Trinity Chord

05. The Weight

Keltie blinked, her heart missing half a beat. "What do you mean, RyRy? What is it?" she said in a rush, moving her hand from its position on Ryan's leg to his hand, which he almost instantly shook off. Another skipped beat. "What's wrong?" she asked almost impatiently as Ryan turned his head to stare at the wall. It was quiet for another few minutes before she added, "What did Brendon tell you?" That made Ryan's head snap back. He winced in pain but pushed it away. Keltie leaned back a little at Ryan's icy glare.

"Why do you always bring him into everything? Honestly, what did he ever do to you?" Ryan croaked, his voice failing him in a few spots. Keltie's mouth was open, trying to put her piece in, but he wasn't finished yet. "Whenever he tries to show affection or empathy or whatever, like any good person does, you automatically think he's trying to hit on me. Are you prejudice or something?" he spat at his girlfriend.

She was quite taken aback by this. Uncomfortably shifting in her seat on his bed, she responded, "No, I just-.. Ryan, I see the way he looks at you. I just know him. He's trying to steal you from me!"

Something went off inside Ryan and he gave Keltie an even harder stare. "Don't you dare say that. You do not know him. You are never around when he's himself, the Brendon I love." Saying that made him think-did he really love Brendon in that way? 'Never mind for now.' he told himself. He wasn't about to let Keltie off easy for this one. "Because when you are around, he has to hide inside himself because he doesn't want to upset you. An upset Keltie usually means an upset Ryan." Ry had noticed this, but only now did he realize what it meant. How could he have been so blind before? "You're just like this because he's gay. And it sickens me... And he can't really steal me if I'm willing." he said, mumbling the last part. Keltie gasped in an annoyingly high tone, then gave a slightly shaky laugh.

"Ry, you're sick, you don't know what you're saying." she tried, standing up now, but as Ryan scoffed, she cut herself off.

"Don't give me that, and don't trying to convince yourself that I'm just saying this because of the accident. That has nothing to do with anything." Ry said, mildly annoyed and sitting upright now. He felt his back crack slightly, but ignored it for now. His anger had taken the place of the pain, and he wasn't going to let this fall. "You've always hated him, but why? Why, Keltie? Because maybe he does love me? Because maybe he does care more about me? Because maybe, just maybe, he loves me more than you, but you won't admit it just because you like seeing him suffer while you get to hold me? Hmm?" He was pushing it, and he knew it. "You know what? There really was something I had to tell you. I'm bisexual, Keltie."

The look on her face was priceless. Eyes big and shiny, dumbfounded and at a lose for words. "Ryan..." was all she managed to squeak.

"No, no, wait. There's something else else." he said almost tauntingly. He was quite enjoying this, seeing his girlfriend break down in front of him. They both knew that everything the boy said was true. "I-"

"Ryan, I'm back!" Brendon yelped, bursting into the small hospital room, guitar strapped to his back, cheeks red from the cold weather outside. He huffed for a moment, letting the surprise from his entrance slip away from both Ryan and Keltie, still near tears.

"Brendon, I-" Ryan started, but Brendon softly put a finger to Ryan's lips, shushing him.

His chocolate brown eyes still on Ryan, Brendon whispered, "Not now, sweety." Brendon's finger lowered and his gaze turned to Keltie, who squeaked a weird sound before covering her face and running out of the room, bawling. With a kind, worried voice, Bren asked, "What happened to her?", staring at the door as it closed again and setting his guitar down against the bed. But Ryan didn't answer him. Instead, he pulled Brendon down by the collar of his shirt and their lips met. Ryan was hungry for Brendon, quickly moving his lips in motion with Bren's. Ryan's chapped, dry lips were messaging Brendon's warm, full ones, as Brendon slowly and carefully sat down on the bed, leaning Ryan back into the pillow. Tongues suddenly met, and he couldn't hold it back anymore.. Ryan moaned quietly into the younger boy's mouth, which caused Bren to retreat suddenly. He had totally been ill prepared to hear Ryan do that so suddenly. Panting, he mumbled, "Ry, wha-.. What are you doing?" Once again, he failed to answer his question, gently pulling Bren back towards him and reattaching himself. Brendon closed his eyes again, his arms holding Ryro tight. Lips smacked, tongues wrestled and stomachs fluttered. Brendon was as much confused as he was pleased. Why had Ryan pulled this so suddenly? And why had Keltie been crying? "Ry-" he managed to say while gasping for air. "Ry, seriously." he said, pulling back once again and taking his arms from around the guitarist's waist that lay before him. Both boys were panting, and Ryan even wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "What the hell was that?" Brendon questioned, his eyes wide and serious.

