Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

I've Got The Gift Of One Liners

Image

Loud crashes and voices woke me up. The boys were apparently back from signing and causing chaos, like usual, up front. I looked over to the side to see Alex was inches from my face. I had that urge to kiss him again, but I ignored it as I carefully and quietly slipped out of the bunk, making sure not to interrupt his peacefully sleeping.

“Oh my god Zack! You’re arms are so muscle!” Jack’s voice was shrill and high-pitched, like he was pretending to be a girl. Even I winced at his tone as I exited the bunk area and came to the front to see him laying his hands on Zack’s bicep.

“Okay, fruit loops.” I made my voice stern without raising it too much. “Keep the voices down while Alex sleeps.” I pointed at Jack and then Zack and then Rian and then Matt, making sure each one knew I was serious.

“Yes mom.” Jack whispered while he saluted me. Five seconds later he was back to ogling over Zack but trying to whisper in his girl voice.

“Holy shit,” Matt muttered as he stood up from the couch, quickly coming over to me with eyes as wide as marbles. “You just got Jack to listen to you the first time you said it, that’s like practically impossible!” He was whisper yelling at me as he hugged me tight. “How the hell did you do that?”

“Uh, I don’t know?” I shrugged and gave him a small smile.

“You are my hero from here on out.” Matt was still staring at me in awe, making me fidget a little. “I love you, will you marry me?” The giggles bubbled from my throat and I had to cover my mouth to stifle them.

“Matty, I love you too but I am so not ready for marriage.” I patted his shoulder as he almost seemed to be truly disappointed. I shook my head and left the boys to themselves, now that they were being quiet, going back to the bunk area. I grabbed fresh clothes and locked myself in the bathroom. After changing, I brushed my teeth and hair, putting my hair up in a messy bun and applying a bit of eyeliner. I sprayed myself with my cotton candy spray to try and cover up the smell that was with no doubt growing on me since I hadn’t gotten to take a shower the last time we’d stopped at a hotel.

I exited the small bathroom feeling a bit refreshed and a ton more awake. I checked on Alex, making sure he was still sleeping, and found he was starting to burn up a fever. I quickly searched the bus for my purse and phone, finding both in the back, before slipping my sandals on.

“I’m going to find a CVS around here and buy a few things for Alex.” I informed the boys, although I’m not sure they were completely listening since they were all glued to the television, playing some game on XboX. “Call me if you need me,” I whispered over my shoulder before leaving the bus, realizing that there was no way they heard that last sentence. I was contemplating on whether or not to call Matt and tell him that way when I recognized my name being shouted from behind me. I turned, my breath catching as my eyes rested upon none other than Jonathan Cook running full speed toward me.

“Adele!” His bright smile and normal tone threw me off guard.

“Uh, hello Cook.” I nodded stiffly, still unsure of how to respond to his upbeat persona. It was almost as if he’d had a blow to the head and forgot everything he said to me, lie or not. He sighed.

“Listen, Dell,” Jonathan stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked around like he was looking for an excuse to run away from me. “About what I said the other day,” his hand flew to his hair and ruffled it a bit, “I don’t want things to be weird between us. I mean, you are still my best friend, right?”

I thought about it. I thought about yelling in his face and hurting him like he hurt me. A million other thoughts ran through my mind, but something totally different came out of my mouth. “Yeah, sure.” I turned on my heel, not wanting him to see how my face twisted with shock at my own words.

“Well that sounded very positive.” He commented and I turned to see him walking with me. “So where you going?”

“CVS.” I clutched my purse and sped up my walk just the tiniest bit. Having small talk with my ex best friend was not on my list of things to do today.

“Mind if I join you?” I glanced at him out of the corner of my eyes, seeing his hopeful, puppy pout.

“Not at all.” I mustered up all the honesty I could and gave him a huge smile. “I’d love some company.” It hurt to see him grin in response, not noticing how fake my smile was.

