Math Class

It's a Game

“So Natalie, what are your Thanksgiving plans?” Robbie asked Natalie, but she ignored him. Not giving up, he asked again, “Are you doing anything over Thanksgiving break?”

Still no response. Robbie furrowed his brow, then smoothed it out and asked yet another question.

“Is it truly that unbearable to talk to me?” He asked bravely, as if he didn’t care what the answer could be.

“Yeah,” Natalie answered, board. Robbie remained unfazed.

“What if I wrote everything I said out on paper and gave it to you?” He asked.

Silence.

“What if I typed it out on my calculator and showed it to you? He tried.

“It would still be annoying, Robbie,” Natalie responded, barely glancing over at the eager boy.

“Are you sure about that?” He asked.

“Whatever,” Natalie responded, completely shutting him out.

“Hey Natalie!” a girl from across the room called, “Want a tic tac?”

“Sure!” Natalie responded, jumping up from her desk to talk to the girl, leaving Robbie behind.

It was if it was a game to him, as if it didn’t matter how many times she rejected him, as long as he felt that she didn’t truly hate him.

And she didn’t really hate him; that much was obvious.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one happened today. Thanksgiving break starts Wednesday =P

comments?

Peace&Love, Erin