Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

So The Bartender Who Tends To Pretend

I waited until I heard someone rummaging around in the front and then decided to get up. I checked my phone for the time and found it was only seven. That seemed strange since the boys were hardly capable of getting up before they went on stage. I grabbed fresh clothes from my bag before jumping into the bathroom and changing. I could hardly wait for the hotel tonight, with a nice hot shower. It’d been over a week since I’d had one, and the last one hadn’t been used to clean myself. I threw the dirty clothes in the bag that held the dirty laundry and headed for the front area to see who my lovely companion was this morning.

“Morning Adele.” Caleb grinned from the couch with a bowl of cookie crisp in his lap. My stomach turned, but I forced myself to smile back and sit down beside him.

“Morning Caleb.” I muttered and skimmed the area for the remote, anything to distract from this awful, awkward moment.

“How’d you sleep?” He asked lightly and produced the remote from his other side, giving it over to me.

“Not too shabby, yourself?” I flipped the TV on only to be met with a black screen. Of course the television wouldn’t be hooked up when I needed it most.

“My neck’s a bit stiff, but I slept.” He shrugged and watched the black screen like I did. It stayed quiet for a while. I was busy trying to think of ways to tell Caleb to leave me alone that I hadn’t tried already, and I don’t even want to think about what’s going on in his mind. “What time do you finish that interview today?” I squeezed my eyes closed.

“Fuck. I forgot about that.” I exhaled loudly and opened my eyes again. Caleb was smirking at me, amused, and I noticed the look he was giving me. It was the same look he’d had a while ago, on the night he first kissed me.

“Typical Adele.” He rolled his eyes and went back to his bowl of cereal. I sighed with relief and leaned my head back on the couch. “I was thinking maybe I could tag along with you though. It gets boring around here and it never fails to make me smile when you blush, which you do a lot of at interviews.” I winced.

“Baby!” Kyle whined from the doorway, cutting off any words Caleb could say and saving me. I raised my head to look at my adoring boyfriend. He made me smile as he stumbled over to the couch, eyes practically closed and body still warm from the covers. “You’re up to early.” He complained and sat on my other side, almost sitting on me, and snuggled into my side.

“Then why don’t you go back to sleep.” I giggled and patted his arms that were now securely around my middle, holding me tightly to him.

“Cause I can’t sleep without you.” He mumbled into the back of my neck and I watched as Caleb rolled his eyes.

“You’re a dork, Kyle.” Caleb stood and walked over to place his bowl in the sink. Kyle’s head poked up as he glared at Caleb.

“You’re just jealous cause I have a pretty girlfriend and you don’t.” Kyle stuck his tongue out like his usual self and then replaced his head behind my neck.

“Actually.” Caleb grinned like he knew something no one else did. “You’re hot girlfriend and I have been seeing each other behind your back.” My eyes widened and my mouth dropped as I stared at Caleb. He winked at me.

“Adele!” Kyle gasped dramatically. He had taken Caleb’s statement as a joke, exactly how Caleb had meant him to, but if only he knew those words were true. Kyle pulled away from me and held me at a distance from him. “How could you?” He pretended to look hurt while he’s eyes shined with humor.

“I love you so much more baby.” I tried playing along, but I know my voice didn’t come out half as convincing as I’d hope it would and Kyle could probably pick up on my desperation as I threw my arms around him and hugged him to my chest with as much strength as I had. I glared at Caleb behind Kyle’s back. He just smirked at me.

“That’s right!” Kyle added smugly and stuck his tongue out at Caleb, who just shrugged and went back to his cereal at the table. “So, what do you feel like doing today, babe?” Everything turned back to normal as Kyle kept his one arm around my waist and leaned us both back on the couch. Then the rest of the boys slowly woke up and drifted out to the main area with bleary eyes. I laughed and made conversation with them, but nothing was getting Caleb out of my head. I was mentally exhausted by the time we rolled into the new venue and it was official time for the last bit of my interview.

“Will one of you impersonate me and go do my interview?” I asked mostly serious, though everyone laughed.

“Sorry doll, that’s something we can’t do for you.” Kent smiled with a little sympathy. “However, we don’t go on until three twenty-five, so I can go with you if you want.” He shrugged and suggested. I jumped up from my spot next to Kyle and threw myself at Kent, who was already sitting on the floor.

“You’re my savior!” I hugged him and listened to his steady laugh through his chest.

“Dude, I so just killed you!” Kyle yelled, referring to the game he was playing with Austin. “Babe, why are you raping Kent?” I could hear the tiny smile he was giving, the one were he’s not sure he should be laughing or stopping me.

“Cause he loves me more then you.” I giggled and listened to Kent groan as Kyle gasped dramatically behind me. In seconds, Kyle had scooped me up from the floor, bridal style, and held me up to his head.

