‹ Prequel: Rock Star Father
Status: On hiatus for now, most likely to be left unfinished.

My Teenage Romance

You're Home!

At the end of the day I strolled home with an armful of presents my friends had given me. I received a card from all of them and an MCR belt I’d wanted for AGES from Katie, chocolate and a black studded choker from Rupert, or Purt as I call him; a black, stuffed toy bat I named Gerard from Donna, Bianca gave me a bottle of black nail polish, an Aiden CD, and a chain to attach to my mobile and then wear round my neck so I won’t loose it! Angel gave me an MCR poster, Quinn gave me a lovely black beanie which I wore home, and Jack treated me with some amazing CDs – ‘Chicago’ soundtrack, ‘Avenue Q’ soundtrack, AFI CD and a Rufus Wainwright album which had ‘Hallelujah’ on it!

Arriving in the hallway I yelled, while closing the door, “Nana! Joe! I’m home!” and began humming ‘Hallelujah’. God I love that song! I screamed and, putting down my things, went and hugged the shiz outta him when I saw my dad, the one and only Gerard Way step out of the kitchen. He, like me was grinning.

“Holy muffins I haven’t seen you in so long! And your new hair!!!! Holy shiz!” I exclaimed. He grinned even more and said,
“You’ve changed as well! You turned your fringe into bangs – which look really cool, by the way – nice beanie, where’d you get it?”
“Birthday present from my boyfriend.” I explained, smiling.
“YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?! Okay, you HAVE to fill me in with everything!”

We virtually skipped into the living room and sat on one of the comfy, navy blue sofas. “What do you want to know first?” I asked him.
“Ummm…your boyfriend!” Gerard replied.
“Well… we met the day after you pitched the idea of me living here, along with all my other friends, and he asked me out November 10th this year. I said yes and… well, that’s it really.” I explained, smiling at the memory of Quinn asking me out. He’d been really shy and stuttered and mumbled and left words out of his sentences, making the question sound like, “Go-me-will-you-with-please?” and it took me a minute to figure out what he was saying! He’s really sweet though and amazingly thoughtful, he’s great!

“So what about you! I mean, I know about The Black Parade and all that stuff, but….” I asked him.
“Well, I’ve got a girlfriend now-” He was cut off by my squealing and hugging him.
“I knew it! Is her name Eliza Cuts??” I queried.
“How the fuck did you know that?!” Gerard exclaimed.
“Meh, there were rumours going around you two for ages. I just guessed, I mean, there aren’t many other people it could be.” I shrugged. He gave an angry look and opened his mouth to begin a rant, but stopped, smiling instead.

“Anyway… happy birthday!” Gerard grinned, producing a package from behind his back. It was wrapped in indigo paper which I tore off excitedly. She squealed and hugged Gerard tightly when I saw a pair of MCR Chucks. They were black with the cover of ‘I’m Not Okay (Pt. 1)’ (the single) on them, and had red ribbons as laces.
“THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!” I yelled. He then gave me a red envelope that I also tore open. It was a card, and on the front there was a caricature-style drawing of Princess Leia holding a microphone, and then what looked like me holding a lightsaber. There was a caption that said, “Hang on… something’s not right here, but I can’t put my finger on it!” in the bottom corner there was ‘G-Way’ scrawled untidily. I grinned, ecstatic.
“Go on, open it!” my dad prompted. I obliged and gasped when I saw the inside. It had messages written by all five of the guys, plus Alicia, Jamia, and Gerard’s girlfriend Eliza.

Hey,
Happy b-day, hope u have fun! You can go in the mosh pit now!! Woo!
Frankie
xxxx


Hi, you don’t know me but I’m dating your dad! Hope u have a great day,
Eliza <:D


Happy birthday! Hugs and coffee,
Mikey x~x~x


Hope you get stuff as cool as you! Luv Jamia xxx

Keep on rockin’! From Ray xxx

Hey, I’m your aunt-to-be and I hope your birthday’s as fabulous as you sound! Alicia xxx

Bob wishes you all the best in the present and future and hopes to see you soon! XXX

Hope your birthday is as amazing as you are, even though it could never come close! Love ya, kid,
Gerard
XOXO
” the messages read. I grinned, tears forming in my eyes. Oh my God, I’m emotional.

I hugged the amazing being that is my father and muttered thanks over and over. He smiled and ruffled my hair (I took off my new beanie when I first saw him). I was really emotional.