Trinity Chord

07. I Love You (Prelude To Tragedy)

~*Return To 3rd Person*~

-Room 2417-

"Check his pulse."

"Trouble breathing."

"He's crashing, he's crashing!"

Boy, it was a sight. Frantic physicians scurrying around the room, different papers and assorted instruments in their hands, while a barely conscious Ryan Ross lay hardly breathing in his hospital bed. He hadn't expected it to be this serious, but that blow to the head when he hit it on the dashboard really must have set him up for the worst. Though he had no idea what was going on around him, there was one thing still floating around inside his head before he blacked-out. Brendon. His smile, his touch, his kiss, his very presence. All magnificent and special to him. His eyes already closed, Ryan drifted into a dreamless, grey sleep. All of the doctors in the room were doing their very best to keep him alive as the disturbed guitarist slipped into a coma. They had concluded that the blow to the head was the cause, and that there wasn't much else that they could do, but watch him and hope for the best. His coma could last for hours, days.. Years, maybe? They didn't want to think negatively, but... Well, if it happened, it happened. Nothing they could do to stop it. They best they could do at the moment would be to keep an eye on him, so after stationing a nurse to stay by him, they left, all with grim looks upon them.

-Outside The Hospital-

Meanwhile, things were pretty quiet with Brendon and Keltie. Neither of them spoke very much. Keltie merely mumbled to herself while Brendon remained in his stiff position. With his head on his hands once again, he pondered what might be happening to his beloved Ryan right at this moment. What if he was screaming for him? What if Ryan needed him just for the support? Brendon's heart ached. He couldn't be there for his friend when he needed him the most. While Ryan was in pain, in fear, alone, Brendon couldn't be there. He had to be stuck outside, on a frozen bench with someone who probably wanted him dead at this point. He began to see life as unfair and cruel, a realization he had come across a long time, only he wished perhaps things had changed when Ryan confessed. He would get better, they would go home together, tell the guys, and everyone would be smiling. Heh. Dear Brendon was quite the dreamer. He could always see the silver lining in any situation... But not now. He was tired of hoping. It made him angry and sad to admit it, but he was. There was nothing. Nothing. His love for Ryan remained, but-..

"Bren..?" Keltie said suddenly. She had her head turned in Brendon's direction as she continued to lean up against the cold concrete wall. "You still with me here?"

Brendon's eyes opened wide, looking over at her. "Hm? Oh, ugh.. Yeah, I am." was all he said. "Listen.. Keltie.." he started, shifting in his position on the bench to fully face her. "About what I said earlier.. Ryan.." He had figured he had actually gone looking to get punched when he mentioned Ryan's name earlier, but Keltie interrupted him before he could apologize.

"Brendon," Keltie started, actually using his name instead of 'Urie' or the other six letter word, "Don't even say it. You shouldn't be apologizing. I realize now that you really were trying to help me... I just couldn't get my head around.. Why? Why would you want to help me, after all the shit I've put you through? The names, the blaming, the fights.."

Brendon smiled a bit. "Hey, it's all forgiven. You were upset. I just had to help. It's.. It's who I am." he said. Keltie's expression softened, and her gaze fell to the ground. Slowly, she peeled herself from the wall and made her way over to that she was standing in front of him, hand extended. "Wha-" he was about to ask, but Keltie, again, cut him off, with good reason.

"I'm not gonna sit out here while Ryan's in trouble. I'm getting myself inside. You want in?" she explained, not even having to think about Brendon's response. With a quick nod, he set his hand in hers and she lifted him up. And the two set off.

They began by slowly walking away while the nurse inside was talking to a fellow co-worker, making their way around the building, looking for any door that would lead them to where they wanted to go. With a shivering Keltie tagging behind him, Brendon looked into every window of every door, but found they were all misleading. He had an idea, and he was searching for something in particular. After another seven minutes, while looking into one of the rooms, he exclaimed, "AHA!", scaring Keltie out of her socks. Before she could ask, Brendon said one word. "Paperclip..?" Keltie blinked, then searched through her pockets. Luckily, and for some odd reason, she had one. She pulled it out and handed in to him. He bent it slightly, and set to work.

Exhaling, her breath visible in the air, Keltie began, “Bren, do you really think that's going to-"

Click.

"...Work?" she finished with a smile. "Damn, Brendon. Never knew you had it in you."

"Oh, you'd be surprised, my dear." Brendon said with a grin. Pocketing the used paper clip, he quietly and carefully opened the door, ushered Keltie inside first, before looking around outside and closing the door. He turned around. What lay inside the room were coats. Doctor's coats to be exact. Each with little name tags on them. Keltie had already caught on, so no questions there. "Now, just put one on, and maybe even grab a stethoscope to really convince 'em." Brendon said, handing a nurse's outfit to Keltie, and grabbing another doctor coat for himself. They both slipped them on, and, both nervous but backed by their need to be with Ryan, opened the door leading to the hall. They both casually walked out. Then stopped. They were already lost. "Shit... Any idea which hallway to take? 'Cause I don't see any room numbers." he said, hands on his hips.

With one look down the hallway to the left, Keltie breathed, "He's this way", and took off down the hall, with Brendon on her heels. The next few turns, Keltie didn't even warn Brendon there was a turn coming up, she just knew he would follow closely. And surprisingly, they weren't stopped by any nurses who were patrolling the halls. Though they did get funny looks for running through the hallways. Finally, Keltie stopped. And Brendon ran straight into her, almost knocking her to the floor. He mumbled a sorry, but Keltie was too distracted. Her eyes were wide and her face blank as she stared into room 2417. Without a word, she moved closer to the closed door, still peering through.. To see Ryan's sleeping form. She felt her eyes start to sting, but she stayed strong. She noticed there was a nurse watching over him. She also noticed it wasn't Nurse Delco, so, she took her chances and opened the door. Brendon hurried up and followed her inside as well. The nurse turned around instantly.

"Oh, good. I was wondering when I was going to get my break." she said softly, smiling towards Keltie and Brendon, who merely nodded. "I sure do hope he makes it out of this coma... I saw how upset some of his friends were." she finished, then nodded towards them and left the room. Keltie froze, her head hanging slightly. As much shock as Brendon was in, he knew that probably hit Keltie a bit harder than him.

"K-Keltie?" he said gently, stepping closer to her. Keltie gave a small squeak, and shed one, solemn tear. Then, she pulled herself from her spot and gently threw herself onto Ryan's motionless body, holding him close through the sheets. Brendon almost broke down himself. It was all becoming too much. This might be the very last time he ever saw Ryan... It wasn't fair. He had just learned that Ryan felt almost the same way as he did about him. It just wasn't fuckin' fair.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Love You [Prelude To Tragedy]-H.I.M.
Merry Christmas! Yes, I updated on Christmas. Virtual presents to you all who comment.^^
story's getting pretty intense now
can you actually pick a lock with a paper clip....? X-X lol
i was reading this morning, & this just kind of came to me
i'm glad for the 2 people who commented, & i'm also glad they liked it :P