Boy

Sept

"This is bullshit, Ryan," Eric said, cutting her off mid-sentence.

"Wh-what is?" she asked, confused.

"Do you realize that I've been here for two hours and all you've talked about is that creep that burned the school down?" he asked, aggravated.

"He did not burn the school down!" she yelled.

"Don't yell at me, Ryan!" he yelled back. He ran his fingers through his short, red hair and rubbed his face. "That's all you do lately, is defend him."

"I don't even know what you're talking about. I haven't even known him for more than a couple days." He rolled his eyes.

"Like that matters. Even before when we talked about him, you would be all 'He can't be that bad. He's probably nice and caring…'" he said, trying his best impression of a female voice.

"That doesn't even sound like me," she said, glaring at him.

"That's not the point!"

"You know what!?"

"What!?"

"I'm starting to wish I'd gone to the strip club."

Brandon was attempting to skip rocks in a big puddle in front of his trailer, and Ryan sat on the ground, watching him. She was wearing the same clothes she had on yesterday, for she'd just gone to bed the night before and sneaked out early in the morning to come here.

"I think he's jealous," he said, failing once again at skipping a rock.

"I guess that makes sense…he's never liked a girl." Brandon stopped and looked at her.

"That's not what I meant. I think he's jealous because he's known you for so long, yet he hasn't had to courage to tell you his true feelings. Then I come along, and we're soul mates. He can't handle it." Her eyes widened.

"No…he doesn't think that…"

"Trust me. I know he does." The look in his eyes when he said it told her that somehow, he did know it for a fact.

"So anyway…" he said, focusing his attention on rocks again. "You came back here after yesterday."

She nodded.

"You want to be with me then," he said, staring at the five pebbles he had floating mid-air above the puddle.

"Yeah…I do," she said, staring at them also, in awe.

"I knew you would realize it. I knew," he said, flashes of light suddenly dancing around in his green eyes.

Ryan just watched him then, playing with the rocks and soil surrounding him. Though she'd seen it before, she felt like witnessing this was brand new. Though intrigued and wanting to be more apart of it, part of her was afraid of just what he was capable of.