Swallowed in Grief, Healed by Time

When Some Fail, While Other Men Seem to Gain, My F

"Do I even want to know?" I asked the doctor pulled the papers from her file.

"Sweetheart, you need to know," Brian whispered pulling me into a tight hug.

"I know, but I don't want to know," I whispered. "I really don't want to."

Brian looked up at the doctor who was looking over with slight tears in her eyes and I knew the news wasn't good. She gently handed the paper to Brian but I refused to look at it. I buried my face in his chest wanting nothing to do with the currant situation.

"Oh god," Brian said as his arms tightened around me. "Shit!"

"I'm so sorry," the doctor whispered. "I'll get everything she will need together and you can be on your way. I'm sure you want to get out of here as quickly as possible."

"Thank you," Brian sighed.

Brian pulled me closer to him and I felt my tears wet his shirt. They hadn't told me the news but based on both of their reactions I don't want to know. I didn't what to know in the first place but now it's even worse.

"Sweetheart," Brian said running his hand gently through my hair.

"I don't want to know," I whispered. "Please don't tell me."

"God, I wish your mother was still alive for this," Brian said pulling me tightly to him.

"Oh god," I whispered. "I'm pregnant aren't I?"

"Ah baby girl," Brian whispered. "We're going to take care of this."

"I can't get an abortion," I protested. "I'll give the kid up for adoption but they deserve to be born and given a chance."

"I wasn't suggesting an abortion," Brian whispered. "I was meaning that we are going to take care of both you and the child."

"Just one?" I whispered.

"As far as they can tell now," Brian whispered.

"Are we going to tell the guys?" I questioned not entirely sure I wanted them to know.

"Baby girl they are going to have to find out at some point. Maybe not today but they will need to know," Brian said.

"I don't want to tell them today," I whispered.

"I understand," Brian whispered. "But we will have to tell them at some point."

"Just please let me grasp this first," I begged.

"Of course baby, I'll be with you the whole time. I'm not letting you go through this alone," Brian whispered. "I love you baby girl."

"I love you too daddy," I whispered wiping my tears away as the doctor came back over with several bottles of pills.

"Make sure she takes one of these a day for the whole time. Once they are out just take them to another clinic to get refills," the doctor said with a soft smile.

"I hate taking pills," I complained.

"She will take them," Brian said. "I'll make sure of it."

"Thank you," the doctor said. "I suggest you use the back door by the way. I saw a few people with cameras standing around out front."

"Shit!" Brian said. "That's just great!"

"I can go out without you and they won't notice anything," I suggested. "I'll get the car and bring it around back."

"I'm not letting you go out there along," Brian protested.

"I'll be fine," I told him.

"You're pregnant," Brian said.

"That doesn't mean I'm helpless. At least let's do this now while only a few are here then we can get out of here quicker," I suggested. "I just want to get back to the bus."

"Alright, go get the car," Brian sighed handing me the keys as I gave him my best puppy dog face. "I'm going to have to become immune to that."

"You have a long hard road ahead of you on that one," the doctor smiled.

"I know," Brian huffed.

Quickly I took the keys from him and ran out to the car with my bag of pills. There were a few reports around but none of them really paid me any mind as I was a teenage girl walking out of a free clinic. Nothing strange there. So I turned the car on and quickly drove around to the back to pick up my father. He pushed me out of the drivers seat and into the passengers seat just as a news van pulled up. A frantic look passed over his face before he floored it out of the small back alleyway. We made it away safely and I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding. Brian reached over and grabbed my hand in his as he smiled at me.

"Everythings going to be ok sweetheart," Brian whispered. "I'm going to take care of you."

"I know," I whispered. "I know."

"I love you Brianna Elise," dad whispered.

"I love you too dad," I told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments??? you finally know so there should be lots of comments to be had.