Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

I Will Be Able To Sleep At Night

“I am such a fucking idiot.” I sighed for the billionth time and buried my head in my arms that were resting on my knees. In my mad dash away from my only friends, I had managed to leave not only my clothes and personal possessions that were on the bus, but also the simple things, like money for a plane ticket. Luckily my phone vibrated in my pocket and I quickly pulled it out for some hope. It was Marc. I sighed again before answering. “Hey Marc.” I’m sure my voice was just as sad and depressing as I felt at the moment.

“Oh my god Adele! What the hell are you thinking running off like you did! How do you think Kyle is going to take this exactly, or did you just not care as you ran off with his best friends’ heart?” That last bit was harsh, and it hurt.

“First off, I was thinking I couldn’t bear hurt him by telling him that not only was Caleb macking on me, but also Kent confessed his love, and I’m starting to have feelings for my best friend!” I yelled into the speaker with all the frustration I had been holding back. “And two, what do you mean ‘ran off with his heart’?” Now it was Marc’s turn to sigh.

“Everyone knows it, but you apparently, but Jonathan’s had like the hugest crush on you for quite some time now, and the whole kissing him and then ditching did not help.” Marc explained and I felt my breath catch. Jonathan had feelings for me too? “And holy shit, Kent’s got it out for you too now?” I laughed drily.

“Yeah, and I was so confused and messed up, and then I ran into Jonathan and he did his whole overly kind and sweet, caring bestfriend and I just had the urge to kiss him, and it donned on me that the only way to solve my mess was to leave.” I picked my head up and looked up and down the empty street. “But the great plan didn’t work so well.”

“Why’s that?” Marc sounded curious, but I almost thought I could hear him holding back laughter.

“Well, besides the whole breaking Kyle’s heart probably more, I kind of left without money or my things.” I admitted and then Marc did bust out in laughter.

“Now you’re a smart one.” He remarked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see me. “Want me to come pick you up?” He offered and I sighed, a good one this time.

“If you would.” I mumbled into the phone and picked at my shoes.

“Just tell me where you’re at Princess Adele.” I could hear rustling around in the background and Marc’s vague voice as he told whoever was in the room with him that he was leaving.

“I’m sitting on a curb in front of a pizza shop.” I looked around for something a little more precise and found the street signs not that far away. “On the corner of Lemon Street and Crill Avenue.” I read to him.

“Okay, just sit tight and I’ll be there in a few.” Marc hung up and I smiled sadly as I closed my phone. There was going to be a lot more explaining to do once I got back. I laid my head back down on my arms and waited for Marc to show up. I’d even managed to almost drift off to sleep before the annoying car in front of me stopped and beeped its horn over and over. I glared up and found Marc in the front seat with his sunglasses and classic smile on his face. “Hop in, Dell.” He unlocked the doors and I took my own time pushing myself up and dusting my butt off before getting into the car.

“Where’d the car come from?” I questioned as I slipped my seat beat on out of habit. Kyle would always refuse to even put the car in reverse before I’d put my seat belt on, all because he was too scared of losing me.

“Silly Dell, tomorrow is our off day and tonight we’re staying in a hotel, hence the rental.” He shook his head and drove off with that sense of self-assurance that all the boys did so well.

“Right; I forgot about that.” I nodded a bit and stared out the front window with the sun glaring in my eyes. “So, how is Kyle doing?” I was cautiously approaching the hurt filled subject.

“Fine.” Marc shrugged and I felt a stab in my chest. “Well, technically, he doesn’t know you ran away yet. I was the first person in the bus Jonathan ran into and blurted the news to, and then he practically passed out on the couch while I grabbed my phone and went outside to scream at you.” He smiled over at me by the end.

“Thank god.” I muttered and kept my gaze to the outside that passed my window for the rest of the ride. I wasn’t shocked when we pulled into a Comfort Inn hotel since, a) there were a ton of band members that would be getting hotels rooms so we’d need a big hotel, and b) we were always low on cash.

“So Kyle, Austin, and your’s room number is two-sixty-seven, Caleb and Kent’s is on your right, and mine and Jonathan’s is on your left. Enjoy.” He smiled again before hoping out of the car and heading to his room. I sighed before stepping out of the car myself into the scorching heat and toward my lovely boyfriend that I would now have to spill my guts to. At least it was only Austin I would have to share a room with Kyle and I.

It took a little bit too finally get in the right area for our three rooms and my hand was on the cool steel doorknob when two arms wrapped around me from behind. I was too preoccupied with thoughts to recognize the arms were distinctly not my boyfriends. “Kyle,” I started and turned around in his arms, almost sighing his name with relief.

“Next guess.” Caleb smirked at my shocked expression and then bent down slowly. I knew the thoughts that were in his mind and I quickly pushed him away the best I could, though it really only made him take maybe two steps back.

“Not now Caleb!” I scolded and watched as his cool smirk turned to a mischievous one.

