Swallowed in Grief, Healed by Time

I'll Be With You Here Until The End

Dad and I made it safely back to the venue in one piece. The reports hadn't taken a picture of either of us, though somehow they knew we were there. I think dad's more worried about how they knew we were there, rather than if they got a picture. He won't explain why though. I knew there was something he was afraid of but he was very closed lip about anything.

"Elise, why don't you head to the bunks," dad said as we parked by the bus. "You need to get some rest."

"But I want to go to the show tonight," I protested.

"You are not going to the show," dad said quickly.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Because you're pregnant and a rock show is no place for a pregnant girl," dad explained.

"Dad, I wasn't planning on going into the mosh pit. Just stand backstage and watch you guys," I said. "What's wrong with that?"

"You could still get hurt," dad said.

"I got in a car didn't I?" I questioned.

"What's that got to do with anything?" dad asked.

"I could've gotten hurt here too," I said.

"Don't be a smart ass," dad said.

"Don't be overprotective," I exclaimed.

"If Braden, Zander and Derek are there with you, then you can stay in the back," dad said.

"Dad, the boys aren't going to watch some silly girl backstage," I told him.

"Then I guess you aren't going," dad said.

"Please?" I asked switching plans and using the puppy dog look.

"The puppy dog look will not make me change my mind," dad said looking away from me so he couldn't see my face.

"Daddy please," I pouted turning my look to the kicked puppy look.

"Alright fine," dad sighed as he saw my face. "But you will stay backstage where I can see you the entire time."

"Of course daddy," I said trying desperately to hide my smirk.

We got out of the car and I quickly went onto the bus to change. Braden, Derek and Zander were in the bunk room for the kids so I just grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom. All the guys wanted to know where I had been, but I just said that I had been out with dad. Of course, when I said dad that stopped them in their tracks to. Derek and Zander took to it ok after a few seconds but Braden just kept staring at me, knowing that something wasn't right. No doubt, I will have to tell my brother everything but then again he deserves to know. He is my brother after all, my twin brother. I think he deserves to know that in nine months he'll be an uncle. God, that's a scary thought.

"You ok there?" dad asked as I sat down beside him in the living room area of the bus.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"What's up?" dad asked.

"I'm going to make Braden an uncle," I whispered. "And you a grandfather. Holy shit, I'm making Synyster Gates a grandfather."

"Hey," dad whispered pulling me into a hug. "It's going to be alright. I know this didn't happen by your choosing in any way."

"Daddy?" I whispered.

"What baby girl?" dad asked.

"What if Aaron finds us?" I asked.

"Then I'll kill him," dad said as though it was nothing.

"Dad," I said looking up at him.

"Baby girl I have wanted my shot at him ever since he was a threat to your mother. Now he thinks he can threaten my children, well he's got another thing coming," dad said harshly. "I'm not losing you two like I lost her."

"Didn't she leave you?" I questioned.

"Because she was afraid Aaron would hurt one of us," dad said. "We would've been able to protect her so much better had she stayed."

"I wish she had stayed," I whispered.

"I do too baby girl," dad said gently kissing the top of my head. "I do too."

Dad and I stayed and discussed things for a while until he had to go to sound check. I followed like an obedient daughter and stayed within his sight then entire time. The guys were wondering why he was being so protective but they didn't question it. Braden, Derek and Zander soon joined me backstage and we all watched them warm up. Derek and Zander formed their own little mosh pit while Braden stuck very close to me. He knew something was going on, he just wasn't sure what.

"Are you alright?" Braden asked while the other two just ignored us.

"I'll be fine," I told him.

"I know something's going on Elise," Braden stated. "What is it?"

"You can't freak out," I said.

"That's never a good way to start the conversation," Braden said.

"Dad took me to a free clinic today," I whispered looking down at the ground.

"Oh god," Braden whispered. "What happened?"

"Braden," I said not able to look at him.

"Did Aaron give you something?" Braden asked.

"Kinda," I whispered.

"Shit!" Braden whispered. "What did he give you?"

"Braden, I'm pregnant," I whispered.

"You're what!" Braden yelled.

"Pregnant," I whispered trying to sink back into myself.

"Oh my god," Braden yelled.

"Braden please," I whispered as Derek and Zander looked over at us. "I don't want anyone to know."

"How are you going to hide something like that Elise?" Braden hissed.

"This isn't my fault," I yelled at him.

"Maybe if you'd have fought harder this wouldn't have happened," Braden growled. "People are going to think you're a whore now."

"Braden," I said shocked that he would ever say such a thing to me. "Please, I need you right now."

"Elise, I can't deal with this right now," Braden said as he turned and walked away.

My brother walked away me. Tears built up in my eyes as Derek and Zander looked between us. I shook my head and slowly lowered myself to the floor gently placing my hands on my stomach. Already this child is causing complications and it's only a few weeks old.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh no :( thoughts?