Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

Give Me All Those Gory Details

I couldn’t sleep and it was slowly driving me crazy. The boys were still sleeping and the bus had just rolled to a stop. I sighed and set my book down on the table just as a loud thud came from the bunk area.

“Shit,” Zack muttered and a few minutes later he came stumbling from the back.

“Fall out of the bunk again?” I asked curiously and took a sip of my orange juice while he nodded. Usually it was Jack who would roll out of the bunk in the morning, but they all had their moments. It was silent for a little more while Zack got a glass of my orange juice and then sat down across from me again.

“You must have got in late from your walk.” Zack sounded causal but I couldn’t help as my cheeks started to burn. “Matt and I tried to stay up to make sure you made it back okay, but we both fell asleep before you came in.” He kept going and I tried distracting myself by inspecting the table. “So, what kept you out so late?” I bit my bottom lip and looked up at him bashfully.

“I kind of had a date.” I muttered and watched as his eyes grew wide. That was a bad idea.

“What about Burns?” He asked worriedly, clutching his glass quite tightly. I gave a deep sigh.

“Kyle and I aren’t together anymore.” I mumbled, feeling more sullen than I had while I sat alone.

“Oh.” An awkward silence settled over us where I picked at my cuticles and Zack stared at me, concerned. “So, where’d you go on your date?” My head rose just a bit so I could read his expression. He seemed to be genuinely concerned and it brought a small smile to my lips. Maybe Alex isn’t the only reasonable one.

“Well, first we went bowling, cosmic bowling actually,” I giggled as last night played through my head again.

“Cosmic bowling?” Zack raised one eyebrow.

“Yes; it was a blast, and it’s been so long since the last time I played. It was just perfect.” I shook my head, trying to keep the huge smile off my face. “Then we went to the store to pick up some more stuff for Alex because I forgot a few things yesterday, and of course being the little kid he is, we ended up getting kicked out because he was running into things with the cart.” I made sure not to mention Caleb’s name; though Zack seemed to accept that I had dated so soon after the relationship ended, I wasn’t so positive he’d react the same way when finding out the date was with one of my ex boyfriends best friends.

“Sounds like fun,” Zack laughed and then stood up. “Now,” He bent over and picked up a balloon from the red bucket I hadn’t noticed earlier. “It’s time to wake the guys up.” He winked before walking to the back. I heard the balloon pop and the water splash along with a bunch of screamed curses. Two minutes later, Zack walked back out laughing hysterically. Following him was Jack with very wet hair and an angry expression; behind him was Matt with his eyes still mostly closed and Rian who was snickering. Alex was last, and he looked even worse than he had the day before.

“I am going to fucking kill you Merrick.” Jack grumbled and walked over to the coffee machine. “Just as soon as I get caffeine in my system,” he added while pouring a cup from the batch I’d made earlier.

“Can’t say it wasn’t brilliant,” Zack grinned before sliding into the booth. Matt slid in next to me and Alex across from him while Rian got in line for coffee.

“Did you have to wake the rest of us as well?” Matt complained and laid his head down on the table.

“Well, technically not you, but we have business to do.” Zack tried winking secretively to Rian. I guessed they were still planning on attacking The Audition, and that Matt still didn’t know of the plans.

“Where’s Delic?” I questioned, finally spotting the one figure that was missing.

“Bathroom.” Jack mumbled a bit more himself now that he had a warm cup in between his hands.

I nodded and then turned my full attention to the poor boy who was sitting catty corner to me. “Alex, babe, you feeling any better?” My voice sounded like sugar coated candy as I reached across the table to feel his forehead. Alex shook his head as I felt the sweat from his forehead rub off on my hand. “Aw, baby.” I quickly pushed Matt out of my way and went about getting medicine for Alex.

“How come I don’t get called baby?” Matt faked hurt while he scooted back into the booth and Jack went to sit next to him.

“Because you are not constantly running a fever and feel like your body is dying.” I responded and handed Alex two pills along with a big glass of Ginger Ale. He made an attempt to smile, but he still just looked miserable, and swallowed the pills.

“I think we should keep Delly so she can take care of us like a mommy!” Jack giggled before taking another sip of his coffee. It was strange to watch him go from groggy to perky in ten seconds, but that’s how he was.

