Sequel: All Grown Up

How To Hold On

Tension

Chapter 3

“You shouldn’t have talked to him,” Shadows walked besides me now, he was so much taller then me.

“Well, I couldn’t just ignore him,” Liddy said as she kept looking around, there wasn’t any whiteness anywhere it was dark, but she could see. She had entered a new stage and she wasn’t afraid.

“He’s not a very nice person,” Shadows said.

“So what? He was nice to me, at least as nice as I could expect him to be, what’s your history with him anyway?” Liddy stopped and looked up at Shadows.

“Long story,” Shadows answered but kept moving.

“I’ve got time,” Liddy said.

“No, you don’t that’s the whole point.” At this point he stopped he couldn’t go far without her, she was his main purpose.

“Oh, so what? What happens when my time runs out?” Liddy asked catching up with him.

“I don’t know,” Shadows answered his eye brows joining.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Liddy asked.

“I mean, I don’t know. Things don’t always happen they way you want them to happen. I don’t control what happens to you, you do. You’re here for a reason, and you have to figure out that reason, no one else can do it for you.” He stopped walking and looked down a Liddy.

“So why are you here?” Liddy asked.

“I’m here to make sure you make it through, no matter where it is you’re going to go, eventually,” Shadows said.

“So what are my options?” Liddy wondered.

“I can’t tell you that,” Shadows said.

They walked around in silence, with their thoughts, a man was coming from a distance. They were face to face, “Hello,” Liddy said. Shadows disappeared.

“Hi,” The man said. He had a baseball cap on his head. His eyes were green/golden, he studied Liddy cautiously. “Are you Liddy?” He asked.

“Yes, and you are?” Liddy asked.

“I’m V, nice to meet you,” he looked like a kid when relief washed over him.

“So, why are you here?” Liddy asked.

“I’m here to talk to you,” he said simply sitting down on a bench that appeared out of nowhere, then another appeared in front of him. “In case you don’t want to sit next to me.”

Liddy sat down opposite of him, he let his coat fall open and a Jack Daniels shirt was visible, “I like your shirt,” she said.

He pulled out a smoke and lit it, then offered the pack to Liddy, she shook her head, “I quit.”

“Meh, so did I many times,” he said taking a drag.

“So, what do we do?” Liddy asked.

“We remember,” V said smiling at her.

“What are we remembering?” Liddy asked again. All she could do was ask question about everything.

“Everything,” he gave her a smile and she slumped over on the bench.

Shadows appeared out of no where, “What did you do?”

He picked her up but she was limp, she was still breathing. “She’s gone,” V said.

“What do you mean she’s gone?” Shadows screamed.

“Relax, she’ll be back,” V took a drag out of his ciggarette.

“What do you want with her?” Shadows started to calm down he sat down on the bench with Liddy in his arms.

“She’s supposed to remember, she’s going to come back, eventually,” V said stamping out his cigarette.

“Does she know who you are?” Shadows asked.

“No, but why did you leave so soon? I mean I thought I would be able to talk to you and you just disappeared. Have you really forgotten what it’s like to be one of us?” V said.

“I was never one of you,” Shadows snarled.

“Oh, but you were, how easily one forgets when he’s switched sides,” V said standing up and dusting off his jacket.

“I haven’t forgotten,” Shadows said, “I just believe souls have more then this, they can be helped they can make it.”

He looked down at Liddy and his heart broke, she would come back but not the same. This slumber she had fallen in was not a slumber that anyone would want to fall in, it was a slumber of memories. Of the past, and the past had a funny way of catching up with one.

Liddy got up, her whole body felt like it had been trampled on by a thousand bulls, she pulled off the blanket. This was a complete déjà vu, she was back to the real world, had everything been a dream? Was she dead and this was heaven because right besides her was Taylor. He was spread across the mattress.

She leaned in and kissed him, he awoke “What is that for?” He asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Just wanted to say good morning,” Liddy smiled.

“Well good morning to you too,” he smiled as she got out of bed.

When she stepped into the bathroom the whole room changed, she stepped into the alley way. There he lay on the ground bleeding from his head. His eyes opened fixed on something that wasn‘t there. She ran to him and he wasn‘t breathing.

She cried, then an ambulance came and took him away, she was sedated, when she awoke. The nurse told her she had lost her baby. Tears streamed down her face and everyone she had trusted we‘re not gone, they had deserted her.

A new feeling entered her body, rage, she needed to get rid of this rage, so she let out a breath and Vengeance filled her.


Liddy stirred in Shadows’ arms she looked up at him, her eyes cold. She moved out of his arms. “You’re back,” he said.

“Yes,” her voice sounded different. “Where’s V?”

“I’m right here,” the voice came from behind her.

“I need to leave, I need to get out of here,” she told him.

“I know, you are free to pass. I will be with you.” V said.

“Liddy what are you doing?” Shadows asked coming up to her.

“I’m accepting what I need to do,” Liddy said as she took a smoke from V.

“That’s not good,” Shadows said.

“What the hell do you know?” V said as he lit the cigarette.

As she took a drag from it. V dissolved into smoke and she inhaled him. “I’m going to seek Vengeance I need to make them pay for what they did.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Update time :)