Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

We Don't Need Rest

Image

I sighed as I sat back in the extremely uncomfortable fold out chair and closed my eyes while my head rested back. Being a fill-in lead singer was exhausting, but when you added in helping Delicious with merch and signing with the boys it was almost an overload. I had been excited at first when fans started to ask for my autograph when they came to get the guys’ but now it was almost annoying. All I wanted was a long, hot bath and a day off to just sleep.

“Ya know, if you’re tired you can go take a nap on the bus.” I cracked an eye open to look up at an amused Delicious. “I know you’ve got to be running on low.”

“And how do you know that?” I defended even though I didn’t really have the energy to do so.

Delicious laughed. “It’s not a complete secret that you only sleep about two or three hours at night and then you help me out here almost all day and jump on stage all crazy like too. It’s truly a wonder you haven’t broken down yet,” he chuckled and took a seat in the fold out chair that was beside mine.

“Thanks for noticing my sleep habits, you creep,” I would have giggled but my chest was too tired. Instead I smiled a little.

“I’m serious Delly,” Delicious reached over and took a hold on the arm rest of my chair, shaking it violently so that I had to raise my head. “Go back to the bus and take a nap with your boyfriend.” I suddenly had enough energy to glare at the boy I’d come to call my friend. “Jeez, ease up on the death glare; you know I’m just playing about Alex.”

“I get enough teasing about how many ‘boyfriends’ I have, I don’t need it from you too Delic,” I grumbled as I stood up and noticed how the sentence came out a lot more menacing that I’d meant it. I was about to stalk out of the tent, unable to find the vigor to apologize, when Delicious grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

“It’s really hard for you, isn’t it?” His voice was low and soft. I felt my anger form into sadness and my features take on a pout as I nodded. “It’s okay Delly,” Delicious stood up and enveloped me in a hug. “It’s all going to blow over soon.”

“I know,” I mumbled into his shoulder and briefly let my weight lean on him.

“Now go get some rest; you can even hole up in my bunk if you want,” he offered with a bright smile as he let me go and lightly pushed me toward the back exit of the tent.

“No offense Delic,” I stopped at the corner and turned my head to grimace at him, “but your bunk has a funky smell coming from it.” Delicious rolled his eyes and this time I did giggle as I left the tent. I slipped my ear buds in turned my iPod on shuffle, lightly dancing on my way to the bus.

“I wonder what it’s like to be the rain maker,” I sang along with Rob Thomas’ smooth voice and swung my hips slightly. “I wonder what it’s like to know that I made the rain.” I showed my pass to the nearest security guard and watched him nod before he stepped out of my way. There were less people behind the gates, which thankfully meant less glares and snickers. A smile spread across my lips when I spotted Matt talking to a few guys I didn’t recognize but sized up to be techs. I quickly shut off my iPod and stuffed it into my pocket before I mustered up the little bit of oomph I had left and ran to tackle Matt.

“Aw, fuck,” Matt groaned as I landed on top of him and his side hit the ground.

“Hi Matty,” I cheered and giggled as I slowly got up off of him, holding a hand out for him to grab.

“Could you have been any less gentle with your greeting?” Matt said sarcastically as he went about brushing off the dirt and grass from his pants and shirt.

“I decided to throw all of the energy I have left into that one,” I smiled and closed my eyes as I rested my head on his shoulder, locking arms with him as well.

“Like I was saying,” Matt went back to his conversation with the two guys as I leaned my body against his, almost too tired to even stand up on my own. “The ceiling top thing for the Hurley stage started to deflate yesterday again; luckily it was the end of the guys set when it started to go down, but last time it was the middle, so all I’m saying is somebody defiantly needs to check out the blower or whatever the hell keeps that thing up because obviously it’s faulty.”

I wasn’t completely listening to the conversation, but just Matt’s deep voice was soothing me to sleep. That is until the conversation was interrupted by one of the boys I didn’t recognize.

“Hey, I know you,” the voice wasn’t even familiar so I figured it was the boy who hadn’t been talking to Matt but just standing in the group like I was. I opened my eyes but left my head on Matt’s shoulder while I smiled at the two boys staring at me.

“Yeah, this is our fabulous Delly,” Matt affectionately patted my head and chuckled. “She’s been replacing Alex for the past few shows.”

“No, I know you from that magazine,” the boy’s grin widened like mad while my heart dropped.

“Oh my god,” the other boy’s mouth dropped open as they both stared at me. “Tour’s whore,” he muttered and I lifted my head. I glanced back and forth at the two of them uneasily.

“I’d advise you to not repeat that shitty ass lie,” Matt spoke through clenched teeth and I felt his arm tense up next to me.

“Aw, man, you screwing her too?” The first boy who’d spoke was now laughing and shaking his head as he raised his hand. “Props to you dude,” he waited for a high five.

“I’m warning you one last time.” Matt shook his head and hissed. I’d never seen him so angry, not even when the boys tormented and annoyed him to the point of breakage. “Don’t talk about her like that.”