“Great.” Jonathan’s hand found mine and he intertwined our fingers, sending my mind whirling in its own little bundle of confusion. He started to swing our hands, quite high, as we walked out of the bus area and onto city streets. The walk to the store was dead quiet. It seemed as if we’d slipped back into our old best friend atmosphere, except I was highly anxious on the inside. Jonathan opened the front door for me and then insisted on pushing the cart for me as well. I just rolled my eyes and let a smile linger on my lips at how much of a gentleman he was.

“So,” Jonathan broke the silence as I steered him toward the pharmacy. “How different are things on ATL’s bus?” He was trying to make small talk. I closed my eyes briefly and pushed every ounce of awkwardness away.

“There’s less video games and more crazy pranks.” I told him nonchalantly and shrugged, letting my attention focus on the different types of medicine in front of me.

“Come on,” Jonathan laughed and leaned forward on the shopping cart. “Nobody does pranks like we do.” I busted out laughing as I grabbed three different boxes of medicine and placed them in the cart.

“Hate to break it to you doll, but those boys are a lot crazier than you guys.” I pointed at him and then shook my head. “Like the other morning they woke up at three a.m. and then pretended to be ninjas while they went around to all the buses and put their initials on them in permanent marker.” Jonathan raised his eyebrows at me. “And I know where each one is since they decided to drag me along for the whole two hours.”

“Every bus?” He asked as I slowed so I could walk beside him and hold the handle bar on the cart.

“Well, after about the first ten, the guys got lost and started to initial the same buses, and then after Matt found out we were missing and called Alex’s phone, which of course was set on the loudest ring ever and woke some guys up in Cobra’s bus, we all kinda ran for it so I’m sure there are a few buses that managed to escape All Time Low’s wrath.” I giggled and steered the buggy toward the back, where I was hoping the soda would be.

“Hmm, sounds very adventurous.” Jonathan commented and bumped his hip against mine.

“There’s never a dull moment.” I added and ran ahead a bit to grab a two liter of ginger ale and then a two liter of sprite.

“How are you doing?” I hear the concern in his voice as he surveyed the objects in the cart.

“Don’t worry about me.” I grinned and wrapped my arms around him in a quick hug. At least he still cared. “This stuff’s for Alex. He’s real sick.” Jonathan nodded and another silence settled on us as we walked down the aisle towards the registers. I paid for my things and Jonathan insisted on carrying my bags for me. I was a bit surprised that the silence stayed until we reached the gates.

“Adele, there’s something I have to say, before we go in there and go our separate ways.” Jonathan stopped walking and I turned toward him curiously. “Well, I heard about you and Kyle being over for good, and then just being around you at the store and stuff, well, I just can’t keep it up any longer.” He scratched the back of his neck out of nervous habit.

“Keep what up?” I stepped a bit closer to him and tilted my head. I was just as nervous as he seemed to be. We were barely hanging on to this strained normal atmosphere, and just about anything could tip it either way.

“I lied, Dell.” Jonathan admitted and slapped his thigh with his hand as he brought it down from his neck. “I lied the other day, about my feelings and all. I still love you, just as much as I did that night I ran into you. I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t want to ruin anything between you and Kyle, or Kyle and me, and especially not between you and me, but it seems I’ve done all those anyway so,” he trailed off and looked away from me for the first time.

“You have got to be kidding me.” I stared at him. My eyes were wide with disbelief.

“Not kidding,” Jonathan shook his head slowly. “But I understand if you don’t feel the same anymore.” He looked down at his shoes and scuffed the dirt a bit.

“You left me in tears.” I stated firmly, not letting my voice waver with the hurt I felt so deeply inside. “I cried relentlessly for days after you pulled that bullshit.” His head snapped up and his eyes were filled with concern again.

“I didn’t want to hurt you, but I thought it was best we left things how they are. It was wrong, and I am truly sorry. I love you.” The three words I’d wanted to hear so much from him just days ago now filled me with such sorrow.

