Just Arrived in Marina Del Ray

Just Arrived in Marina Del Ray

Welcome to Marina del Ray!! At least that's what the sign read. I turned the corner sharply pulling into the driveway of my new home.

I sighed to myself, I felt like I was on another planet. I slowly climbed out of my Volvo.

I carried my small suitcase into the house then looked around,"Home, sweet home."

I shook my head to myself and plopped down ont the small loveseat. I was just getting comfortable with the silence when a loud knock signaled someone was at the door. I've been here 5 minutes and I already have visitors, I thought to myself.

I opened the door to be blinded by a bright sun...much different than New York. My eyes slowly adjusted to the very tall person standing in my door way. I looked up at him,

"Hi."

The person sent a bright smile down at me,"Hi, I'm Pau. Have you happened to see a dog running around here?"

I laughed to myself,"No, I actually just arrived in Marina del Ray."

He nodded then lazily leaned against the door frame with a slight smirk dancing across his face. He was dressed in a beige t-shirt and dark jeans with white nikes.

"Hmm..well I'd love to show you around..I didn't catch your name."

I ruffled my hair then straightened my shirt a nervous habit of mine.

"Patricia, but you can call me Pat."

He nodded his head,"Okay, Pat so I would love to show you around sometime."

I smiled; My mind was slowly forgetting all the heartache because of New York just because of this one conversation. Yep, I must be losing my mind.

"That sounds great,Pau."

He smiled another bright smile when I spoke his name.

"Great,umm so here's my number."

He wrote it on the palm of my hand then smiled down at me again.

"Goodbye Patricia."

I smiled back, "Bye Pau."

I closed the door after he had left then slid down the door so I was sitting on the floor. I stared at the number as my face broke in a giant grin.
Maybe Marina Del Ray wasn't such a bad idea after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's short... well very very short.
However, I think it's sweet and I hope you like it Pat.