"Come off it, Brenny. I know you like it." Ryan laughed.

'So he's feeling better mentally, I see.' thought Brendon.

Coughing and his mood settling down to match Brendon's seriousness. "Brendon, I heard about your... Your... Crush on me." Ryan told him, earning a breathless and unheard gasp from him.

'Oh shit.' thought Brendon, 'He's onto me. What should I do? Play it cool or just confess right here and now like a man?' Tilting his head to the side, he said, "What are you talking about, Ry?"

"Bren, I ain't fuckin' around here." Ryan assured him. "I... Overheard you talking to Jon about me, almost 2 weeks ago now. Yes, I've known for that long." he said before Bren could speak. "Look Brenny, before you made your entrance, I was about to tell Keltie something, but I guess I should tell you first. I-"

"Don't feel the same way about me, yeah, I get it." Brendon said, cutting him off for the second time and admitting his love for the older boy at the same time.

Ryan chuckled and shook his head dully. "Brenny, Brenny, Brenny. That wasn't just my on-stage kisses right there. No. I was about to tell her that-" he began, gently bringing Brendon down so that his own mouth met his ear and whispered, "I really like you, too." Brendon's head shot back, eyes wider and shocked at what he had just heard. He mouthed a 'What', and Ryan responded with a nod and a slightly sheepish-looking smile. Brendon didn't wait to hear more. Those words and Ryan's bashfulness sent the cuteness meter to new heights and soon their lips met again.

A make out session later, Brendon flopped down to somehow lay beside Ryan on the tiny bed. Catching their breath once again, Ryan asked, "Say Brenny, you never told me how you get back here so fast. I see you got your guitar, but..?"

"Oh yeah. Spence and Jon saw me walking and decided to give me a ride there and back." he explained. "And, only if you'd like, I can play you that song now.."

Again, Ryan laughed. "Of course I do. I told you I'd hold you to it." Bren smiled.

"Alright then." he said, heaving himself from his spot on the bed and over to his rarely used acoustic guitar. He set it around his neck and pulled himself the one and only stool in the room. For some reason, he was nervous, but he swallowed it down and pulled a pink pick from his jean pocket and softly strummed an open chord. "Now," he said, raising his gaze to meet Ryan's, "I won't tell you what I'm playing, but you should recognize it." He placed his fingers and murmured a reassuring 'Okay' to himself before beginning..;

'As I write this letter
Send my love to you
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you

Treasure these few words
Till we're together
Keep all my love forever
P.S. I love you
You you you

I'll be comin' home again
To you love
Until the day I do love
P.S. I love you
You you you

As I write this letter
Send my love to you
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you

Treasure these few words
Till we're together
Keep all my love forever
P.S. I love you
You you you

As I write this letter
Send my love to you
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you

I'll be comin' home again
To you love
Until the day I do love
P.S. I love you
You you you
You you you
I love you'


Strumming the last chord (er, few I should say with Brendon's improvised ending), Bren finished with a wide grin upon his face. "Hope I didn't ruin The Beatles for you, RyRy." he mused, finally setting his eyes upon Ryan again.. Only to see him sleeping quietly, mouth agape and completely uncovered from the sheets. Brendon held back an 'aww' and set his guitar so it was behind him again before walking over to gently tuck Ryan in, cautious not to wake the sleeping boy. Ryan twitched in his sleep slightly, causing Bren to giggle. After kissing his forehead and whispering, "I really do love you, Ryan", he stepped backwards towards the door, and quietly left Ryan to rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Weight-The Band
sorry this took sooo long to write
& sorry that i keep changing the layouts on you people haha
nice bit of Rydon action, though, eh? :]
i really like this chapter, don't you?
even though it is kinda short....
btw if you don't know that song, it's 'P.S. I Love You - The Beatles'
if you wanna listen (cause I love this song) here's a link haha
P.S. I Love You