Status: Updating Rip the Jacker

Aim For The Heart My Bloody Valentine

Chapter 14

The sunlight was harsh on my eyes as I strolled down the lane to the main town. The bandwagon of merry murderers had abandoned me temporarily, and they must be nuts to think I would simply stay in that stuffy old barn they called a hideout. Yeah, it’s a barn. It doesn’t look like it from the inside, but on the outside you can clearly see the design was meant to host animals. Anyway, they left me here because I’m ‘inexperienced’, ‘annoying’, ‘in the way’, ‘a missing child and could be recognized’ and my favorite, from Marisha: ‘spending too much time with Marc’. As if. Marc can’t be more distant. I only came here because he wanted me to. And we spent so much time together before Ant, but he practically ignores my existence as I wander about the house.

Sighing, I kicked a pebble that protruded in my pathway into the nearby trees. Sure, going out to find more victims to kill wasn’t exactly my cup of tea. But the idea that they just ditched me hurt. The positive in my adventure though is that I might figure out exactly where I am and figure out a possible way out if I have too.

You can never tell with serial killers.

“Hey, where you headed?”

I turned my head and looked at the very familiar black and white car that crawled behind me. Leaning out the window was a man, brown hair getting blown back slightly by the gust. He wore big sunglasses that covered his eyes, but his friendly face offered me a smile. I gulped, realizing I cannot be talking to a police officer for very long. I’m a murderer now, after all.

“Just… headin’ up to the next town,” I replied, keeping my head low so he would not recognize me somehow.

“Well, hop in. I’ll give you a ride…” he said welcomingly, trying to get my name by dissipating the sentence.

“Um… L-Laura,” I lied, thinking about what Marc would do. “No thanks. I’m fine walking there.”

“You sure? It’s about a five mile walk and the wind is starting to pick up,” he said, staring at me quizzically. “You from these parts?”

Sighing, I realized I’m making myself suspicious by being off-putting to the officer. Perhaps it would be better to just let him take me to the town.

“No, I’m just visiting temporarily. And I supposed you’re right. I’d like a ride,” I said, smiling a little. A big smile grew on his face, smoothly opening his driver door and going to hold the passenger door for me. I nodded to him and ducked inside, holding my white dress down. That’s right, dress. Marc had said that until the hype about my disappearance was over, I couldn’t dress like I tend to. I had to change my entire style; even have to wear a lot of dark make-up. At least I could keep my flaming hair.

The officer slid into his passenger seat and smiled at me before putting on his seatbelt. I quickly followed, afraid to break the law in an own officer’s car. He put the car in drive and started down the road. I sat in peaceful silence as we drove, praying he wouldn’t arrest me for killing Ant.

“My name is Officer Ronald Love, by the way. You can call me Ron, if you like.”

I glanced over to see him still staring at the road, a big smile still plastered on his face. I decided not to answer, hoping I could get through this ride safely.

..................................Image

“Thank you for the ride!” I said, standing next to the police car’s driver door. Ron smiled and took off his infamously large sunglasses, revealing a pair of bouncing hazel eyes. I took a step back, surprised. He was unexpectedly handsome. His face was edged and had a light trail of stubble running along his jaw. Those bright hazel eyes topped it all off.

“No problem, Laura! If you ever need help, just ask for Officer Ronald Love!” he yelled, driving off and leaving me standing in front of the town market. I can’t really place it, but he looked a little familiar.

I let out a sigh and turned toward the postal office I saw earlier. I came here for a reason after all.

I still need an emergency escape plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wait.... how did this manage to be short? I worked so hard on it >=(
Ok, I'm reeling in the reins on this story (it got a little nonsensical).
I meant to introduce this officer a while back, but now that he is here the problems begin.

Comment&Subscribe