“That’s bullshit, and we both know it.” I glared and grabbed my bag from him, leaving him for once instead of the other way around. As I continued to stomp across the field, I let the angry tears that were prickling my eyes make tracks on my cheeks.

It was too much to deal with so I focused on the people walking around me. There were a few bands that were already packing up for the day and a few others that were milling around, trying to find something to do before their set. I passed a small game of kickball, but it seemed to be losing players by the second because of the heat.

When I made it back to the bus the boys were already gone. A simple note was left on the tiny fridge written in Matt’s handwriting. gone for lunch. I rolled my eyes at the words and wiped at my cheeks, laughing a little to myself. The silly boys weren’t even here and they managed to make me feel better.

I grabbed a cup and put a few ice cubes in it before pouring some of the sprite into the glass. I went through the medicine I’d bought and decided on just the pain killers for now. After I’d put everything else away, I tip toed back to the bunks and found Alex peacefully still sleeping. He looked so serene that I didn’t want to wake him up, but then I didn’t have to. Alex slowly opened his eyes and a small grin spread across his lips while he batted those eyes a bit.

“Morning sweetie,” I whispered and watched as he yawned. “I got you some pills you need to pop.” He chuckled but it sounded more like a cough deep in his chest. I frowned at the sound and extended my hand to him. Alex sat up slowly and took both the pills and the sprite from me. He quirked one eyebrow at the pills in his palm and then looked back up at me. “It’s just some ibuprofen.” I told him and he nodded before throwing the pills in his mouth, taking a sip from the glass, and tilting his head back.

After he’d taken the pills, he tried to hand me back the glass but I shook my head. “No, no mister. You need to drink all of that so you’ll be able to sing tomorrow.” A smile spread as he rolled his eyes and took another sip.

“From what I heard, you did pretty damn good this afternoon.” Alex winked and his voice croaked once again.

“Just keep drinking and stop talking.” I mumbled and watched as he scooted over in the bunk, patting the area next to him. “Want to watch a movie?” He nodded and I dashed to the front to grab the small DVD player and movie. “I say we start a Harry Potter marathon.” I grinned as I slipped into the bunk next to him. He chuckled again, and snuggled into my side as I set the movie up.

Three hours later, Alex was back to his peaceful sleep while there was a low chatter coming from up front. I quietly closed the DVD player and set it at the foot of the bunk before I gently eased from Alex’s grip. I made for the bathroom first, cleaning up the little bit of smeared make up, and then headed for the front room.

“What’s up Delly?” Jack grinned from the kitchen sink. In his hands was a small red balloon, and it looked like he was filling it with water.

“Nothing much Jacko, what’s up with you guys?” I asked curiously, yet cautiously.

“We’re planning a surprise attack tomorrow morning on The Audition.” Zack answered and took the red balloon from Jack to tie it off.

“Yeah, we’re going to show up at their set and throw these water balloons at them on stage.” Rian took the balloon from Zack and set it in a bucket that seemed to be almost overflowing.

“You know, that might not be such a good idea since there’ll be lots of electronic things on the stage and someone could get electrocuted.” I mentioned and wondered where Matt was.

“Oh,” Jack furrowed his eyebrows together, like the thought had never even crossed his mind, while the other boys stopped and stared at each other. Then he shrugged. “We’ll just throw them at the guys before they go on then, so they’ll have to do a whole set soaking wet.”

“Where’s Matt?” I inquired and watched as all four boys turned and eyed me suspiciously.

“You didn’t see anything, you hear?” Delicious raised an eyebrow at me while he crossed his arms over his chest, stepping closer to me. His mafia bravado made me giggle and shake my head.

“Yes sir,” I saluted him and went about trying to find my sandals. “Have you guys seen my white sandals?”

“Yeah, they’re up in the driver’s pit.” Zack answered and I looked back at him curiously before heading to the front.

“What the hell are my shoes doing all the way up there?” I asked as I slid them on and watched the boys continue in their water balloon work.

