” the girl said “I could help.”

“That’s nice of you to offer, but I got it,” Jo said giving her a smile, everyone was up now. Brian came down the stairs his hair wet from the shower, his mouth fixed in an O shape.

Jo walked into the kitchen where her dad was waiting, he was already scrambling eggs.

“Te-am trezit?” I woke you up?[/] Jo asked as she went about getting the rest of the ingredients from the fridge.

“Nu,” Vlad answered. “Cine e tipa care a venit?” Who’s the chick that just showed up?

“Gacica lui Zacky,” Zacky’s girlfriend, Jo said putting down the vegetables.

“Ala de care iti place tie?” The one that you like? Vlad asked putting the pan on the stove.

“Is it obvious?” Jo asked.

“Not really,” Vlad answered but then shut up when Jimmy walked in, without a shirt scratching his stomach.

“What’s for breakfast?” Jimmy asked sitting down at the counter.

“Omelettes,” Jo answered giving him a smile.

“Awesome,” Jimmy took a piece of green pepper and popped into his mouth.

“So, how long have they been together?” Jo asked and Jimmy knew right away who she was talking about.

“Since the letter you sent him,” Jimmy said taking the knife from Jo’s hand and starting to chop the peppers she was chopping.

“Oh,” Jo said turning around, her breathing changing.

“Jo, when are you racing?” Sam walked in a look of disgust on her face as she looked behind her.

“In about two hours,” Jo said looking at the clock on the wall.

“Mind if Brian and I come?” Sam sat down next to Jimmy.

“Nope, not at all,” Jo said giving her the best fake smile she could muster.

“I want to come,” Jimmy said pushing up his glasses.

“Where we going?” Johnny walked in followed by Zacky and Dana.

“Racing,” Jimmy said with a big smile on his face.

“Awesome,” Dana said as she sat down next to Sam who seemed to shift a little away from her.

“Yeap, the whole gang is going,” Jo said turning to her dad who winked at her. She just looked at him, “Shut up.”

They ate and Jo went to get dressed, a few minutes later she heard a knock on her door, “Come in,” she said throwing her hair in a pony tail. Zacky walked in, fully dressed.

“I’m sorry,” Zacky said sitting on the bed, he looked tired.

“It’s none of my business,” Jo said wiping her face with a wet cloth.

“I should of told you,” Zacky met her eyes in the mirror.

“It’s late, we need to go.” Jo stood up and picked up her leather jacket.

“Are you...?” Zacky asked.

“We’ll always be friends dude, no worries.” Jo walked out the door and he followed her, downstairs everyone was ready.

Jo kissed her dad and thanked him, everyone made plans to visit him soon. Zacky got in the car with Dana, and Sam, Brian, Jimmy and Johnny pilled into Brian’s car. “Alright, just follow me to the race track it’s not far from here,” Jo said as she revved her Stratosphere.

They got there in 20 minutes. As they all pilled out of the car Sam came up to Jo, “Is it safe?” She asked looking at the slightly frozen track.

“Yeah, no worries,” Jo gave her a smile and went to talk to the guys setting up the races.

Brian caught up to Sam, “You ok?” he asked.

“Not really, I have a bad feeling.” Sam hugged him, she looked up at him.

“What’s the worst that can happen?” Brian asked kissing her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
Working on the next one.
<3