“Don’t you ever, ever think that.” Kyle smirked before crashing his lips onto mine, kissing me so passionately it made my head dizzy.

“Do we really need to see this?” Austin complained and I felt a twinge of sadness. I missed the little bit of privacy Kyle and I had back at the apartment.

“You should get used to it.” Kyle told him while he continued to smile down at me. “Cause there’s no way I’m letting her get away from me.” The adoration in his eyes had my heart jumping like it shouldn’t.

“What happened to you Kyle?” Caleb interrupted our stares and both of us looked over at him confused while he smirked at mostly me. “You’re such a softy now.” He teased.

“It happens to the best of us my friend.” Kyle sighed like it was a tragedy and carried me over to the couch where he sat down with me on his lap. “Once you find a girl that’s this special to you.” He kissed my cheek sweetly and then grinned at me.

“You really are going soft, man.” Austin shook his head and restarted the game they were playing earlier.

“Call it whatever you want.” Kyle picked up his controller and went back to playing, but now with his arms around me. I laid my head down on his chest and wrapped my arms around his tiny waist. Every now and then, usually while the game was loading, he would bend down and either kiss me somewhere or whisper in my ear. It was purely perfect, that is until one of his whispers reminded me that it was time to go finish my interview.

“I hate this lady.” I groaned and sat up, scanning the floor for my shoes.

“It’ll all be over in less than thirty minutes, promise.” Kent smiled as he brought over my shoes to me.

“She’s just so snotty.” I grumbled and slipped my shoes on before kissing Kyle. “Love you guys.” I yelled as I walked out the door and listened to their chorus of ‘byes’ as I waited for Kent. “Can’t we skip this and just tell the guys we finished it?” I pleaded and Kent laughed.

“Come on.” He steered me toward the AMP tent again and I could already pick out Rachel and Evan. “Is that her?” Kent whispered and nodded toward Rachel. I simply nodded and his eyebrows went up. “She’s hot.” He whispered again and I punched his shoulder. Rachel was a bit attractive, but her personality was repulsing.

“Just wait till she opens her mouth.” I whispered back to him just before we entered the tent and I smiled at the two. “Hey guys.” I greeted and Evan smiled over at me, a real smile, before he had to go back to plugging wires into his board.

“Adele, glad you could make it.” It didn’t even sound like Rachel was trying to sound the tiniest bit authentic. She just sounded like one of those preppy bitch cheerleaders I went to high school with.

“Glad to be here.” I put a lot of over enthusiasm in it and smiled huge. I could hear Kent trying to muffle his laughter and he passed it off as a weird sounding cough. This however caused Rachel’s attention to come up from papers and zone in on Kent.

“Beg pardon?” She snapped, obviously thinking he was a fan of some sort and totally unworthy of her time. This time I stifled my laughter as Kent’s mouth dropped open.

“This is Kent, from FTSK. He wanted to join me for the rest of the interview, if you don’t mind.” I pushed Kent forward as I took my spot on my bar stool.

“Of course not.” Rachel gushed and offered her stool to him. Funny how fast her attitude changes when she’s in the presence of someone famous.

“I promise to keep quiet.” Kent scooted the stool next to mine and sat down, giving me a ‘are you serious’ look. I smirked at him before looking back at Rachel who had ordered Evan to run and get another stool from their trailer.

“So how many more questions do we have left?” I asked, a little impatient I’ll admit, but nicely.

“Not many.” Rachel commented and grabbed the two microphones herself since Evan was still getting her stool. “We can start whenever you’re ready.” She tilted her head and just stared at me. It felt a bit creepy and I peeked at Kent from the corner of my eye to see him thinking the same thing.

“I’m ready.” I grinned as the Jack’s Mannequin song started to play in my head.

“Alright.” Rachel leaned over the board and pushed one button before turning back to me. “So Adele, what’s your favorite part of touring?” Lame question.

“I’d have to say the bands we get to meet, especially on Warped. There are a lot of my personal favorites on here and I’ve got to meet all of them and even have dinner with most of them.”

“What about relationships? Are they a problem for you while you’re on the road? Or are the guys too protective of you to even let you think about dating anybody?” Rachel overloaded me with questions and I was thankful Evan showed up with the stool to distract her for just a moment while I collected my thoughts into an answer.

“The guys are super protective, even if it’s just friendships that I’m making. They’re all pretty much like big brothers. But, um, I am currently in a relationship and it’s the best I’ve ever been in.” I glanced over at Kent to see him looking off with an amused look.

“And your boyfriend doesn’t mind the constant touring and you not being around?” Rachel was now set up on her stool and Evan was back behind his board. He rolled his eyes annoyed and started to push buttons. I guessed Rachel had done something wrong earlier.

“No, the touring doesn’t bother him.” I giggled. “Kyle actually tours too, with me.” I shrugged and Rachel’s eyes seemed to widen a bit while her mouth stayed open for longer than it should have.