“Jack was throwing things at Rian earlier and your shoes just so happened to be around.” Zack shrugged and paid no attention to me as he handed Rian a balloon, only Rian wasn’t paying attention to him so the balloon fell to the ground and busted.

“Damn, Merrick! Don’t break the chain!” Jack yelled, taking a small break from the filling of water balloons. “Say, where you going looking all spiffy?” Jack nodded toward my attire. I rolled my eyes and tried to keep from blushing.

“I’ve been dressed like this all day, Jackaroo.” I bit my tongue from telling them that I’d gotten dressed this afternoon with Caleb’s date in mind.

“I know, but you look different,” Jack tilted his head while he examined my body. I become highly self conscious as the four boys eyed me up and down. “You look like you’re going on a date.” My cheeks burned.

“You’re ridiculous.” I mumbled and grabbed my phone from the counter. “I’m going for a walk.”

“Pick me up some ice cream while you’re out.” Jack yelled while I thanked the heavens for his short attention span and I left the bus with laughter behind me.

It was still a bit early to meet up with Caleb, so I decided to take a little walk around the grounds. Everybody, besides the big bands that played last, was packing up. I ran into Matthew and Nathan again, agreeing to help them pack up merch.

“Bitch, you are the queen of merch packing!” Nathan laughed while I taped up another box of Madina Lake shirts.

“Did you just call me a bitch?” I wiped my head around while Mateo took the box from me.

“I meant, Princess Dell,” he rushed out with wide eyes. I laughed and shook my head before turning my attention back to their merch boxes.

“Course you did, bitch.” I mumbled, getting a chuckle out of Matthew as well.

“What’d you say?” Nathan asked, curious about his brother’s behavior.

“Said, I love you Leone boys.” I grinned cheekily at him over my shoulder. Matthew started to laugh harder, giving away the fact that I was lying through my teeth. “Now, that’s the last damn box I’m doing, so you mofo’s better get to working.” I threw the box I’d just finished to Mateo.

“But you do it so perfectly!” Matthew whined, grabbing onto my hand and pulling me down. “Please don’t leave us!”

“Sorry guys, I have to steal the Princess from you.” Caleb’s smooth, smug voice came from behind me. I was anticipating his arms wrapping around me, since that was usually what happened after he used that tone, but they never came.

“Awww,” the three boys complained while I took quick glances over at Caleb. He was dressed up nice, in a clean white v-neck shirt and dark blue skinny jeans. I wondered if he’d done laundry just for tonight since there was no other way he’d have a shirt that clean and not wrinkled.

“I know, she’s something special, isn’t she?” I turned to him curiously to see Caleb smiling proudly just before he laid his arm around my shoulders in a friendly gesture.

“That’s why we call her Princess.” Nathan nodded like it was common knowledge.

“Aye,” Caleb agreed and I quirked an eyebrow at him.

“Have you been hanging out with Bring Me The Horizon today?” I asked cautiously, knowing that was the only time the boys started to use fake accents.

“Kyle dragged me to their set earlier.” Caleb shrugged while my shoulders slouched forward. It was horrible that the mere mention of his name brought such awful feelings to me. I’d have to get used to hearing his name eventually. “Uh, we’ll see you guys later.” Caleb waved while his hand dropped from my shoulders. He grabbed my elbow and started to pull me away. It was quiet while we walked. “I’m sorry, I should have watched my mouth.” Caleb’s words took me by surprise and quickly pulled me from my thoughts. Caleb was not sensitive. He never thought twice about his words, and never seemed regretful for them. It seems these days I was seeing Caleb in a whole new glow.

“It’s alright; I’ll have to get used to it.” I mumbled while he wormed his hand through my arm so we were locked as he led us.

“It’s still kind of early to be suppressing how you feel, isn’t it?” My eyebrows furrowed further at his kind words.

“Okay, I feel like I just stepped into some alternative reality where you’re actually sweet and not the least bit cocky.” I pushed against him gently while he chuckled.

