‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Kindly Unspoken

Chapter 5

Jo reached the apartment. She didn’t know how to deal with the situation. All she had shared with Matt was a kiss, and then drama broke loose. She knew the message had been from Val, she wasn’t afraid of the girl but it felt like she was getting in the middle of something not worth it.

After all Matt was a rock star and Jo well Jo was Jo. A university student. Who published a book. Not a big deal. Besides soon it would be time for him to go, one thing she did not need was a romance right now. With someone who wouldn’t be around for long.

She undressed and ran herself a bath. Her hair pilled on top of her head she settled into the bath reading a book. She didn’t hear the door open or Matt coming in. He placed a dozen of roses on the table, and tiptoed looking for her. He knocked on the door of the bathroom realizing that’s where she was.

“I’ll be out in a minute Sam,” Jo said, getting out of the bathtub and wrapping a towel around herself.

“It’s not Sam, just so you don’t scream when you get out of the bathroom.” The voice made her shiver. She made sure the towel was tight. She creaked the door open slowly, he stood there all six feet of him. His aviators were placed on top of his head. He had a smile on his face.

“Hi,” he said simply.

“What are you doing here?” Jo asked looking him straight in the eyes. When she had been wearing her heels she felt more confident, yet now she felt little.

“I’ve come to apologize.” He didn’t move from the spot.

“For what?” Jo asked, water dripping on the carpet.

“For whatever Val said,” he said his eyes showing his true emotion, he was indeed sorry.

“Look, that kiss….” Matt cut her off. In one step he was in front of her and his finger silencing her, as it grazed her lip, barely touching it, but the heat making her head spin.

“Don’t. Don’t say it was a mistake,” He pleaded.

“No, this is a mistake,” Jo whispered as she took his hand down and raised herself on her tiptoes, she kissed him and he kissed her back. All nakedness underneath the towel forgotten. She grabbed on to his shoulders to steady herself, and he lifted her off the ground.

Their rhythm matched as both of their breaths became harder to take. Sparks flew in Jo’s head, it was a kiss to end all kisses. It made her body tingle, and her heart beat faster, it made her hope that she would never be let go of. The scariest thought of them all was that one kiss made her wish for forever.

In her world forever didn’t exist. People didn’t love each other for more then months, and kisses didn’t shatter someone’s piece of mind. Her world was starting to crumble. He pulled away from her, but didn’t lower her to the ground, their foreheads touching.

“Go put some clothes on,” He whispered, slowly nibbling on her bottom lip.

“But…” Jo started to say wanting to deepen the kiss.

“No, it shouldn’t happen like this.” He lowered her to the ground, but she didn’t fall, her feet were wobbly but she made it to the bedroom without saying another word. She lowered herself onto the bed. Trying to remember everything about this moment.
It took her forever to dress but when she was confident she looked good enough she left the room. He was sitting on the couch watching T.V. He looked up at her, and padded the seat next to him. His aviators were resting on the coffee table, next to the roses.

“Are those for me?” Jo asked. He immediately realized that he had not given her the flowers. Before she could pick them up he stood up and handed them to her.

“Yes,” he said as she smelled them, a smile spreading across her lips. He was beaming with pride that he had made her smile like that. He was responsible for that smile and no one else.

“I’ll go find a vase. Do you want anything from the kitchen,” she turned and walked towards the kitchen.

“No I’m ok,” He said sitting back down and started flipping though the channels. A few moments later she came back with an odd looking vase. “Is that a pop bottle?”

“Yes,” Jo blushed embarrassed, but it soon went away. “I don’t know where Sam keeps the vases or if she even owns one. So I improvised I don’t want them to die. Where did you find them this late at night?”

“It’s Toronto baby, you can find anything,” he smiled as he pulled her down next to him. Wrapping his arms around her.

“I’d forgotten.” Jo snuggled closer to him.

Matt stopped flipping through the channels and looked down at her, realizing he knew nothing about her. “Where are you from?” He asked the question surprising her.

“Well, I grew up in Windsor,” Jo said looking at him.

“Cool, I’ve heard of that place. The SIN CITY of Canada,” he laughed.

“Yes that would be it.” Jo looked at the T.V. smiling. She didn’t want to ruin the moment by talking it just felt nice to be in someone’s arms. There would be time later to get to know each other. Her mind screamed at her, or will there?

Sam didn’t like not knowing where she was going, but for some reason she trusted Brian, maybe he could be a cocky douche bag sometimes, but still he was hot. At least a night of fun wasn’t so bad.

They left the arena and hailed down a cab. As they were in the cab Brian’s phone rang, he looked at it and smiled. “Apparently Matt has a plan.”

“What’s that?” Sam asked edging closer to read the text message.

“He wants to borrow your keys.” Brian smirked and liked the feeling of Sam close to him.

“Can I trust him?” Sam pulled away to read Brian’s expression.

“As much as you can trust me,” Brian said with a big grin on his face.

“That’s not saying much,” Sam said, watching his facial expression change.

“Why can’t you trust me?” Brian asked, Sam looked away but he pulled her face to look at him. “It’s doesn’t matter I’ll figure it out. Back on topic you can trust Matt he wouldn’t do anything to hurt Jo, he’s trying to make up to her right now. He said to meet him at this address.”

Brian gave the address to the cab driver, and Sam looked out the window his question swimming in her head. Why didn’t she trust him? They pulled up in front of a flower shop in a matter of minutes. There stood Matt looking awkward with a dozen roses in his hand.

Brian told the cab driver to wait for them. He got out first then gave his hand to Sam who took it. “Will you give him the key?” Brian asked.

“Yes,” she said surprising even herself.

They walked up to Matt. “Look I know it’s crazy but I want to make it up to her. Something happened that made me want to kiss her and when I did I don’t know what happened to me. I left everything behind and it just was in the moment,” Matt was rambling.

“I’ll give you the key, but you’ve got to understand something. If she gets hurt I will kill you. She’s one of the most important people in my life. She’s been through a lot more stuff then most people have to go through,” Sam said as Matt nodded.

“I would hurt her, not ever.” He took the key she handed. Then Sam gave him the address, as she went to call the doorman, Brian talked to Matt.

“Dude, what’s going on with you?” Brian asked, concerned.

“I don’t know. I honestly can’t explain what is going on.” Matt hailed down a cab, it stopped in front of him, behind the one waiting for Sam and Brian.

“Well watch it,” Brian said referring to all the stuff that happened with Val.

“I know, I got it.” Matt got into the cab and it pulled away.

Sam came back and stood next to Brian watching the cab. “So where are we going?” Sam asked.

“Back to my hotel room,” Brian answered.

Sam got into the cab laughing, when Brian joined her she said, “You wish.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Update, more to come.
Thanks to everyone for the comments they make me want to write more.
<3