Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

There Is An Engine In My Body

It's pretty much pointless to try to sleep on a bus filled with six highly active boys, but I was trying none the less. I mentally sighed as I heard the curtain for my bunk being pulled away. I swear I can't get two minutes alone unless they're all sleeping and of course that's at the time that I can't sleep. Naturally.

However, a smile formed on my lips once I felt the body ease itself into the bunk and heard him close the curtain behind him. His arms wrapped around me and I felt his lips lightly on the back of my neck.

"Adele, babe?" He cooed into my ear and my smile widened.

"I'm not sleeping." I muttered and heard his low chuckle before he pressed his lips against my jaw. "It's practically impossible when Austin is declaring his victory every five minutes." As if on cue, Austin started yelling about how he'd whipped Caleb's butt at some video game they were playing. I felt him laugh again and couldn't help but join in.

"I guess that is kinda hard to sleep through." He whispered and I flipped over onto my other side in his arms so I could look at him. "Did you get any rest?" He was worried. I couldn't exactly fathom why, I mean loss of sleep never caused death, right? It just made me irresistibly tired and a little bit irritable at times.

"No." I answered honestly. No point in lying at this point, he could probably see the truth anyway under my eyes. His concerned expression deepened and I hated it. I hated anytime something replaced that amazing smile of his. "Don't worry, I'll catch some sleep when you guys go on stage. The bus will be nice and quiet." I smiled and lightly placed a kiss on his lips. He didn't kiss back and I pulled back in confusion His frown was more pronounced.

"You're not gonna be able to sleep then either because of the interview you're about to go do." He explained and my eyes rolled as a reflex. I hated interviews. They always made me nervous, especially when I had to do them alone.

"I don't have to do it." I pouted and laid my head down on his chest, snuggling into him.

"Sorry babe, but you do have to do it." He started to run his hands through my hair and I closed my eyes. "It shouldn't take long so how about afterwords you can come back to the bus and I'll have the guys go to the signing early. Sound good?" He pulled back a little to look down at me. I held my pout in place for a few moments and then smiled a little.

"I guess." I mumbled and he grinned, making me smile wider.

"Good." He leaned down to kiss me again and then started to pull away. "Now come on." He grabbed my hand as he slid out of the bunk and turned to me, waiting for me to follow. I groaned and got out, stepping on someones shoes in the process.

"Ah! She's awake!" Austin yelled in fake horror. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom, grabbing my duffel bag on the way.

After about ten minutes, I exited the tiny cramped bathroom in fresh clothes and a little bit of makeup, with my hair pulled up into a ponytail. The boys were back on the couch, playing another game with guns, and I sauntered over to give Kyle a kiss before I left the bus.

"Do you mind not doing that in front of the rest of us?" Kent asked sarcastically as he entered the room. I was about to snap at him, but Kyle beat me to it and placed his hands at the back of my head, keeping me in the kiss. I smiled into it and he finally let me go.

"Bye babe." He grinned at his genius maneuver and I shook my head as I slid on my flip flops.

"Bye Adele!" Austin yelled as my hand grasped the door handle.

"Later." I called over my shoulder and stepped out of the nice, air conditioned bus, and into the hot, musky outside. How wonderful, and bright. I squinted as I remembered my sunglasses laying on the dashboard of the bus. Today was going to be peachy, I could already tell.

"Need these?" I looked to my left and saw Jonathan leaning against the bus with my Fendi sunglasses on. I glared at him and he grinned as he took them off and handed them to me.

"Thanks." I placed them on my face and relieved my eyes from the heavy glare of the sun. I started to walk in the direction I was guessing the interview would be and noticed Jonathan tagging along.

"Where you going?" He asked curiously and I glanced over. Jonathan had never been one to care about fashion, but it intrigued me to see him with jacket and scarf in ninety degree weather.

"Interview." I answered and tried to hide my smile. He caught it, of course, and smiled with me.

"Oh yeah." He pointed at me. "That behind the bands thing, right?" I nodded and felt my cheeks redden. I usually didn't do to well at interviews and this one was making me nervous the closer I got to it. "Eh, you'll do fine." He shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"Jonathan, you and I both know I always choke up at these." I shook my head as I saw the AMP tent already up and ready. "I don't know why Kyle keeps signing me up for them."

"It's pretty obvious." Jonathan muttered. I stopped walking and turned to him.

"What do you mean 'it's pretty obvious'?" I crossed my arms and noticed his uneasy expression.

"He's just." Jonathan seemed to be looking for a certain word, and avoiding me at all costs. His eyes roamed the field that would soon be filled with tons of people at all ages. "Proud." He decided and my eyebrows raised.

"Proud?" I repeated him. "Proud that last time I puked all over the interviewer?" He smiled briefly, remembering the scene, but then suppressed it.

"Proud that your his." He finally brought his eyes to mine. I saw the twinge of sadness in his. "He likes to brag about you, and this." He quickly broke the eye contact and gestured to the AMP tent. "Is just another way to do it."

"I count these as humiliations, not show and tells." I sighed and felt my pout reforming on my face. Jonathan shook his head.

"You'll do fine Adele." He stepped closer to hug me and I squeezed him back. "I'll see you back at the bus." He pulled away and started to walk backwards in the direction we'd just come.

"Unless I faint and make a pit stop at the hospital!" I yelled after him. He seemed unphased as he laughed and waved before turning around and walking away. I would have to face the evilness of reporters alone. I turned to the tent again and sighed. Why hadn't I just stayed home?
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, another new story is so not what i need to focus on, but i couldn't help it.
i've fallen in a deep whole labeled LOVE with forever the sickest kids.
promise it gets better ; ] three comments = next chapter.

tittle credit;; Do What You Do;; Cute Is What We Aim For;;