“Come on, I’m not such a bad guy.” Caleb leaned his head down toward me with a cute, irresistible smile on his lips. “I am trying to show you how sweet and charming I can be, if you let me.” He rested his forehead on mine for just a second, before pulling back and facing forward.

“If I let you,” I scoffed and playfully pushed him again. “What’s been stopping you from being endearing this whole time, cause it certainly wasn’t me.” I asked as we stepped onto streets. It was getting dark, and it was getting dark fast. “And where the hell are we going?”

“It’s a surprise.” Caleb was practically emitting excitement. It made me giggle just a little at how adorable he could be sometimes.

“That’s lame.” I muttered and leaned my head against his shoulder, clinging to him just a bit. The dark was a bit scary, in an unknown town on an unknown street, and it was a bit drafty. It was quiet as we walked down a few more streets before Caleb broke the silence.

“Now, hopefully this doesn’t make me should like a total jackass and ruin the status I’m trying to create, but I just have to say that you look enticingly sexy right now,” he muttered lowly in my ear. The shudders that went through me were electric.

“Enticingly?” I giggled, looking up to see Caleb looking incredibly relieved.

“Why do you keep repeating me?” He laughed and lightly shoved us toward the street, making me squeal when a car drove by. “But seriously, you look gorgeous.” Caleb kissed my temple. I was shocked into silence until I noticed he was starting to slow down. I looked up and immediately started laughing, covering my mouth to muffle it some.

“Bowling! We’re going bowling?” I jumped in my spot with excitement as I turned to look at him. His eyes were just as wide as mine.

“Hell yes!” Caleb yelled and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the building. Caleb, of course, insisted on paying for my shoes and let me pick our lane out. I was still giggling when we sat down and started to put on our shoes. Caleb wouldn’t let me tie my own shoes though; instead he knelt down in front of me and let me rest my foot on his knee while he tied them.

“You’re goofy.” I shook my head as he switched my feet and started to tie the other one. Caleb looked up and I melted. He looked so adorable with a pretty smile just tugging at the corners of his mouth.

“Well, I think you’re goofy.” He chuckled and patted my foot before sitting it on the ground and standing up.

“Nuh, uh,” I placed my hands in his while he pulled me up from the chair. I smirked and left him standing there while I grabbed a ball from the stand. “You think I’m hot.” I teased and headed for the lane, getting ready to throw the ball. Before I could pull my hand back there was a warm body pressing up against the back of mine. His hands on my hips sent tingling sensations through me.

“I do think you are very,” my chest hurt from how hard my heart was beating as he muttered the words lowly in my ear. “Very,” Caleb wrapped his arms around my middle and pulled me closer to him, “hot.” He rested his chin on my shoulder and I could see the huge grin plastered to his pretty lips out of the corner of my eye. “There’s another part to the surprise.”

“How can there be anything that tops bowling?” I questioned while he pulled away from me, backing up so there was a safe distance between him and the ball I was about to throw down the lane. I pulled my hand back again, waiting for his response, but just as I released the ball all the lights went off.

Cosmic bowling,” I didn’t have to turn to see the smirk on his face, I could hear it clearly in his face. I stared wide eyed at the neon lights that had suddenly turned on and all the glow in the dark bowling balls. “Aw, looks like you only knocked down five pins, I’m sorry.” Caleb laughed while he strode over to where I was still frozen.

“You are too much, Mr. Turman.” I shook my head as I finally came out of the small trance and went to sit under the score board.

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” He faced me while he waited for the pins to be set up again. I bit my bottom lip as I tried to answer the question for myself.

“Good thing,” I finally decided and watched while he gave me that wicked grin. The one that made me add, “Sometimes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
holy shoes that was a long one! but I had sooooo much fun writing it;
hope you guys enjoyed it too ; ) the big finale is coming soon;
only have about four or five chapters left for this one!
[side note :: I updated the character list if anyone cares]
xooxDee

out of curiosity, is there anybody on TEAM JONATHAN?
title credit;; Curse Of Curves;; Cute Is What We Aim For