“Calm down brah,” The second boy smirked and I noticed him eyeing me, making me incredibly uncomfortable. I tried to slowly shuffle myself behind Matt, but I wasn’t fast enough. “I’m sure she’s up for a bit more fun, eh?” His hand went for my hip and easily slid under my shirt, going upward toward my breasts. My heart stopped as I inhaled quickly. I couldn’t move, but luckily Matt could. He maneuvered so he was between the boy and me, thankfully pushing the hand away from my skin.

“Adele, you might want to cover your eyes,” Matt muttered as he let go of me and fear swelled up inside me along with dread. Before I could stop him, Matt pulled back his right hand, balled it into a fist, and swung at the boy without a second thought.

“Dude, what the hell?” The first boy was just as shocked as I was at Matt’s action. He kneeled down to the ground to check that the other boy was still conscious.

“Don’t let me ever find either of you motherfuckers lay a hand on her again.” Matt spat and then turned on his heel, grabbing my hand before he stormed off. I was quiet, too much in shock to say a think, as I followed him. Tears were slowly starting to well up and silently trace down my cheeks.

It turns out Matt was leading me to the bus, which was perfect since it was my original destination after all. I went straight to the bathroom, ignoring Rian and Zack in the front and spying Alex in his bunk before I closed the door. I fell to the ground and rested my head on my knees as I brought them close to my chest.

“Adele? Hun, are you okay?” Rian knocked softly on the door while his concerned voice hit my ears. There was pure anguish building in my chest.

“Just go away,” I cried and squeezed my eyes shut. Everyone kept saying things would work out, that they would be fine, but all that seemed to be happening was things getting worse.

“Sweetie, why don’t you come out and we can talk about it?” Zack was now on the other side of the door, probably huddled around it with Rian.

“No,” I shook my head fiercely, even though they couldn’t see, and then banged it back against the wall.

“Delly, please come out?” Matt’s voice flowed through the door and my eyes strayed to the door. He had apparently recovered from the incident quite quickly. “We’re here for you.” There was a light ‘bang’ against the door and I guessed was a forehead.

“Just leave me be,” I begged and then added, “I’ll talk later,” since I knew they wouldn’t leave without an answer.

“Delly,” Zack started with another plea, but I cut him off.

“Just go!” My throat was suddenly dry and the shout hurt to get out. It was quiet once again outside the door but I knew they hadn’t left yet. I let my head lay down on my knees again and tried taking easy, shallow breaths. There were feet shuffling and I raised my head just the tiniest and glanced at the door. A small piece of paper slid from under the door. I sighed but curiously leaned forward to scan the words that were scribbled on it.

will you let me in?
Alex


I bit my bottom lip as I stared at the note. My insides were battling each other. Part of me wanted Alex’s warm, consoling arms around me, but another part just wanted to cry alone in the tiny, cramped bathroom. Another ripped piece of paper slipped in.

please?

The first part won the debate as I scooted forward just a bit to reach up and open the bathroom door. There he stood, alone, with his chocolate brown eyes filled with such distress that it saddened me more. He stepped in quietly and shut the door behind him before he slipped down to the floor beside me. I was more than grateful for his secure embrace as I rested my forehead on his collar bone. Alex rubbed my arm as if I were cold and held me tight to him. It was quiet except for my sniffles. Alex leg’s were stretched out in front of us, his feet pressed firmly against the opposite wall, and he pulled mine over his lap so that he could hug me to his chest.

“Thank you,” I mumbled and rested my hand on his chest, playing with the button on his shirt. Alex squeezed me gently and then relaxed. My lips fell from my pout to a frown. “I wish you were getting better; then I could hear your pretty voice that I miss so much and force you to sing me to sleep every night.” I smiled while his chest raised and fell as he chuckled without any actually noise. It lasted for a moment and then an eerie silence fell over us. Alex kept one arm around me as he leaned forward and grabbed the piece of paper that had his ‘please’ on it and then produced a pen from his pocket. “You carry that around with you all the time now?” I giggled while he grinned a little and nodded.

will you tell me what happened?

His words made the tears start to sting in my eyes again. Alex immediately dropped the paper and pen and clutched me to him, kissing the top of my head. I let the tears fall on his shirt as I decided to tell him. I took a deep breath in and stumbled through the sentence, “h-he put h-his hand up m-my sh-shirt.” Alex grip tightened and his body tensed, just like Matt’s had earlier. “It was stupid, but I freaked out,” I started to shake my head but Alex placed his hand on it and cradled me to his chest, kissing my forehead. “It’s awful,” I whispered and squeezed my eyes shut again. I was starting to feel dirty, but the steady up and down movement of Alex’s breathing was keeping me sane.

My eyes opened with a strange conviction. I slowly pulled away from him, just enough so I could see his worried brown eyes, but not far enough so that his hands dropped from my sides. He looked at me questionably and tilted his head to the side. I gave him a small smile and leaned in to gently kiss his cheek. “I love you,” I whispered as I dropped my head back to his shoulder, snuggling into his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
aw; Delly finally said it to Alex *tears up*
I LOVE Matt : ) he's my hero;
this chapter is dedicated to : controlled poison.
for her amazing banner at the top : )
xooxDee

tittle credit;; Rep Your Cliche;; The Audition;;