Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

So Now Your Picture's Worth A Thousand Words

Why can't I ever go to an interview, and actually have a comfortable seat? You'd think they'd have enough common sense to get extra cushions, or something. Instead, I was sitting in some cheap, plastic, bar stool type of chair.

"Adele?" I raised my eyes from my shoes to see a woman with brown eyes and brown hair, nicely curled to her shoulders, dressed in skinny jeans and a green day tee. I had some relief knowing that my interviewer wasn't another one of those nosy, rich reporters who would rather be golfing then be caught dead at a concert. I nodded to her and she grinned, sitting in the other plastic bar stool across from me. "Hi, I'm Rachel." She extended her hand and I placed mine in it.

"Ello." I replied and our hands dropped. A guy walked up and handed both I and Rachel a microphone.

"I'm so static to meet you." She gushed and I kinda relaxed. She didn't seem that evil.

"Well, it's great to meet you too." I smiled and hated that it was fake. She did seem nice, but I was to tired to be overly friendly at the moment. She continued to smile and nod as she turned to the guy who'd handed us the microphones.

"Are we ready Evan?" Her tone was cold and made me take back the thoughts about her wanting to be here.

"Set." He pushed a button on this board thing that reminded me of what the techs used during shows.

"Alright. Can you please state your name?" She questioned me and I was confused for a few. Didn't she just greet me with my name? Oh, microphone.

"Adele Walker." I spoke into the microphone and felt utterly stupid. I hate interviews.

"And who's the band you're behind?" She smiled really big and I started to notice how fake it looked.

"Um, Forever The Sickest Kids." I glanced over at Evan, he was paying attention to the board of buttons, and then back to Rachel.

"Nice band. Nice band." She nodded and grabbed a paper from off the table that was next to us. "Ready for my millions of drilling questions?" She laughed a little, meaning it as a joke, and I tried to laugh with her.

"Sure am." My mouth turned dry and my hands started to shake lightly. Damn nerves.

"Alright then, we'll start off with the easy ones." She glanced down at the paper and skimmed it. "First question, how do you know the band?" She spoke into the microphone and then looked up at me expectantly.

"Well, I met Jonathan one night at a party, back in our high school days." I remembered that night quite clearly. I still felt like fate had a hand in me meeting Jonathan, even though he argued that we would have eventually ran into each other at school without that party, but the coincidence was just to big for me to agree with him.

I had just casually been taking my midnight walk, like I took every other night, when ...

"Hey! You!" Someone yelled from behind me. I ignored it, figuring they were probably yelling at somebody else, and kept on walking down the road. This was my usual route that I walked every night, but apparently someone had decided to throw a party on this particular Friday night. The street was crowded with cars, a few having couples in them with the windows rolled up, and loud music was thumping somewhere. I couldn't tell if the party was behind or in front of me, and I wondered why the cops hadn't been called by neighbors already. "Bitch in the red pants!" The female voice yelled behind me again, but closer. I glanced down and saw my red skinnies on. "Bitch!" I turned around to see a pretty blonde girl I knew from homeroom holding a blue plastic cup. She was wobbling pretty bad on her legs and I estimated she was more then half baked.

"Names Adele." I muttered as she stepped closer, waving her hand to dismiss my comment.

"I needs you." She pointed at me with her cup. "Ta hold this." Or maybe she was holding her cup out to me. I looked her over strangely. This is a girl who had never talked to me or showed any interest in being friends, yet now she wanted me to do a favor? "While I." She now pulled the cup to her chest. "Go pee in there." She pointed at a nearby house.

"Okay." I took the cup from her, having every intention of pouring it out once she went inside and then leaving. She nodded and walked up the sidewalk, probably to a strangers house, and I tired to remember her name. Maybe it was Sarah, there were a lot of Sarah's in homeroom. I heard the distant sound of sirens but I ignored them and started coming up with more names.

"Shiiiiiiit." A male voice shouted from behind me again. Great, another drunk. This one however took off running pass me. I watched him confused as he ran like hell was behind him, tripping repeatedly over pot holes and such. That's when more and more people started to run pass me. Weird.

"Fuck man, look out." A rather close male voice called and then I hit the pavement with extra weight on top of me.

"Dammit." Was muttered low, right next to my ear.

"Told you to look out. Is she okay?" The other voice asked and I was surprised to actually hear concern in his voice.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" The weight on my upper half disappeared, but stayed right around my waist.

"Get the fuck off her and flip her." It sounded like he smacked the guy that was on top of me.

"Shit, the cops are starting to come this way." The guy on me jumped off and I heard his quick footsteps as he ran away. "Come on brah, this is not the time to care." He yelled back.

"You knocked her on the pavement asshole!" He yelled back and I felt hands at my sides before I was flipped over. My head hurt immensely and I could bet money that I had a scrape on my forehead.

