Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

My Hands Around Your Throat

Every step toward the pool filled me with more dread than the previous one. I made it nonetheless, and upon my arrival my adorably sweet boyfriend that I was about to break his heart, jumped out and ran to greet me.

“Adele, babe, where have you been?” He dramatically yelled at me and threw his arms around me, picking me up and twirling the two of us till he started to sway from his own dizziness. “I got nervous when we left and you weren’t on the bus with us.”

“Yeah, I went for a walk but Mark came and picked me up.” My excuse was lame and pathetic, but he nodded as if it made perfect sense.

“Why aren’t you in your cute little bikini?” Kyle gave me that playful smirk and his hands settled on my hips, lightly squeezing them. “Don’t you wanna come in the pool with me?” He started to give me his big blue puppy eyes that made me melt, and the cold from his wet hands sent a shiver up my back.

“I need to talk to you.” The sentence fell out and the corners of his mouth tilted downward in a slight frown that never looked quite right on him. He always deserved to be giving his wide grin.

“About what, babe? You okay?” His hands immediately left my hips to cup my face and make me look him in the eyes, as if saying this wasn’t hard enough. His expression was overly worried now, already going into overly loving and caring boyfriend mode.

“Um, I’m fine.” I managed to smoothly remove my chin from his gentle hands and stare at our feet. “It’s actually about us.” I mumbled, praying he didn’t hear me, but also hating I’d have to repeat it if he didn’t.

“Us?” His face scrunched up in his cute confused expression. He had no clue this was coming, and why should he? Everything has always been perfect between us, with regular arguments and fights, but nothing like this.

“I think we should take a break.” I exhaled really fast, again hoping he couldn’t hear me. Kyle’s face stayed confused, if not more so. His eyebrows scrunching together, his eyes clouding with worry, his mouth turning down further. All the effects made it that much harder.

“A break?” He repeated, and I just barely nodded. “A..a…break.” He whispered the last word and shook his head slowly. “I don’t understand, did I do something, is something wrong?” His hands grabbed mine and I could feel the cold dread in him.

“Of course not,” I gave him a small smile. “You’re perfect, Mr. Kyle Burns.” My smile slowly got a little bit bigger as I tried to make him smile a little too. “It’s just, I need to clear my head a bit.” I finished, not completely satisfied with the way it sounded.

“You’re not happy with me.” He was thinking of all the possibilities that could lead to this, and eventually he’d stumble across the right one. I couldn’t stick around for that.

“No, Kyle, I promise it has nothing to do with you. You are amazing, and I love you with every bit of me.” My hand instinctively placed itself on his chest as his eyes glistened. There was no way I’d be able to watch if a tear fell from those gorgeous blue eyes.

“If you love me, then why do we need to take a break?” His voice cracked and I realized how close I was to caving, to telling him I was only joking, to giving in to him. I had to walk away now.

“I just have to clear my head, give me a few days, okay?” I pulled my hand away and finally looked up into his pretty eyes. There was one tear that had escaped from his right eye, and it hurt to see it, and to know I caused it. He looked away from me and I felt a pang in my chest. I didn’t want to hurt him, but keeping things the way they were would probably hurt him worst.

“It doesn’t seem I have much of a choice.” Kyle’s tone came out a little bitter and cold, two things that were never in the same context with his name, ever. He sighed before bringing his eyes back to meet mine. “Just don’t be long,” he sounded broken, and pulled me close to him, squishing what little breath I had out of my lungs. “I do love you Adele.” He cupped my face once more and I felt the tears finally fall from my own eyes as I noticed he’d wiped his away already. His thumbs gently spread across my cheeks, smearing the tears and bringing my face closer to his. “Please don’t take to long,” he pleaded and closed that gap in between us, crashing his lips with my own. The passion and love behind his lips made my head swim with confusion. Why would I give this man, that was so in love with me and I with him, up on some odd whim?

Problem was I couldn’t come up with a clear answer. It just felt like I had to do it.

I pulled away first, and watched as his blue eyes filled with things like regret and disappointment. I turned before either of us said something we shouldn’t, and headed back for the hotel room. I’d need to grab my things and find some place to hide for the next few days. There was no way I’d be able to see Kyle for a while after what I just did, or any of the guys for that matter. I quickly grabbed my packed duffel that was on the bed and snatched my phone from the nightstand, heading out of the hotel in a few minutes after the worst decision I’ve ever made.

I opened my cell and scanned through my contacts for somebody I could bum off of for the next few days as I felt the awfulness brewing within me, and outside of me.

Things were about to change, a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short loves : [ this one made me cry when I wrote it
but I hope you all enjoy and COMMENT!

title credit;; Until The Day I Die;; Story Of The Year;;