This Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

Chapter 4

Gerard

Bella and I were sitting on my couch, laughing our asses off. I had pulled out all our old yearbooks, and we were making fun of all our pictures.

"Seriously, Gee, what were you thinking with that hair?!" Bella laughed.

I scoffed.

"That looked good on me! Plus... Mom picked it out."

The picture in question was my 6th grade picture.

"Gee, it looked like a black cat climbed on your head and hacked up the worst hairball ever!"

"Hey!" I screeched.

She laughed, and I tackled her, tickling her mercilessly.

"St-st-stop it! I'm gonna piss myself!" she cackled.

I stopped, and looked down at her, my body positioned over her. She was grinning, chest heaving, trying to catch her breath. My face grew serious, and Bella's smile faded. I began lowering myself eyes half-closed, as were hers, and bent my head to kiss her.

"Knock, knock! The party has arrived!" Frank shouted, coming in the front door.

Bella and I jumped up just before Frankie, Ray, Mikey, and Bob made it into the living room.

"Izzy!" they screamed.

I was irritated and disappointed. Why did things always work like that?

Bella

Frankie always had the worst timing ever. Just a few moments later, and Gerard and I would have indulged in the sweetest, most innocent kiss. I caught Gee's eye over Ray's head, and he sent me an apologetic look, a weak smile.

I shrugged and returned the smile. What could you do, right? I just hoped that we would have time to discuss what was going on between us later.

Oh, not that I would initiate the conversation. I've always been terribly shy, even when my own shyness irritates the hell out of me.

"How long has it been, Izzy?" Frank asked.

I smiled at the nickname. I was somehow comforted, knowing that Gee would be the only to call me Bella.

"A little over 6 years, I think. You guys took off, straight out of high school, never really looking back. You know, I saw you in concert, once."

A puzzled look played its way across Gee's face.

"Really?"

"Mmmhmm."

"Why didn't you come backstage?"

"Oh, you guys were busy and swamped. It was so crowded back there! I tried to tell security to let you know I was there, but they just waved me away. I mean, I was disappointed, but it couldn't be helped. The show was absolutely amazing, though. You guys knew what you were doing without any previous experience. I was proud to say I knew you."

I'd meant the last part for the entire band, but was looking directly at Gee, smiling brightly.

'We'll talk later,' he mouthed.

I knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Now it's time to get serious.

I DON'T write these stories so they can sit here and look pretty. I really don't.

I DO write these stories for YOU, the readers. I write them for your enjoyment and your entertainment.

I also write them for the feedback. That's all I ask for in return. I take time out of my day to write these. I could just not post them, you know.

I'm not going to try to force anyone to comment and subscribe, but it is greatly appreciated.

And, if you DO subscribe, please comment letting me know you did so I can personally thank you.

Thanks.