Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

The Truth Is I'm To Tired To Play Pretend

I practically ran to the bus after I left the tent, wishing for something cool against my hot, clammy skin. The cold air hit me as soon as I got the door open and I let out a huge sigh. I smiled as I looked around the empty, quiet bus. Kyle had kept his promise and kept the boys away from the now very appealing bus.

I crept to the back of the bus and due to my paranoia, I checked to make sure all the bunks were empty before I climbed into Kyle and I's. That bunk has never felt so comfy, I swear. I drifted to sleep quite easily and relaxed into the sweet smellinglike Kyle pillow.

There was a distinct creaking on the stairs outside my attic room. Every nerve in my body tensed up. Caleb had been making almost routine visits to my room since the day he kissed me, which had been well over a month ago. It made me anxious as hell, but there wasn't much I could do about it. Telling Kyle was out of the question. They were best friends and there was no way I would come between them, or at least I was determined not to. There was a light knock on the door and that was unlike Caleb.

I turned questionably to the door. "Come in." I mumbled. It was dead quiet in the house so I was sure whoever was outside my door heard me. It creaked open and I sighed openly as it revealed Marc standing in the doorway.

"Wow, you look terrified Adele. You okay?" He asked worriedly and quickly stepped into the room, softly closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, just fine." I sighed again and slightly turned back to my easel. "So what brings you up here, at this hour?"

"My bed's uncomfortable." He shrugged and I saw him from the corner of my eye looking at my half finished painting. "This is, uh, pretty interesting." He gestured to the painting and I looked at it, trying to see it from his point of view. Due to my lately dreary mood, the painting was of a scene in a cemetery. A simple girl and a simple boy, though the girl's nightgown was covered in blood and in the boys silhouette there was clearly a knife in his hand. I had his back turned on purpose, and the girl's face blank as well.

"Don't lie." I bumped my hip against him and started to giggle. He must think I'm some psychotic serial killer.

"Is she going to be overly pretty?" He asked, ignoring my teasing, and pointed at the blank space where the girl's facial features should have been.

"No." I shook my head. "She's actually finished." He gave me a weird look and I rolled my eyes. "I was just going to add more to the cemetery and then leave it be." It was quiet for a little bit while we both gazed at the picture.

"Why no face?" He finally asked and all I could do was shrug. There wasn't a real reason why I was leaving it blank, I just was. "You've been acting kinda strange around the new place." Marc's hand went into his pockets and I could feel the beginning of a speech coming on, one he'd practiced a lot. "Is there any particular reason why?" Wow, I was wrong. I smiled to myself as he leaned against the arm rest of my sitting chair.

"Did Kyle put you up to this?" I crossed my arms over my chest. Kyle was always so worried about me. Sometimes it was cute, but others it got annoying.

"Him and Jonathan." He nodded and laughed a little, then he got serious again. "But we're all worried, and if there's anything we can do, we'd like to know about it." He gave me a helpful smile and I could only give a little one back.

"There's not much anyone can do, per say." I walked over and sat down in the chair, leaning all the way back. Marc leaned back too.

"I can just be a good listener if you need to vent?" Marc suggested and, god, did it sound like a good plan. Talking was just what I needed.

"If I tell you something, you promise to keep it between you and I?" I looked up at him and he seemed confused.

"Sure." His tone was the exact opposite of 'sure'.

"I mean you can't repeat it to anybody! Not Kyle, not Jonathan. No matter how much either one begs you to." I'm sure my eyes were just as pleading as my tone. I had to tell
somebody before I went insane.

"Are we talking about murder?" Marc scrunched up his nose and somehow, though my feelings were twisted in knots, he made me laugh and made the topic seem silly.

"No." I shook my head. "Much worse." I laughed and so did he.

"I promise Adele." Marc gave me a sincere smile and held out his pinky. "I will tell Kyle and Jonathan nothing of what we talk about." I giggled and eyed his hand.

"Or the other guys." I added and grabbed his pinky with mine.

"I shall take it to my grave." He agreed and our hands dropped. It got quiet after a while and I realized he was waiting. Waiting for me to hit him with some awful news, and though it was awful, it probably wasn't half as bad as what he was thinking.

"Caleb kissed me." I blurted out and Marc's mouth dropped open while his eyes widened.


My dream/flashback came to an abrupt end with my body shaking.

"What the hell?" I mumbled and turned over. There were Kyle's bright blue eyes staring into mine and a hopeful smile playing on his gorgeous lips.

"Baby, I'm so sorry to wake you up." He immediately started apologizing and it made me smile. He was so cute. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his before he could start again. I could feel him smiling and it made me smile to. I pulled back and laid my head on his arm that was now resting on the bunk. "We're stopped at Arby's and I thought you'd be hungry." As if on cue, my stomach growled loudly.