“Oh, so we’ll continue this later.” He chuckled and quickly swept in to kiss my cheek before walking toward the door to his room. “Till then, dearie.” He winked at me and I felt myself get sick as he disappeared into his room and I turned back to mine. I had to knock on the door and wait patiently since I didn’t have a key yet, biting my bottom lip from all the anxiety and nerves.

“Adele! There you are!” Austin answered the door and pulled me into a hug before letting me into the room. “Rumor was starting to go around that you’d left Warped.” He laughed and I could only meekly smile and force myself to roll my eyes.

“Rumors.” I shrugged and felt my heart sink a bit as I noticed the room was empty besides the two of us. “Where’s Kyle?” I asked coolly and Austin walked into the bathroom.

“Well, everybody’s down at the pool except Caleb and Jonathan, I do believe.” He yelled as I went and sat down on one of the beds and he stayed in the bathroom. “I was just heading down, but if you want to come too, I’ll wait for you.” He suggested and walked out in his bright orange swimming trunks.

“Maybe later.” I dismissed the idea of swimming for now. There were way bigger problems to be handled at the moment.

“Okie dokie.” Austin went back into the bathroom and came out with a fresh white towel in his arms. “See ya later, Adele.” He yelled before the clicks and slams of the door opening and closing followed him.

“See ya.” I mumbled into the empty room, feeling more isolated than I had sitting on that curb. I lay back on the bed, stretching out a bit, and started to make a list of things to do.

To do:

- Tell Kyle the truth
- Yell at Caleb till he gets it
- Find Marc a thank you card
- Apologize to Jonathan
- Buy more socks
- Figure out what to do

Now where to start?


I decided to start with Caleb since, one, I was already a little upset and that would definitely help the yelling part, and, two, because he was already up here. My face was already contorted with anger when I stood in front of Caleb’s door and knocked. How could he do this? Was it really just a game to him? Did it not matter that Kyle was, not only his best friend, but the sweetest thing to me? It had to end now.

Caleb opened the door with one of those wide smirks that would have made me sick if I hadn’t been channeling all my anger at him. “So soon?” He asked seductively and moved aside, gesturing for me to enter. I walked and stood in front of the first bed before turning to look at him while I yelled at him. Of course he beat me to words by attacking me with his lips. This time I didn’t kiss back. Instead, I pushed him, with all the muscle I could get, and he stumbled back stunned. “What,” he started but I held up my hand to stop him.

“I only came over to talk Caleb.” I was surprised to hear my voice come out strong and by the looks of it, so was Caleb. “I think you should stop kissing me.” The statement sounded so weird coming out, and lame too. Caleb also found it funny. “No, I mean I want you to stop kissing me.” I stated more firmly and his expression went from amused back to confused. “I refuse to cheat on Kyle with you, just because you think it’s fun. Maybe I could understand if you had feelings for me, but this is just a big game to you. And I came to tell you that if you try to kiss me again while Kyle and I are together, I will tell him.” I finished and swallowed hard, hoping he didn’t see it and notice how ultimately shaky I was.

“Tell him? Tell him what?” Caleb smirked again and crossed his arms. “He’s just going to think it’s a big joke, like he did this morning.” He has a point.

“Not if I have proof.” I resorted to the only thing I had left, bluffing. Caleb looked at me suspiciously, debating in his mind on whether I was lying or not.

“You don’t have proof.” He finally concluded, but I could see that he seemed a little more uneasy.

“Oh, but I do, and tons of it.” I spat and crossed my arms like his, glaring at him. “Leave me alone or I snitch and everybody turns on you.” I thought it sounded like a good final threat to leave him with so I turned to go out the door, but I felt his cool hand grab right at my elbow and spin me around.

“One last kiss.” He muttered before cradling my head in his hands, one on the back of my neck and the other on my cheek, and kissing me. It felt different from the other times he’d kissed me. Those kisses had been fast, hard, and just rushed. This one was gentle, with a sad twinge to it. He pulled back and then stepped away from me, putting his hands up in a defense position. “That’s it.” He promised and I locked eye contact with him. He seemed strangely sad. I nodded and then turned to leave, but stopping once the door closed behind me. Please tell me I did not just swoon when he kissed me.

After a few minutes, I was able to continue and I sighed as I approached Jonathan’s door. My hand positioned to knock on it, but not actually moving. “Not yet.” I mumbled and backed up from it, quickly going through my to do list again and deciding that the next thing was going to be hard. Hard as shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
ha! you guys thought she was leaving for good, didn't you?
: ] I did too, but then I realized she didn't have anything with her
Caleb's adorable in this one X D I just wanted to scoop him up and squeeze him.
sooooooooo comment!

and I'd also like to start getting some Team's established here.
If you could just leave it in your comment then I'd be thankful ; ]
Maybe if there's an overwhelming number for one guy, she'll end up with him
so do it!

tittle credit;; Lindsey Quit Lollygagging;; Chiodos;;