“With Matt as your dad,” I agreed and laughed while Jack nodded vigorously. Alex wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled down so that I sat on his lap sideways.

“We’d be like a big family!” Jack added with wide eyes.

Matt looked at him like he was crazy before finally muttering, “I need some fucking coffee.” Rian laughed and handed him a cup.

“I want to be the oldest son!” Zack raised his hands to high five Jack while I shook my head.

“Oldest son?” Delicious repeated as he entered the space with a befuddled expression.

“Matt and Delly are our parents.” Rian filled him in, causing Delicious to burst out laughing and turn to the small fridge.

“Oh! And Delicious will be our uncle!” Jack jumped up and down in his seat. I giggled at the sight and laid my head against Alex’s chest while they continued to work out our family plans. Alex’s arms slowly constricted around my waist while his thumb rubbed my thigh lightly.

“How come all this stuff has sticky notes that say ‘don’t touch’ on them?” Delicious stood up with a bottle of Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist in his hand.

“Because that’s the stuff I bought for Alex,” I said sternly, making sure he placed the bottle back in the fridge. “There’s also soup and ice cream that you all need to refrain from bingeing on.” I added while five boys rolled their eyes at me. Alex squeezed me tight for a few seconds before relaxing again, letting me know that he was grateful.

“Wait, if Delicious is our uncle, then is he Matt’s brother or Delly’s?” Zack questioned, changing the subject from the off limit foods.

“Hmm, good question.” Jack rubbed his chin and stared off in space. I giggled lightly and closed my eyes. There was something about Alex that just seemed to soothe me.

“Delly’s, hands down.” Rian interjected. “Delicious is too laid back to be related to Matt, no offense man.”

“Too early to take any,” Matt’s voice sounded muffled, like he had his head down on the table again.

“Okay then!” Delicious yelled, making me jump and open my eyes, lifting my head too. “I’m going to go set up merch, will you guys come help me?” He threw his thumb up and pointed toward the door, looking around from Zack, Jack and Rian. His words sounded majorly fake, it was strange.

“Sure man!” Jack jumped up while Rian casually picked up the red bucket filled with water balloons. I rolled my eyes and stood up as Zack started to push both Alex and I.

“You guys are such nerds sometimes.” I mumbled as I walked over and sat on the couch, Alex right behind me. We watched the boys quietly exit the bus with the balloons while Matt stayed at the table, head down. Alex grabbed the remote and clicked the TV on. The Sleepy Hollow DVD menu popped up on the screen. “Hey Matt, you know the boys just carried out like thirty water balloons.” I blurted, unable to keep critical information from him. Alex chuckled, a strange wheezing sound coming from him instead of his usual husky morning voice. It made my heart sink.

“Fuuuck,” Matt groaned and stood up. “I knew they were up to something when they agreed to help set up merch.” He stomped off the bus with a tired, yet determined expression.

“Good luck!” I yelled after him before the door shut. As soon as the door shut Alex was pulling me toward him and kissing my cheek repeatedly. “Alex, what are you doing?” I giggled and tried pulling away, only to have him hold me tighter.

“I want to thank you for taking damn good care of me,” he croaked and placed an especially wet kiss on my neck, sending shivers through me.

“Aw,” I pushed away the shivers and turned to smile at him. “There is no thanking needed.” He rolled his eyes and then a solemn tint glazed over his usually bright, brown eyes.

“How was Caleb’s date?” His voice never ceased to make my heart drop with concern.

“It was alright; he took me bowling.” I shrugged. Last night didn’t seem so fantastic with Alex sitting beside me. I stared at the TV for a few seconds while Alex looked around for the DVD remote. “I ran into Jonathan yesterday.” I blurted out and watched as he froze in the corner of my eye. I never told Alex exactly what happened that day I went to meet Jonathan, but I’m sure he guessed that it went badly. I mean, I had cried on his chest for what seemed like days.

Alex slowly unfroze. “How’d that go?” He asked cautiously, never taking his eyes away from me.

“It was awkward at first, then great,” I smiled while I thought about how easy it had been to slip back into best friend mode with Jonathan. “Then he said I love you and I screamed at him, and called it all bullshit.” I sighed and rested my head against his shoulder. “It just sucks. I hate that he lied to me, and that he’s making all this that much harder, but,” I hesitated and watched as Alex reached over, placing his hand on my knee, “I know I’ll forgive him with time. He’s been my best friend for years and there’s nothing he could do that I wouldn’t forgive.” I sniffled while trying to keep my overwhelming emotions in check.

