Boy

Huit

Ryan had her legs crossed and was sitting on Brandon's couch, watching the news. She'd yet to go home since she got there that morning, and she had no intentions on going soon, regardless of the fact that her mother would go ape-shit, for lack of a better term.

"Today, the body of Vino Calvados was found in the sewage system. Apparently the body had been decomposing for days…" A reporter on the television said, standing outside of the corner store. Ryan's eyes went wide and she sat on the edge of the couch.

"VINO!" Brandon looked up from the sandwich he was making at the kitchen counter.

"Who?" Ryan looked at him and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Vino! You know…Vino's Convenience Store…it's on the corner of…"

"Yeah, I know where it is. What about him?" If possible, her eyes went wider and she turned up the small television.

"The man owned a convenience store well-known by locals and would have been forty-six this coming Monday. There is no evidence as to how the man died, but considering the circumstances to which he was found, police have established it to be a murder." Ryan couldn't believe what she was hearing and wasn't sure if she should have been sad or just indifferent, considering they stole from the man.

She looked at Brandon, who stared at the screen and ate his sandwich.

"No evidence. How about that," he said, simply.

She nodded and sat back on the couch, still pretty shocked about it. She figured she would be for a while.

"Brandon?" He finished eating his sandwich and licked his fingers.

"Yes, love?" She took a second to blush at him calling her love as if this were the 1940's, and went on.

"Where's your grandmother?" He tensed.

"What?" She stood and went over to lean on the counter.

"Where's your grandmother? Remember you said she took care of you? You said--" He cut her off.

"She's on vacation."

"Vacation? To where?" she asked.

"To Hawaii."

"Hawaii!? I hear that costs a lot of money." He gave an aggravated sigh and walked around the counter to her.

"Did I ever show you where I sleep?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Well…no." He smiled and took her hand, beginning to lead her to the back of the trailer, through an extremely narrow hallway, if you could call it that, and to his room.

It was small, but in a cozy way, not cramped. It was simple too. The teal paint was chipping slightly in some places. The rooms contents consisted of nothing more than a bureau, a twin sized bed, and a night stand with a lamp on it. At least, from what was visible.

"It's not much, but I think this room will be pretty important one day." She sat on the bed and looked around.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Well…since we're going to be serious, I figured one day we would…make love? In here…" If it was not attached to her, her jaw would have fallen to the ground.

"I never though about it…" she said, after gathering herself.

"I know you're a virgin, which is why it would make the most sense if your first time was with me, since we belong together you know? I'm a virgin too."

"Wait…how did you know that?" she asked.

"Know what?"

"That I'm a virgin? Can you read minds too?" He stared at her for a few seconds.

"I should be getting you home, babe. Your mom's worried when you're gone all the time."