"Hey, I know her." Apparently the stupid one that knocked me down had returned to the scene of the crime. "She's that quite girl in the corner in my History class." I tried opening my eyes but the street lights seemed a lot brighter now and my eyes squinted shut. "She's got this funky name, like Ashlin or something." My blood boiled. Nothing made me madder then having someone call me by the wrong name. I know I'm not popular and whatnot, but you'd think people would have the courtesy to remember a fucking name of someone they see daily.

"My name's Adele!" I hissed and opened my eyes against the pain. Leaning over me was an adorable boy with jet black hair and pretty blue eyes.

"See! She's fine. Now let's get the hell out of here before the cops come this way." The stupid idiot pushed the boy that was leaning over me on his arm.

"Help me get her up." The adorable boy looked up at his partner and grabbed my right hand.

"Fuuuuuck." His partner complained but grabbed my other hand, pulling me up from the ground and wrapping my arm around their necks. "Dude, why are doing this? Now we're definitely going to get caught. Do you know what's going to happen if my mom finds out about the alcohol again?" Should of thought about that earlier douche bag.

"Calm down Jeff, we're not going to get caught." The cute one spook calmly and I noticed grass under us instead of pavement. "I know a shortcut." He muttered and chuckled a little.

"Don't say my name in front of her! What if she goes to cops because of that huge gash in her forehead? Huh? God, I am so dead." Jeff was a major complainer and it was starting to get on my nerves.

"Shut up and climb up this ladder." We had stopped walking and I looked up to see we were standing in front of a huge tree house. "Then you can grab her hands and pull her up."

"Dude, I think this is illegal." And underage drinking isn't? His stupidity was baffling.

"This is a friend of mine's house and this is his old tree house. We'll be fine here for the night and then in the morning I'll tell my parents I stayed at Kyle's, which technically isn't a lie, and you tell your parents that you stayed at my place. Problem solved." This one's calmness was intriguing. He seemed so much like me.

"What about her?" Jeff asked as he lowered his hands to pull me up.

"I don't know. She smells like alcohol, but I don't think she was drinking, or even at the party for that matter." I smelled like alcohol? How the hell did I smell like alcohol? I casually rolled my head to smell my thin hoodie and had the reek of alcohol burn my nose. I must of spillt that girls cup on me when Jeff knocked me down.

"I didn't see her there." Jeff agreed and managed to get me up into the treehouse. I slumped against the wall and let my eyes close. This was not how I imagined my night going.

"Me either." I jumped as his voice came from directly next to me. My eyes popped open and he was already in the tree house, which had looked bigger from the ground, and staring at me. "You said your name was Adele, right?" He asked in a polite voice and his eyes looked so innocent. I simply nodded and he broke out in a smile. "I'm Jonathan." He extended his hand and I placed mine in his. His smile turned to a frown. "You're freezing?" I couldn't tell if it was a question or a statement, but he started to pull me toward him. The warmth from his arms and body made me a little tired and my eyes closed.

"Freezing? In Texas?" Jeff scoffed and I felt Jonathan shrug. "She doesn't look so well." Was that concern I heard? Wait, nope, it was guilt.

"The bleeding probably isn't helping very much." Jonathan sighed. "Look in that crate over there for a first aid kit." I heard him rummaging around and then the pop of a box being opened. "That one." I'm guessing Jeff was the one to stick the huge band-aide on my forehead considering that Jonathan's arms were still holding me to him. "That should help some. Maybe I can get Kyle's mom to look at her in the morning."

"What if she dies!" Clear panic in his tone now. Thanks for worrying about someone other then yourself douche.

"She won't die Jeff, just go to sleep." Jonathan's hold tightened on me and I went to lift my head, to demand to go home, but one of his hands left my waist and pulled my head back down to his chest. "You too, some sleep will do you good." He whispered in my ear and I shivered a little from his warm breath. He must of thought I was cold still as I felt him pull me even closer and wrap his jacket around the two of us.


Looking back, I marvel at that night. According to Kyle's mom, who's a nurse, Jeff was right. I could have died from blood loss, but I didn't. What are the chances that Jonathan saved my life with a band-aide and the warmth of his body? And I slept the whole night, which I haven't done since or before because of my Insomnia.

I think there is a very fine line between coincidence, and fate.
♠ ♠ ♠
woohoo.
so i like this chapter better then the last one, but that may be just because this one starts everything ; ] maybe
and to think, i almost didn't get to post this because i didn't have three comments, but thanks to hnksfrthmmrs23, MidnightAngel, and smudged.mascara i was able to post. thanks guys *hugs* and please don't forget to comment after you read.
comments = criticism/motivation = new updates ♥

tittle credit;; Unbreakable;; Aiden;;