Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

It's Only Just A Matter Of Time

Image

Stepping off the bus made me extremely nervous. Today was the day my big secret was officially public news. I took a shaky breath and finally jumped off the last step.

“You don’t have to help set up, Delly,” Delicious stepped off behind me with a worried expression toward me.

“It’s fine Delic. I need something to help clear my head anyway.” I shrugged and walked side by side with him to the trailer.

“You want to talk while we work?” He offered as he pulled his keys out and started to unlock the trailer, sliding up the back door once he had. I sighed, figuring what the hell does it matter now.

“Sure,” I grabbed the first box and set it on the ground. I didn’t talk while Delicious and I piled the boxes onto the ground so we could pull out the parts for the merch tent.

“You know talking usually means moving your mouth and words coming out,” Delicious commented with a smirk and a shrug while we pulled out the cover top that was already together for the tent.

“I know, I know,” I laughed as we set down the top. “How about you grab the legs for the tent while I grab a box and on the long journey to merch ave, I’ll tell you all about my problems.” I suggested as he chuckled.

“It is a particularly long trek today since someone decided to park on the other side of all the buses.” He added sarcastically as he held the four tall poles in his arms.

“Oh come on pansy, it just means you’ll get to hear me talk more.” I giggled while he rolled his eyes.

“Alright, let me here all your boy troubles,” Delicious grinned at my shocked reaction.

“How do you know its boy troubles?” I asked defensively, only making his grin widen.

“Pa-lease girl,” Delicious somehow managed to get one arm free as he flicked his wrist. “I live on merch avenue where gossip is the only thing we have to entertain ourselves with.” I laughed and shook my head when he started to walk funny.

“Oh my, I didn’t know you were such a gossiper, Delic,” I giggled while he flicked his head to look at me like a girl with long hair would.

“Like I said, it’s all I have to do,” Delicious grinned and started to walk normal. “You know, nobody would ever stop by the tent before you came along.”

“Really?” I found that hard to believe since the boys did signings and all.

“Not a damn person. Matt would check on me in the morning, Zack, Rian, Alex and Jack come around five to sign for like thirty minutes and then bail, and then nobody else comes to visit me. Till you brought your pretty face around here,” Delicious winked at me.

“Aw, I’m so flattered,” I batted my eyelashes at him.

“As you should be,” He nodded and then it quiet for a minute. “So, do you want to talk about the boy troubles?” I sighed.

“I kind of made out with Jonathan and Caleb,” I blurted, waiting for his ‘oh my god’ moment. “Right after I broke up with Kyle.” I added after he didn’t say anything. Then he started laughing.

“You say it like it’s some awful, unforgiveable thing,” Delicious chuckled while I stared at him oddly.

“You laugh like it’s not?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Okay, let me break this down for you,” Delicious had a tone that sounded like the one parents use when they tell their children Santa Claus doesn’t really exist. I set a box down as we reached merch avenue and Delicious went about setting up the four poles for the tent while he talked. “Boys, are not nice.”

I laughed, “Is that including or excluding yourself?” He shrugged.

“Let me start over. Boys do what you said, on a daily basis, or worse,” he added with a grim look. “Usually they don’t even bother to break up with a girl before they bang another.” I tilted my head as I thought about his words and watched him spike the other two poles into the ground. “All you did was break up with your boyfriend, and then kissed a couple guys afterward, while you were probably vulnerable and in that weird state where you’re not quite sure what the hell’s going on.” His words seemed to pin me to the ground.

“I did kiss one while I was with Kyle.” I admitted and watched as he shrugged again.

“Like I said, most guys end up screwing another girl while they’re with one. Why should you be judged differently when those guys are looked at as kings?” Delicious met my gaze as he put the last pole in the ground.

“Thanks.” I smiled and opened my arms.

Delicious rolled his eyes. “Just don’t think I’m some big softy cause of what I said,” he grinned but hugged me anyway.

“Hey, you know, I’ve got a question for you!” I giggled while I wrapped my arm around his waist and his around my shoulders as we walked back to the trailer.

“And what is that?” He leaned into my side, almost pushing me to the ground.

“Why do the boys call you Delicious?” I tilted my head back so I could see his face. He threw his head back and laughed.

“It’s a long story,” he shook his head and chuckled. “And we were all very drunk.”

“We’ve got until Matt calls me to go sing,” I smiled cheekily up at him and watched as nodded.

“Yeah, I hear you’re doing a fantastic job at replacing Alex.” He winked again while I blushed. “Maybe we should hire you to replace him for good. I think a chick lead singer would make us so much more famous.”

I giggled and shook my head, “you’re changing the subject, doll.” We both laughed and joked as we continued to set up merch. I stayed around after we’d set up and helped him sell too. It wasn’t so bad at first. Hardly anybody noticed me, but a few kids who’d apparently watched YouTube videos of me on stage.

Then the dirty looks came. After that were insults, nasty ones at times. Delicious defended me the best he could, but when it’s the world that’s out to get you there’s only so much a person can do.

I felt a bit blessed when my cell vibrated and Matt told me to meet the guys at the stage. I got a bunch more dirty looks and I was trying my best to hold my head up high as I walked up to four boys waiting for me.

“Why aren’t you in your bunk?” I embraced Alex at first, feeling so much better in his comforting arms.

“He wanted to watch you do your thing and then play Delly Rae with you since he didn’t yesterday.” Zack explained while Alex nodded.

“I think there’s more dudes out in the crowd than usual,” Jack commented as he peeked around the stage.

“That’s because we have a hot lead singer now,” Rian laughed while Alex glared at him.

“Have you guys, uh, looked at the gossip rag this morning?” I asked timidly, thinking maybe it was better to get it out in the open.

“Alex told us,” Zack sat down on the stage stairs while a dead quiet seemed to settle over everybody else. “Well, showed us.”

“I hope you don’t think too badly of me, but if you do, I understand.” I stuttered through the sentence, holding back tears, as the huge paragraph I’d made up in my head all morning completely vanished.

“We love you Adele.” Jack said with such honesty and sincerity that I had to look up at him to see his expression. He was dead serious and it was defiantly strange. “Your flaws and all.” He bowed to me, making me giggle and little.

“We’ve been friends with Alex for years and we still deal with him, and he’s done a lot worse than what that stupid whore said about you, which I don’t think even half of that shit was true.” Rian grinned while Alex shot him another death glare.

“I love you guys too!” I let a tear fall from the corner of my eye because it wasn’t a sad tear, like so many had been since this tour started. I was overjoyed with the odd sensation of acceptance in the bottom of my stomach.

“Group hug?” Jack asked hopefully, making everybody chuckle a bit.

“Group hug!” I agreed and held my arms open as the four boys crushed me in the middle, like always.

“Uh, I don’t think I want to ask, but the four of you need to get your asses up on the stage. They’re ready for you.” Matt hoped down the stairs and stared at us strangely.

“Matty!” I squealed and ran up to him, throwing my arms around his neck.

“I’m happy to see you too, Delly,” Matt chuckled and picked me up from the ground in a hug.

“Everybody close your eyes! Mommy and Daddy are going to make out!” Jack screeched and slapped his hands over his eyes like a little kid.

“Dumb ass, get on the stage.” Matt sighed while I laughed.

“Calm down and relax, Matt,” I grinned and quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek before I ran up the stairs to the stage behind Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Delicious is a sweetheart : )
special thanks to :: Harry Judd! ; TheHider ; Sleepless Nights. ; grave robber ; save your heart. ;
I love reading you guys' comments; they pretty much make my day so please keep them coming;
xooxDee
tittle credit;; Everything That Makes Me Sick;; The Almost;;