Sequel: All Grown Up

How To Hold On

Brompton Cocktail

Chapter 4
Lyrics

“I HATE YOU!” Liddy screamed. Shadows was walking besides her.

“Think about what you’re planning to do,” he said keeping up with her.

“V I need you right now,” Liddy said quietly.

All of a sudden V appeared besides her, he looked at her. “You called?” He said a little annoyed.

“Can I get rid of him?” Liddy pointed to Shadows.

“I’m afraid not,” V said.

“But he’s not helping,” Liddy pleaded.

“He’s not here to help, he’s here to level.” V took a cigarette out and offered her one.

“What?” Liddy took it from him.

“I’m here to level things out between them and the outside world,” Shadows said he made a chair appear and sat down. He looked pale.

“Why?” Liddy asked.

“They’re not here to help,” a voice came from behind her and she turned.

“Christian, I didn’t think I was going to see you again,” it was the little boy.

“Let’s just say I’m here to help a friend,” he said as he came closer. He waved his hand when Liddy looked back both V and Shadows were gone.

“Can you explain things to me?” Liddy asked.

“Yes,” Christian sat down on a chair and told Liddy to do the same.

“What is going on outside?” Liddy asked.

“Your mother is no where to be found. Cora is slowly dying trying to keep up with the world around her, she’ll soon be here too,” Christian said looking into her eyes. It was like looking back at time, at someone she once knew.

“What is Shadows doing with me?”

“He’s here to tell you about the good things that can happen if you move on.” Very matter of fact adult voice filtered into Liddy’s brain but she couldn’t understand what he meant.

“You’re dying, it’s plain and simple. You’ve met some important people here, Shadows and I believe it is best for you to go back, the others believe that you should stay. Not as strongly as the boss but still they believe that you don’t deserve to go back,” Christian said.

“What the hell do they know what I deserve?” Liddy screamed a little louder then she thought.

“Look at your life,” Christian said, “In fact you will, little by little you will see everything you need to see, the final decision is yours, but honestly, it’s better out there then here. Shadows will never lie to you, but others may deceive you. I need to go, I’ve been here long enough.” Christian stood up.

“Will you be back?” Liddy asked.

“When you really need me I will be there for you mother. I would of loved you with all my heart just as you love me with what is left of yours,” he hugged her quickly and left.

Liddy stood up and walked towards nothing. There was nothing in the distance. She felt cold and alone. Time passed faster or slower, she couldn’t tell but it felt like she had been walking forever. “Shadows?” she whispered.

“Yes?” He answered back.

“You’re still here?” She asked relieved.

“Yes.”

“V?” She said a little louder.

“Well, hello hello, miss me?” V’s voice flooded her mind.

“Are you one of them?” She asked.

“Am I one of who?” V’s voice changed a little, it could of been tension.

“The ones that don’t believe I deserve to go back?”

“Does it matter?” V asked.

“Well,” Liddy started to say, she opened her eyes and she was in a bedroom with a bed. She felt so relieved.

“Yes, I’m one of them,” V said. She could hear Shadows taking a deep breath, of surprise.

“Can you explain it to me? I want to understand,” she said getting into bed, she looked at herself and she was dressed in PJs.

“Why does it matter?” V asked.

“I will stay here, if you make me believe I should I will,” Liddy said as her eyes closed.

“No,” Shadows said for the first time speaking up.

“I’m going to take a nap, can I?” Liddy asked.

“Yes,” Shadows whispered.
“Ok, night night.” Liddy said and fell fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is a shorter Update
Hope you enjoy.
<3