"Just a little." I laughed and slid out of the bunk. Once I was completely vertical, I wrapped my arms around Kyle's neck and hugged him to me. It was like a ritual with us. He was the first thing I wanted when I woke up. Most of the time he found it comical, but he'd always hug me back just as tight.

"I want cheese quake bites!" Austin yelled from the front of the bus and it made me giggle.

"With the caramel sauce!" Caleb yelled back and the two started jumping with excitement.

"Come on, we'd better calm them down." Kyle muttered in my ear and kissed my jaw before removing his hands from my waist. He grabbed my left hand and intertwined out fingers together before leading me to where everybody else was waiting.

"Adele!" Kent squealed and ran to hide behind me. "Save me!" He whimpered and I giggled some more while Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Save you from what?" I patted his head and followed Kyle as he pulled me toward the door.

"Austin and Caleb! They're going crazy." Kent started to give me puppy eyes and my heart melted.

"Aw, poor wittle Kent." I pinched his cheek and he scrunched up his nose.

"Thanks mom." He responded sarcastically and ran off to catch up with Caleb and Austin who were already at the counter, still jumping up and down.

"Yes, thank you so much mommy." Kyle smirked and quickly kissed me hard. I looked up at him confused.

"One, why thank you? and two, I'm not your mommy!" I pointed at him and he laughed.

"One, thank you for being my amazing girlfriend, and two, you're my hot momma." He smirked again and opened the door to Arby's for me.

"You are oh so charming." I pretended to glare at him and dropped our hands as I walked past him, joining Caleb and Austin at the counter.

"And I want a number three!" Austin yelled at the poor girl behind the register. She looked terribly lost.

"Calm down Austin." I placed my hand on his shoulder to stop his jumping.

"You calm down!" He shouted at me before running off to find a table we all could sit at. I shook my head and turned back to the menu and the scared looking girl.

"Add an Arby's melt and a medium curly fry to that order please." I kept my voice low and calm so as not to petrify her anymore. She nodded and pushed a few buttons on the register.

"I'll have the same, with a medium Coke." Kyle grinned and kissed my cheek before going to chase Austin away from an older couple who he was trying to steal their table from.

"Is that all?" The girl asked nervously.

"Um." I quickly looked over to make sure everyone was already here and ordered. Marc and Kent were sitting comfortably at a booth in the corner that looked like it might be able to fit us all in it. Kyle was, as previously stated, prying Austin away from the older couple. Caleb was by the soda bar, pumping tons of ketchup into tiny little cups. Only one was missing.

"Just one more Ham and Swiss, please, and a medium soda." Jonathan appeared at my side and I turned to see him smiling politely at the girl. That boy's manners were astounding.

"Okay, the total is." She paused while the machine hummed a little. "Twenty-Five and Thirty-Two cents." She looked up a little shocked. Before I could move for my card in my back pocket, Jonathan had his wallet out and was gently pushing me out of the way. I rolled my eyes and let him pay.

"You are such a weirdo." I muttered after he'd paid and the girl had gone to fetch our food. Jonathan looked taken aback and dramatically put his hand over his heart.

"You are calling me a weirdo?" He pretended to be hurt and then smirked. "I think the best example of a weirdo is heading our way right now." He chuckled and turned back to the little girl arriving with a few bags. I watched him confused until those two very familiar arms wrapped around me and I turned a little to see Kyle. He'd managed to get the little cups the ketchup was supposed to go in over his eyes and then he'd scrunched them so they'd stick.

"My boyfriend is a weirdo." I agreed with Jonathan and he chuckled a little more while Kyle's goofy smile fell into a frown. "Aw, does the buggy want a kiss?" I used a baby voice and Kyle nodded vigorously and smiled really big. I giggled and stood on my tip toes to lightly press my lips against his. Of course it wasn't that simple when it came to Kyle. I felt a little weird kissing the boy with the cups on top of his eyes, but that disappeared when his hands reached both sides of my neck and he deepened my small kiss. I faintly heard a disgusted grunt beside us, but paid little attention as Kyle's cold hands moved slowly down my neck.

He pulled away before I wanted him to and rested his forehead on mine. "I love you." He muttered and the shock that went through me made me happy and sick at the same time.

"I love you too." I smiled and pecked his lips before running out of his arms and toward the huge booth where everyone was now fighting over food.
♠ ♠ ♠
*mwuah*
COMMENTS and RATE = LOVE, so give me some!
most of you guys voted for banner two, so that's the one that won, plus the cool banner on the side made by katie *claps* because she loves me. but does this new layout hurt anyone's eyes besides mine?

tittle credit;; Last Night;; Motion City Soundtrack;;