Tomorrow May Never Come

In Love

Zack couldn't believe his eyes a few days later when he met up with Kate after getting out of work, as they normally did. She had a devilish little grin on her lips and looked better than he had ever seen her before. To put it shortly, he thought she looked stunning.

"Whoa, Kate. What's going on?" he asked, smiling at her as she bowed her head and blushed. "You look beautiful." Eyes widening when Kate chuckled, flashing a real smile at him, Zack was shocked. "And now you're laughing! Wow...I mean, where's the Kate I know?"

"Oh, shut up," Kate said playfully, hitting Zack on the shoulder before they started to walk. After a few steps, Kate she looped her arm through Zack's. "You should know that whenever I'm with you, I'm happy."

"How sweet," Zack cooed, looking down at Kate who looked like she was suddenly in thought, biting her lip. "What is it?"

"Zack...can I ask you something?"

"What's to ask?" Zack replied. "My answer is 'yes'."

Confused, Kate looked up at him. "Huh?"

Smiling and shaking his head, Zack shrugged. "Nevermind. Ask."

Taking a breath, Kate paused. "Has it ever happened to you...that at first you didn't like someone at all. And then suddenly you like that someone a little...and then a lot? And then..."

"Then?" Zack pressed, wanting to know where she was headed considering he felt the same way about someone as well.

"...You know what I mean," Kate chuckled.

"Why are you asking me all this?" Zack asked as they waited to cross at a busy intersection.

"Just...because," Kate brushed off.

"Just because?"

"Mhm," she smiled cheekily.

"Oh, come on. Tell me," Zack said, nudging her with his elbow. He really wanted to know what she was talking about.

"I can't. I have to go meet Dani," Kate answered suddenly, and as soon as the coast was clear she dashed across the intersection, leaving Zack standing alone. Rubbing the back of his neck, Zack sighed as he watched her leave.

"At least hear my answer," he mumbled to himself.

It seemed that over the course of only a few weeks, something had happened. Yes, something had surely happened. Kate had fallen in love. And so had Zack.

In the past few days they both felt as if everything had changed. Everything seemed new to them. Kate couldn't stop thinking about him. Zack couldn't stop thinking about her. They felt like they were always in a good mood, that nothing could ever bring them down.

Yes, something had surely happened.

Later that very same day, across town, Brian and Michelle had met once again to try and work out the situation they were currently stuck in.

"So, I was thinking-" Michelle started to say, but she was cut off when she heard Brian's cell phone go off.

"Hold on just a second," he said hurriedly, answering his phone. "Hello?"

"I love her," Zack said on the other line, not even bothering with a 'hi'.

"...What?" Brian asked, taken completely by surprise with his new friend.

"Can't you hear!?" Zack asked excitedly. He couldn't control it anymore. "I love Kate. I really do."

"Dude, where are you?" Brian asked and he stopped walking, causing Michelle to sigh. She knew that once again their meeting would get cut short and they'd never get down to more pressing matters.

"At my place," Zack answered.

"Okay...I'll be there in a few. Bye." Hanging up his phone, Brian pocketed it and turned to Michelle. "Mich, I have to go."

"Go where?" she sighed, crossing her arms.

"Something important has come up," Brian said, avoiding the subject in detail.

"Bri, what could possibly be more important than this?"

"I'll tell you later, okay? I'm sorry," he answered.

"Brian-"

"I love you, okay?" he said quickly, kissing Michelle on the cheek before he ran off, heading in the direction of Zack's apartment.

Meanwhile, Kate and Danielle were busy shopping in the Manhattan area, completely unawares of everything else that was going on.

"I love him. Danielle, I really love him. I didn't think this would ever happen to me, you know?" Kate gushed, biting her lip as Danielle smiled. "Especially with him. I mean, at first I used to get angry with everything he did...but now, I love those same things. I can't stop thinking about him, and I keep feeling like...like he's always with me wherever I go..."

"Oh God, Kate," Danielle said excitedly, sipping on her latte.

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?" Kate asked, looking away as she blushed. Even while they were apart, she could feel the crazy butterflies in her stomach just by the mere thought of him.

"No, you're not crazy, Kate. That's just what love is! This is so exciting! You're in love, and I'm in love!" Danielle practically squealed.

"I know! But...what should I do now?"

"What do you mean, what should you do!?" Brian asked Zack as he watched the younger man pace around the apartment. "You go and tell her, that's what!"

"It's not that easy, Dani. I mean, I don't even know if he feels the same way about me..." Kate muttered.

"Unless you tell her, how are you going to know, man? Come on, Zack. Just go and tell her. Be a man," Brian said gruffly, walking past Zack and hitting him hard in the stomach. With a sharp intake of breath, Zack doubled over, trying to breathe as the wind was knocked out of him. "Oh...Sorry..." Brian apologized.

"Just tell him, Kate. Even I'm going to tell Frankie that I love him. You should do it!"

"Tell her!" Brian said excitedly.

"Tell him!"

"I can't tell her!" Zack replied.

"Yes you can," Brian said, trying to coax him into picking up the phone.

"Tell him, Kate!" Danielle pressed, and the two stopped right by a payphone on the street. Kate looked at the metal box cautiously. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest.

"Seriously...just tell her how you feel, dude," Brian said, picking up the phone and holding it out to Zack, who just stared at it. Sighing, Brian rolled his eyes, and the phone rang, causing him to jump, nearly throwing the phone across the room. "Shit!"

Quickly, Zack grabbed the phone from Brian and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hi Zack," Kate said on the other end.

"Kate! Uhhh..."

"Shoulda called her first, man," Brian whispered over Zack's shoulder.

"Zack, I want to ask you something. And...tell you something, too," Kate said, and Zack swallowed hard, his heart pounding harder than it had before.

"I want to ask you something too," he answered, smiling uncontrollably despite his nerves.

"Yeah?" Kate asked. "Tell me."

"Not like this...Meet me at Water's Edge, at four?" Zack asked, and after receiving an affirmative answer, he hung up the phone. "Yes! Finally! Today man... Today I'm going to say what I feel. I love you, Brian," Zack said excitedly, hugging Brian.

Seeing Janette come into the room from over Zack's shoulder, Brian smirked. "I love you, too," he said.

"Thank you so much, you're the best!" Zack said, pulling away, and Brian started to make kissy faces at Zack until Janette scurried out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

"...What was that?" Zack asked, having not seen Janette enter.

"I have no idea. I didn't hear a thing..." Brian answered cheekily. "I have to get going though; I've got a few things to take care of."

"Shit, yeah! I have to go get ready. Again, thank you Brian, you're a lifesaver!" Zack shouted as he dashed through the apartment toward the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know. But like I said, this is where things REALLY start to kick off. It always seems to be halfway points in stories that really is where things start happening.
Next chapter is the best yet though lol

oxo