Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

Writing All My Thoughts

Six exhausted boys entered the house. A few bags fell to the ground instantly while most were carried to their rooms. The house was eerily quiet and clean as they walked through it. Some were curious as to why Adele hadn’t met them at the airport, while others were too tired to give it a second thought.

Caleb was anxious as he entered his room, throwing his bag beside his bed, and heading straight for the secret door hidden in his closet. The stairs were oddly dusty, as were most things in the house. Caleb ignored the tightening in his chest until he reached the top of the stairs. There was no more denying the little odd things about the house.

The attic room was empty and even dustier than the rest of the house. All Caleb could think of was all the things that were missing. It didn’t cross his mind that they had left, not until his eyes picked up on a small, white envelope. It was placed in front of the window and as Caleb took small, tentative steps toward it, he could read the slanted familiar handwriting.

My Boys

Caleb’s lips twitched upward while he reached for the fragile paper. He could hear his heart beat pounding in his ears as he carefully opened it. There his eyes found more of her pretty writing with a few splotches where the ink smeared. Caleb sat on the window sill as he slowly read the words that tore his insides apart.

There were tears brimming his eyes as he pounded down the stairs. He wasn’t sure if the tears were from anger or sadness, but instead he focused on every step that brought him closer to the kitchen. When he entered, he found exactly who he wanted.

Jonathan was the first to notice Caleb standing in the doorway. His stance and glare brought Jonathan to an uneasy place. Of course Jonathan had found it peculiar when Adele hadn’t been waiting to see him when he got home, but he just figured she was running errands around the town. There was just something about the way Caleb’s eyes narrowed on the platinum blonde that made Jonathan’s stomach lurch.

“You bastard,” Caleb’s fists were clenched at his sides as he spoke through his teeth. “You fucking douche bag bastard.” All smiles dropped as gazes turned to Caleb.

“What-“ Kyle rested against the kitchen counter, tired of the constant fighting that now seemed endless.

Caleb cut him off, “you couldn’t just fucking apologize.” Kyle’s blue eyes darkened as he recognized the argument. It was over Adele, as most arguments were nowadays.

It had taken a few days for the boys to find out that Adele had left the tour, and none of them had tried to contact her after they did. They figured she wanted her peace, but now Caleb saw how much of a mistake that truly was.

“Let’s not start this, guys,” Austin stepped up, taking a few actual steps so that he was between Kyle and Caleb. “We’re going to sit down with Adele and everyone is going to apologize for their part, and then we’re going to put this behind us.” It had been Mark’s plan to do the sit and talk when they got back to Texas. They had made a semi truce on the bus so that they could get through the tour, but now everything would fall out into the open and trusts would truly be broken, but hopefully rebuilt.

“It’s too late,” Caleb mumbled and looked down at the paper in his hand. He couldn’t bear to read the words again, so instead he simple held it out to Austin. Caleb shook his head as the paper was taken from him and turned to go back to his bedroom. He couldn’t hold the pressure of tears back anymore.

Austin stared at the doorway oddly before his eyes fell to the thin paper in his hands. His eyes scanned the words before he turned to face the rest of the guys, Austin laid the paper on the middle island, unsure what to do next. There was no joke to be made to make this any easier.

“What is it?” Kent could keep his curiosity to himself no longer as he edged closer to the island, trying to catch a glimpse of the writing.

“It’s a letter,” Austin sighed as he looked back down at the paper, “from Adele.”

Things started to click in each boy’s brain. Little odd things no longer seemed little or odd, but terrifying. The note slowly went from hands to hands as each boy read it and passed it on, speechless. Jonathan was the last to read it. He took the paper from Kent with trembling hands. He was desperately hoping that his mind was running away with strange accusations, but as he read line after line he felt the little cracks in his heart growing bigger.

I’m not sure who’s reading this first, but I advise you sit down. I’m sure you’ve already noticed that my things are gone from the attic, so it should be no surprise that this is my good bye.
After everything I’ve done, I don’t expect any tears to be shed at my departure, but I do admit that I, myself am shedding plenty for all six of you. You’ve been my friends and my family for the past several years and I thank you for every smile you brought on my face. I wish I could have repaid you better than I did. Nonetheless, you all will always have a special hold on me.

To Kyle : I owe you the most. Every second I had with you, you made worthwhile and I know I could never earn your forgiveness, but if there were a way, I would do it no matter the cost. You will be happy again, with someone who deserves your gentle kindness. I promise. I love you.

I don’t know if I’ll see any of you again, but I hope someday you’ll all forgive me. I know it’s just hopeful wishing, but I can’t help it. You all mean so much to me. If you don’t forgive me, I at least wish you’ll be able to put me and my betrayal in the past. Just forget about me, it’s what I deserve.

Love, Adele
♠ ♠ ♠
sequel : Break Down These Walls
read! subscribe! comment! to the sequel!

lots of emotion in this last one; this is the last chapter and the end of Warped Tour 2008.
it's taken a year to finish this, and I hope the sequel is just as good;
I love you guys and I want to thank everyone who's ever commented on this;
you're all a part of why this is finally finished; thank you
xooxDee

tittle credit;; World's Apart;; Silverstein;;