“Kyle? As in Kyle Burns, the drummer of Forever The Sickest Kids?”

“Yep.” I smiled proudly.

“Oh, and how long have you two been going out?” Rachel seemed disappointed by the affection in my voice. She was probably hoping I’d be a whore and sleep with all the males on tour except those in FTSK. To bad for her.

“It’s been,” I turned my head over to Kent, “three months?” I pretended to ask him and he laughed.

“Yeah.” Kent nodded and then we both turned to Rachel. She seemed to be satisfied with this.

“How sweet.” She smiled, oh so fakely, and then looked back down at her papers. “Seems like you guys are just one big family.” She commented as she scanned questions.

“Completely.” I agreed and looked over at Kent again to see him laughing quietly.

“Why don’t you and Kent give us the funniest tour moment you’ve had so far?” She looked up and tilted her head, keeping her gaze on Kent and sending off those flirty vibes.

“Sure.” Kent grabbed the microphone from me and I looked at him astonished. This was supposed to be my interview after all. “About a week ago, after gates were closed and before we actually left for the next city, practically everybody squished into these four vans.” Kent grinned and looked over at me, sharing that ‘oh my god’ look, and then back to Rachel. “And these were vans that people were touring with so there’s hardly room for people as it is.” Kent laughed hard. “I think I was in Madina Lake’s van, and there were the boys of ML and then me plus, K Dirty, Caleb, Adam Russell, Craig Mabbit, Rian Dawson, and all of Mayday Parade, all squished like hell.”

“I was in Hey Monday’s van with them, Kyle, Jonathan, Alex G. and Jack Barakat, Delicious, and a bunch of groupie girls that were following them.” I cut in and giggled.

“So, we drive to Denny’s, which was like five miles from the actually place we played, and when we park it’s just like an avalanche coming out of the vans because everybody just pretty much fell out.” Kent was moving his hands to help tell the story and it was cracking me up. “Then we walk in, all dirty and sweaty and smelly, and got like four booths and three tables pushed together. It was just hilarious.” Kent finished. “I don’t even think the food was that good.” He turned to me questionably.

“Yeah, it was like there was so many of us that the cooks just kind of threw our food together cause they were trying to get it out as fast as they could.” I nodded. “And then Kyle made that gross waffle with Caleb.” Just talking about it made me want to throw up, but I managed. I just shook my head.

“Anyway, that’s been the funniest so far, just being squished and then staying at Denny’s for like three hours bugging our waitress like crazy.” Kent concluded and handed my microphone back.

“Sounds interesting.” Rachel smiled like she wasn’t sure what else to do and I noticed that ‘sounds interesting’ seemed to be the response she gave when she wasn’t exactly sure what to say either.

“Honestly, every moment is the best because the guys are always finding new ways to entertain themselves, so the laughter is never ending, especially when their ideas are ridiculously stupid.” I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

“Well, I think that concludes everything.” Rachel threw her papers over at Evan. “Thanks so much for your time, Adele.”

“No problem.” I grinned, finding it funny now that she was utterly irked by my answers. I handed the microphone to Evan and told him I’d see him around before quickly leaving with Kent. “Thank god that’s over.” I sighed and Kent laughed.

“It wasn’t that bad.” He argued and I noticed he wasn’t going in the direction of the bus.

“Was too.” I defended and followed him. “Where you going?”

“Food tent.” He replied just as we approached the tent that was put up in the backstage area for the bands. The food wasn’t always good, but it helped to have anything in this heat.

“I’m starved.” I droned dramatically and Kent shook his head while he chuckled.

“You’re weird.” He muttered and grabbed two plates, handing me one.

“So are you.” I stuck my tongue out at him before grabbing a break roll and a premade salad.

“There’s something I’ve got to admit.” Kent’s tone went from joking to serious too fast for my liking. I snatched up a fork and headed for a table, waiting for Kent to get done and join me. “I like you.” Kent told me lowly in my ear as he sat down beside me at the bench tables.

“I like you too Kent.” I laughed and took a bite of my salad.

“I mean as more then friends.” Kent hurriedly rushed out and looked at me nervously. My salad stuck in my throat and I found it pretty impossible to swallow. This can not be happening. “I know you have Kyle and all, I just had to ‘get it off my chest’.” Kent quoted and smiled, squinted his eyes form the sunlight. “But we’re still good, right?” His cheerful expression changed to a slightly worried one. I was practically choking on my salad by this point. “Adele?” I swallowed hard.

“We’re fine.” I gave him the best reassuring smile I could and then pushed my plate away. “I’m really not that hungry anymore.” I stood up and picked the plate up. “I’ll see ya around.” I smiled one last time before ditching the plate in the trash and running toward something to make some of this day sane.
♠ ♠ ♠
tittle credit;; Fourth Drink Instinct;; Cute Is What We Aim For