Trinity Chord

04. Situations

While poor Ryan was being mauled by an unstable girlfriend and 2 fellow band mates, Brendon was speed-walking down the seemingly endless hallway, trying to find the washroom. Shoes squeaking, hands in his pockets and an unreadable expression upon his face, he turned sharply to his left and burst through the white door, introducing him to a quaint, little restroom. He had reached his destination, and as soon as he did, he took his pent-up frustration out on a small garbage can, kicking it across the room. The events that had just taken place has added to the troubles he had been facing. He knew he shouldn't have done that... Stupid, really, how he thought he could pull that off. How could he possibly have even thought it? Ryan had just been in a death defying accident. Taking advantage of him in such a state was never something Brendon had planned on doing. But to kiss him... Boy, he had waited years to make it happen. Even though Ryan probably had no idea what had been happening at that moment. Exhaling deeply, he turned to face the mirror above the low sink. He began another somewhat depressing conversation with himself..;

Brendon's POV

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I sighed and placed one hand on either side of the sink and leaned in. I examined the soft tear streaks on my cheeks. I had been known for my emotional breakdowns, but seeing Ryan in that bed, looking at me with those eyes, just completely sent me off my rocker. Then it all became too much. With minimum control over my actions, I had nearly jumped for it. Perhaps you're wondering just what had thwarted me from planting my own lips to his thin, soft ones..? Well... That's when reality set in for me. This wasn't the stage. We weren't singing and having a gay old time. No. This was real life. Maybe Keltie was right about me... No, no, no! Gah, she had me questioning myself now. No matter how many times I tried to deny it, the truth always remained. I, Brendon Boyd Urie, am infact, deeply, madly, emotionally, physically, passionately in love with Ryan Ross. I would never stop loving him, which in turn meant that I would forever be torturing myself. I scoffed a little, my big chocolate brown eyes staring back at me. He would get better, run off with Keltie, and most likely knock her up. I knew how much Ryro wanted a kid... Never knew if he wanted a girl or a boy though. He could never make up his mind. God knows what Keltie wanted, and quite frankly, I could care less...

Pushing Keltie clean out of my head for the moment, I let my mind wander. Closing my eyes, I began to imagine what life would be like is she were out of the picture. If Ryan were gay, hell, bi, even. Just us, together, happy, making music with the other guys. I'd give him the world if I could. Lavish him with anything and everything he’s ever wanted. Give him love in abundance. Anything to make him smile, make him laugh, make him stay. Heh, listen to me. Talking like I still had a chance. Like at any moment, Ryan would come out, drop Keltie like a bad habit, confess his secret love for me and 'run' into my open arms. Mm, right. But knowing me (as I should), I believed that there was something to Ry that nobody knew. Perhaps he was hiding something..? Man, you're talking nonsense, Bren. But then again... Why didn't he stop me? Even if he didn't know... I lifted my hands from the sink and brought them up to cover my face, heaving another sigh. At that moment, I was beside myself. Almost literally. You know those cartoons with the angel and the devil on the guy's shoulder? Yeah, kinda like that. It's all in my head, don't worry, I ain't crazy... Yet.

Here, I'll explain. One side of me honestly didn't give a flying fuck about Keltie at the moment. All I wanted was Ryro all to myself, no matter what it took to get him. But then the more sensible side of me kicked in. I'd rather stay on my sliver of hope, than be bold and rash, jeopardizing our friendship. Oh, but it was tearing me up inside, seeing him with her, smiling... I'm sure he's smiling right now, even through all that pain, just seeing her. Maybe... Just maybe... Jon was right. Maybe I should tell him...

I'd decide that later. Right now, I had to head home for a moment. To fetch my guitar, to make a certain man I love smile. Even if I couldn't be with him, I could at least give him that. I opened the bathroom door, and slowly and quietly stepped my way out of the room. Proceeding to walk back down the hallway, I couldn't help but to look back into his room. I really wish I wouldn't have, for I saw them, hugging, Keltie kissing his soft skin... They both looked so happy... Honestly, I didn't know why I even keep telling myself I had a chance. I just stood there, like an idiot, while I watched my love and her rub their perfect relationship in my face. Ryan was obviously playing me for the fool I was, letting me think I could actually kiss him.

Mentally and physically pulling myself away from the stomach-turning scene, I broke out into a run down the hall, not even stopping when the lady at the front desk yelled something to me as I basically leapt out of the building. As soon as the door shut behind me, I burst into a new batch of tears. The warm, salty liquid was just pouring from my eyes, as cold air whipped around my face and through my short hair. While keeping my sobs quiet, I walked over to a near bench just a few feet from the entrance of the hospital and sat myself down. I didn't have any more money for another cab... Never thought of it. I was too worried about Ryan. I guess I'd have to walk back now, all the way to my house. And I wasn't exactly dressed properly for outside. Oh well. I couldn't go back to the room. A) Keltie was there, B) I didn't really want Ryan and the guys to see me in such a pathetic state, and C) I had made a promise, and I wasn't about to break it. I know it seems like a small simple thing that Ryan has probably forgotten by now, but I had said I would play a song for him. If it meant seeing him smile, and making him happy, I would go to the end of the world if I had to. Heaving myself out of my frozen position on the bench, I rubbed my eyes, wiping all the dried tears away, and started my long walk back. I, Brendon, am a fighter and quite the optimist. Though it may not look like that now, it's what I'm known for... I think.

~*Return to 3rd person*~

As our brave hero ventured off to begin his vast, dark walk home, snow fluttering down from the sky onto his brown hair and shoes slipping on the slippery walkway, we return to the scene of Ryan's hospital room. Now, nothing of real interest has happened since Bren stormed away. And as we return to the room, we find that Spencer and Jon are about to leave. Ryan had convinced them that he was feeling splendid and that they should go home... Meaning Ryan and Keltie were now all alone. Keltie was in the middle of stroking Ryan's face, her eyes staring into his, her lips curled into a smile. She was smiling because her RyRy was as okay as he could be coming out of this accident, but she was also smiling because she knew how much this was getting to Brendon. You could say she was very much enjoying the pain it was causing him. And as if Ryan had superhuman senses, he could just feel that there was more to Keltie than he knew. Leaning closer to him, she gently set her lips to his, kissing him softly. As if by routine, Ryan kissed back, definitely not as enthused about it as Keltie seemed to be. Mind you, in her head, all she could think of was, 'I win. I won Brendon, and you didn't...'. Exactly at that moment, as that thought crossed her mind, Ryan pulled away slightly, detaching their lips. Keltie opened her eyes to see Ryan looking down at the white hospital sheets. "Ry..? What's wrong?" Keltie asked, her voice low and 'concerned'.

With a quiet sigh, Ryan lifted his head back up, although avoiding eye contact with Keltie, and mumbled, "Keltie... I have to tell you something."
♠ ♠ ♠
Situations-Escape The Fate
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cliffhanger. don't you just hate me now?
i'm happy with everyone's comments to the last chapter
perhaps this one will be better..? i don't really like it. chapter's a bit scatter-brained but w/e
oh, & if you haven't realized, i haven't given a physical description for Keltie yet... that's cause i don't what she looks like xD