“He doesn’t deserve you babe,” his voice hitched and he had to stop to cough. The sound was wretched as his tiny frame shook. “I don’t want to see you torn like that again.” He finished and wrapped his arms around me.

“He’s my best friend, Alex,” I shook my head and smiled sadly. “I forgive him even when I don’t want to.”

“I thought I was your best friend.” Alex pouted, giving me the cutest puppy face I’ve ever seen.

“Aww, don’t do that! You’re gonna break my little heart.” I patted his head. “You are my new very best friend.” I told him with all the sincerity in me. I hadn’t realized just how much Alex really did mean to me till I thought about it. “So can we watch the movie now?” I attempted to change the subject while he rolled his eyes at me. Alex hit play but before we got past all the credits in the beginning there was a knock on the door. I went to answer the door only to be shocked at the face that stared back at me. “Evan?”

“Hey Adele, can uh, I talk to you?” Evan fidgeted as he stood at the bottom of the stairs, checking over his shoulder nervously. It made me want to start twitch.

“Course,” I stood aside so Evan could climb the steps two at a time. I bite my bottom lip while I closed the door behind him, wondering what on earth could have put him in such a state.

“Sorry to barge in like this,” Evan apologized to Alex and then turned back to me, “I conned Caleb into telling me where you were and then I kind of just ran.” He shoved his hands in his pockets, looking around the tiny, messy bus fretfully.

“You can sit down,” I suggested and gestured to the spot I’d occupied just moments before. Evan shook his head.

“I just came to tell you, well, warn you,” he grimaced at his own words and my heart rate fluttered. “I told you how much a gossiper Rachel is, but even I didn’t think she’d go this far.” He shook his head as he trailed off, talking more to himself now.

“Rachel?” I repeated the last thing I’d heard him say and watched as he nodded gravely.

“After your interview she got really pissed. Said she knew you were hiding something, so we tailed you for a few days.” My throat started to swell. “I figured it was harmless, I mean, all we got were a few shots of you and Kyle making out and I finally convinced her to drop it and just write the interview without her drama.” My face froze from all expression when my mind caught up with his words. They followed me. “It was the other day that you walked by our tent, well, you were carried by. Rachel freaked and grabbed the camera, taking a few shots and then forcing me to join her ‘surveillance team’ again.” Evan shook his head again and looked up to meet my gaze for the first time since he’d started talking. “The magazine wouldn’t approve her story switch so she sold it to some tabloid.” Evan sighed and I could see that he was genuinely sorry. “It’s got pictures of you with Jonathan and Caleb; it’s going to be out tomorrow.”

“She,” I couldn’t put the hurt and betrayal I felt into words. I shook my head, unable to wrap it around the horrid words he was saying.

“I know. She’s sunk low, real low.” He sighed again and started to step toward the door. “I thought you had the right to know before it blew up. I am sorry.” I nodded, unable to move my body or mouth as he silently left the bus. I was frozen until warm arms wrapped around me. My head fell on his chest while tears slipped once again.

Alex rubbed my back soothingly while we stood in the middle of the bus, letting the news sink in. I finally grabbed control of myself, telling myself that I’d have to face it eventually. I couldn’t just let Alex comfort me until it blew up and then blew over. I did bring this upon myself after all. I wiped my cheeks and glanced up at Alex’s worried brown eyes. They were so consuming, anyone could lost in them. I smiled a little as I read his eyes; he was asking me if I was okay without saying a word, how charming.

“I did this to myself.” I spoke my thoughts instead of directly answering his question. My mind quickly sifted through the more pressing actions to take, when one stuck out immediately. I locked eyes with Alex as my stomach sang deep into itself. “I have to tell Kyle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
*gasp*
another update for you guys! and now the drama ensues ; )
special thanks to ::
All Time Low. ; Harry Judd! ; slashXdash ; and aimeeknows

next update sometime monday or tuesday?
don't forget to comment ; )
xooxDee

tittle credit;; Cut Me Up Jenny;; Taking Back Sunday;;